Genesis.jpg
metropolis-final.jpg
MetropolisFINALbg-482.jpg
Genesis Alternate translite MDO.jpg
midget-toss.png
-1.png
-2.png

#1 9 years ago

Here's a new one. This translite aims to retheme it to "Metropolis", which was the inspiration for the game.

Let me know your thoughts!

- B

-2.png-2.png -1.png-1.png
#2 9 years ago

I like the looks of it but I think the Title needs to be higher and the scale of the people need to be bigger. Right now too much open space and the eye is not really drawn to anything other than the Title. Plus it will better align with the lamp board. Also, maybe it is the camera but the purple is a bit dark/intense. Not sure how to describe it.

#3 9 years ago

Pretty coo.

#4 9 years ago

Yeah the purple one is just a comp to show what it looks like in the game. I'll see what we can do about the tweaks

#5 9 years ago

Blasphemy! The original translite rocks!!

#6 9 years ago

Some one needs to come up with a tube person mod that lights up, haha. I agree about the font being up and bigger. Need some lightning bolts from the coils and rods maybe?

#7 9 years ago

Looks awesome lmk when have it done for sale

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Here's a new one. This translite aims to retheme it to "Metropolis", which was the inspiration for the game.
Let me know your thoughts!
- B

great soundtrack.
saw it in theatre as a kid

#9 9 years ago

here's the alt-translite i had in mind...

midget-toss.pngmidget-toss.png

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

here's the alt-translite i had in mind...

midget-toss.png 418 KB

lol

#11 9 years ago

Honestly if you are going the metropolis route, use the clock in the background. One of the best movies ever, period.

#12 9 years ago

i like how in Metropolis, he had video security cameras going to tv displays to monitor.
NONE of that existed at the time.

#13 9 years ago

Beautiful. I like it. Purple looks better overall but the blue shows off the contrast better.

#14 9 years ago

Looks great....

#15 9 years ago

thanks fellas, some new examples coming soon.

#16 9 years ago

Definitely a good start, nice job.

#17 9 years ago

Here's the one I made for my Genesis...It's a bit static; then again, I'm no graphic designer!Genesis Alternate translite MDO.jpgGenesis Alternate translite MDO.jpg

#18 9 years ago

Looks good and love the purple. One of the best things about Genesis imo: the purple ramps.

#19 9 years ago

To me, part of the charm of the original was the horrible backglass. The purple traslite looks better than the blue IMHO. I like the artwork on it, but the only problem for me is that it is a Genesis machine and not a Metropolis machine. Not that I am knocking your work since it is way better than anything that I could do.

#20 9 years ago

I like it, however, the scientist's assistant (midget) needs to be in the pictured too. I would also stay with the Genesis name instead of Metropolis. Anyway really nice job.

#21 9 years ago

+1 I'd stay with the genesis theme in Purple. I'm a big fan of the pin.

#22 9 years ago

Fun. I started my own the other day as well. I just went ahead and modified some artwork from a gentlemen named Laurent Durieux - did some color matching, moved around a few elements and added some things. I hope to redo some of the plastics as well.

Hopefully this isn't blasphemy, but I just want to enhance the good elements of the game. Little person and fake Elvira really don't fit Metropolis really well. MetropolisFINALbg-482.jpgMetropolisFINALbg-482.jpg

#23 9 years ago

And a slightly different take

metropolis-final.jpgmetropolis-final.jpg

#24 9 years ago

My favorite- done by Nawak and owned by my friend Lorenz.

Picture stolen on http://www.pinballowners.com/lorenz38

Genesis.jpgGenesis.jpg
11 months later
#25 8 years ago

Love all of these. Any others out there? Just bought the game and looking to do something different.

#26 8 years ago

Aurich need a new project? Now that the ramps are available all this game needs is a new translite for it to get noticed.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

Love all of these. Any others out there? Just bought the game and looking to do something different.

Hey, your Genesis already has a cool alternate translite in it!

(No worries. The game is yours to modify as you see fit. I promise I won't take it personally...)

-- Matthew

#28 8 years ago

I like yours too Matthew. Can't wait to see it in person.

#29 8 years ago

I'm kind of partial to the one a few posts up by Nawak, the one on pinballowners.com. I like the sense of cinematic history that it conveys.

However, mine does incorporate artwork from the playfield...

Looking forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks, Tokkentakker!

M

#30 8 years ago

OP: Title higher, false Maria (robot) larger. I like it!

mdolshan: Prefer a darker palette, maybe the rings should be more transparent and let some of the image thru? Nice!

roffels: Like it, face of robot should be more like the souless machine of the film. Looks too much like human Maria.

nawak: Very clever. Still prefer full standing robot somewhere in there. When it stands up, walks and looks at Joh Frederson, that is one of the most chilling scenes in movies ever.

Don C.

5 months later
#31 8 years ago

Are there any other Genesis files out there? Looking for something unique for mine

2 months later
#32 8 years ago

Does anyone have larger file sizes of the images here (esp the non Metropolis)? I'd love to get one printed but for 300 dpi the file KB is probably way too low. Does anyone have specs on what they printed which looked good?

#33 8 years ago

You paid for the pig, stop with the lipstick. Original Translight is the shiz!

3 months later
#34 8 years ago

I too would like to get a translite of Nawak's design. Love the original movie, and want this game to have that.

2 months later
#35 7 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

I too would like to get a translite of Nawak's design. Love the original movie, and want this game to have that.

Yes I agree. However I would take the Metropolis version, but I would love to have Nawak's version... Is it for sale? Hell, I would pay for the image if he does not want to make them anymore.

#36 7 years ago

I like this one.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

1 year later
#37 5 years ago

I like this one

METROBIG (resized).jpgMETROBIG (resized).jpg

#38 5 years ago

Awfull
Nothing to do with Metropolis...let it go.

#39 5 years ago

If someone would be willing to share their original art file, I'd love to have a alt-translite printed!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Wanted
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 15.00
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alt-translite-genesis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.