(Topic ID: 22189)

Alright who got the MB on mr pinball this morning for $4900?

By PinWiz17

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 55 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by NM
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

P1020015[1].JPG
DSCN0744[1].JPG
DSCN0742[1].JPG
P1030846.JPG
P1040257.JPG
P1040256.JPG
P1030854.JPG
P1030850.JPG
P1030849.JPG
P1030852.JPG
P1030843.JPG
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

It didn't last long!

#2 11 years ago

No one, at least at the advertised price.

The owners sent out a follow up email saying that they got an offer of 6500 and realized they underpriced the game. The explained that they will accept and consider all offers and sell to the highest offer.

Whodathunkit!

Dan (one amid the fray)

#3 11 years ago

Nobody, I responded with an "I'll buy it" at 6am

Here is the response I received a few hours later:

"Thank you for your response to our ad posted on mrpinball.com. We have been overwhelmed by the number of people who wish to purchase this pin and we have already been offered substantially more than our asking price ($6500). We realized that we underpriced our pin. We will sell the pin within 24 hours to the best offer we receive. You are invited to submit an offer.
People have asked the details of what two issues need to be addressed on this pin. To the best of our knowledge the easier of the issues is that the pin currently will not start. The starter apparently needs to be changed out. The second issue involves the multiball function for Frankenstein. When the threshold has been reached to trigger the Frankentein multiball, Frank drops down but then repeatedly goes up and down rather than stay in place to be hit by the balls. This malfunction makes it impossible to go on to the Monsters of Rock multiball.
There is wear around each leg, a wrinkle near the right flipper button, and some chips in the upright wood case. There is also some wear around the drac hole. Otherwise the physical condition of this pin is very nice. See photos.
As you can tell from our description of issues we have no desire to mislead anyone about the condition of the pin and everything else is in working order as far as we know. The maintenance of this however is beyond our capabilities and we want to sell it. It is a nice machine that gave me many hours of pleasure playing it.
Payment will need to be made in cash if the pin is picked up, or to Paypal after we contact a shipping company to calculate shipping costs to your zipcode. A deposit to Paypal is required while shipping costs are being calculated."

#4 11 years ago

Seems if they new enough to post on mr pinball they knew they were low and are looking to get a panicked over pay frenzy started. Hope no one pays that much but I guess the market will decide again. Ugh glad to have mine already, although it makes me concerned of a mm will ever be within my range again.

#5 11 years ago

Nice of so many people that live no where near the game to send off offers without even seeing it or knowing the true condition. Now the seller thinks he has a 6500+ machine and won't even let a local come over to see it in person since he believe he will have it sold and shipped for such a unreasonable price.

I messaged him at 3AM!!! and he gets bombarded by peolpe from allover the country offering redic prices.

THIS is why pin prices are so high!

#6 11 years ago

Neat trick. Post a cheap price on Mr. Pinball for an A-list game to get people all hot and bothered, then blast an email with your 'lowest' price out, and sit back and watch people trip over each other trying to hand you stacks of hundred dollar bills...

-Wes

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

The starter apparently needs to be changed out.

lol

#8 11 years ago

The pin is in high demand, not surprised at the response, like it or not

#9 11 years ago

Well that's one way to put a game up for auction without having to pay ebay fees

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

herbertbsharp said:

The starter apparently needs to be changed out.

lol

Hahhahaha yeah that one made me laugh too

#11 11 years ago

Maybe its the Bendix or the Armature.....could be the solenoid lol.

#12 11 years ago

Got the same email with some pics. Now that he is aware he wants the best offer he can get. I told him an offer is only good if there is cash in hand.

#13 11 years ago

I bet he sells it for more than $6500 - routed games go for more than that now. It does have some issues but there is a frenzy with this game. Unless you know the owner it is a difficult game to buy in the $6500 range.

#14 11 years ago

The "starter"....? WhenTF did pins start having automobile parts in them.

Man, I can guarantee you that if that's the terminology they're using, there are ALOT more issues with this machine we don't see in photographs.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

The "starter"....? WhenTF did pins start having automobile parts in them.

Maybe it is just out of gas....

#16 11 years ago

I've seen this same thing happen twice in Madison in the last year with the same $4900 price followed with an "oops" it's $6500. The pics are different this time, don't know if it's the same guy.

To quote the immortal McCune "It's just another blown out Monster Bash".

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nice of so many people that live no where near the game to send off offers without even seeing it or knowing the true condition. Now the seller thinks he has a 6500+ machine and won't even let a local come over to see it in person since he believe he will have it sold and shipped for such a unreasonable price.

I messaged him at 3AM!!! and he gets bombarded by peolpe from allover the country offering redic prices.

THIS is why pin prices are so high!

Oops, was there a secret golden rule on buyng pins farther than X distance??

#18 11 years ago

If anyone in the WI area is looking i have a lead on a decent one pm me.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

If anyone in the WI area is looking i have a lead on a decent one pm me.

pm sent

#20 11 years ago

If it was for sale by someone down here in south Louisiana, then I'm bummed out. ....but that never happens, so I assume it was for sale somewhere in the ne or midwest USA. ??

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

you don't want one anyhow.

#22 11 years ago

Otherwise the physical condition of this pin is very nice.

All it needs is a full restoration.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

you don't want one anyhow.

Hey! I could change my mind : )

I will say out of the old classics this is the one I would buy. But your right...I wont.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Actually, I find it pretty tacky when people from no where near the sale and no real chance of getting this game for a decent price are purposefully sabatoging it for anyone else by emailing the seller and telling them they need to up the price and providing a standing offer of way more than a sight unseen machine blown out MB with car parts that don't work should ever sell for or what they will actually come through with.

Second point, you are just trolling since you are not used to getting pins for less than NIB price anyway

#25 11 years ago

The starter apparently needs to be changed out

Are they selling a PINBALL or a GRILL!?

#26 11 years ago

Since we are on the subject of MB - I just got back my playfield from HSA. My restoration hopefully start this weekend. It should turn out great...

P1030843.JPGP1030843.JPG P1030852.JPGP1030852.JPG P1030849.JPGP1030849.JPG P1030850.JPGP1030850.JPG P1030854.JPGP1030854.JPG

#27 11 years ago

wanted to show playfield...

P1040256.JPGP1040256.JPG P1040257.JPGP1040257.JPG P1030846.JPGP1030846.JPG

#28 11 years ago

The bride is almost NSFW!

#29 11 years ago

Here's the machine on mr. pinball. I don't think it's "very nice". Looks like a core/players game to me.

DSCN0742[1].JPGDSCN0742[1].JPG DSCN0744[1].JPGDSCN0744[1].JPG P1020015[1].JPGP1020015[1].JPG

#30 11 years ago

I am also tired of idiots posting a set price on Mr. Pinball, then saying, oops, I priced it too low, then get in a bidding war...Now it is almost certain that someone is going to overpay for this
machine and thus, as a few other people stated, drive the prices up.... Obviously the seller knew enough about MR. Pinball to list....Basically set a price and stick with it! Don't jerk people around.
This hobby is getting way to greedy and ridiculous....

#31 11 years ago

Another OT, I'll trade my beautiful MB with no Drac wear and recently shopped towards a BBB only.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

Obviously the seller knew enough about MR. Pinball to list....

His email address is pinball@....., so i think he/she does.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Here's the machine on mr. pinball. I don't think it's "very nice". Looks like a core/players game to me.

Even MB 'players' games are going for $6,500 to $8,000.

I see a credit dot in the picture - so I'm sure there is more to fix than the 'starter'

MB is at the top of my list right now - but I'll have to sell half the collection off or sell my youngest kid (j/k) to get one.....

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

davewth said:

Even MB 'players' games are going for $6,500 to $8,000.

Step up to plate and offer that then. I've made my offer.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

or sell my youngest kid (j/k)

Yeah, seriously, you'll get a couple thousand more for your oldest kid.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Since we are on the subject of MB - I just got back my playfield from HSA. My restoration hopefully start this weekend. It should turn out great...

Who modded your Monsters?

They look great.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Who modded your Monsters?

They look great.

My model painter in San Diego - if anyone wants his email just pm me.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

The bride is almost NSFW!

I am hoping that is good?

#40 11 years ago

for those interested - I originally posted pics of the toys here....

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-toys-are-all-done-and-painted

#41 11 years ago

The good new in all of this is that Mr. Pinball has removed his ad and he is forever banned from their site for pulling crap like this. Kudos to them for doing the right thing.

#42 11 years ago

The starter apparently needs to be changed out

Has he tried kick-starting it? Probably just a dirty carburetor...

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Has he tried kick-starting it? Probably just a dirty carburetor...

I don't see why he doesn't pull his pickup up to it and try to jump it

#44 11 years ago

I too was interested till the ooooohhhhh we didn't realize email, spare me the stupidity .for a fleeting second I assumed someone was selling a pin at it realistic price.
I'm out.

#45 11 years ago

so did anyone get this or was it just all talk from the get go?

#46 11 years ago

update for anyone interested:

I have now seen the machine in person.

This MB is a routed out beater with big issues. Cab is beat with pealing decals, battery corrosion, hacks on the boards, scoop hole is really bad in person. Be prepared for anyone that is trying to buy this as you are wasting your time at the price they are now asking. If you pay even the original asking price of $4900 you are foolish IMHO.

Sounds like some guy in TX has just offered them 7000 and has a shipper ready to take in next week. Poor guy is gonna over pay and waste $ on shipping this piece of junk. I happily passed at the current asking price and feel fortunate that I did not get it for the original price as I would have probably originally paid 4900 in the rush of the hunt excitement only to be very pissed at myself later.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sounds like some guy in TX has just offered them 7000 and has a shipper ready to take in next week. Poor guy is gonna over pay and waste $ on shipping this piece of junk.

He'll be getting what he deserves! I wrote this off as soon as I got the oops email. Screw that guy and anyone that looks like him.

Did he have a road show and a banzai run perchance?

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I wrote this off as soon as I got the oops email. Screw that guy and anyone that looks like him.

+1

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

The McCune statement applies to this game ! LOL

Jim

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

He'll be getting what he deserves! I wrote this off as soon as I got the oops email. Screw that guy and anyone that looks like him.
Did he have a Road Show and a Banzai Run perchance?

I agree that the Texan that played this BS bidding game deserves exactly what they will get! I half debated not even posting the update here, but assuming that the Texan may actually be a good pinsider here I would feel bad if I had not given a fair warning of the real condition...

Don't waste your time texan. You can thank me with a beer later

The seller had no other games ever. Just a homeowner with NO idea about pinball games but bought this one a while ago for fun. They honestly have had it sitting broken for quite some time. It is dirtier than every game I have bought in the past 8 months combined. The operator they originally bought if from is a now retired hack job and it is his typical work that can be seen when he 'repaired the game" for the home owner. Since the retired op stopped doing maintenance they have been using the other extremely shoddy OP in town.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 12.95
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alright-who-got-the-mb-on-mr-pinball-this-morning-for-4900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.