(Topic ID: 115467)

Alright, Pinside, you just convinced me to get a Mustang LE!

By frolic

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20141209_082614.jpg
IMG_20141209_082523.jpg
IMG_20150120_111601.jpg
IMG_1013.JPG
whiny.jpg
IMG_0989.JPG
IMG_0993.JPG
IMG_0998.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I played one (a Pro) on route with my wife and was surprised how fun it was. Then the buzz continued to grow online from happy owners.
I was going to get a Premium, but the local distributor only had LEs so I decided what the hell and came home with it yesterday. I host my local pinball league and it will be the only one in league play, so it adds variety.
First impressions... AWESOME!! Really exciting game. I think it's right to call this game this years Iron Man and it will find its fans in time.
And I'm really happy with the LE bling. It's more like STLE than TWDLE (I have all 3). Back box flashers, metallic cabinet trim, built in shaker, nice blue powder, lit speaker grills.
Photos below of me, my son playing, and how it looks in its new home.

IMG_0998.JPG 148 KB

IMG_0993.JPG 145 KB

IMG_0989.JPG 170 KB

Congrats, I could only afford the Pro but I love it just the same. This is the second "Mustang" I bought new but I didn't order this one and have to wait 5 months to get it. Mirror blades are a must on this game. Have a blast.

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Here's my 2 bit review, from playing 100 games or so:
-Software seems "done". I don't see any glaring problems or anything missing at all.
-The game is very fast, short ball times. There are 6 selectable modes, a mini wizard and a final wizard. In that sense it reminds me of Tron, with Sea of Simulation an attainable mini wizard mode.
-The modes are all unique. Each has their own story line, characters, dots and achievements.
-For a tournament style game, this game is tremendous. A lot of choice for the player, stacking opportunities, and risk/reward.
-The LE/premium features are nice. The "vip pass" turbo boost works just like acdc. You earn them from skill shots, as well as the drop target hazards that pop up after you finish a mode. Nicely integrated.
-Light show is tremendous. I think on the Pro as well the strobing and such is intense. The LE adds color changing target lights depending on the mode.
-One of my early criticisms of the game was a lack of apparent toys, but the rotating car with the featured letter is fun, and that set of gear shift drop targets works really well in the middle.
-The triple ramp is cool. 1 ramp, 4 possible outcomes.
-Changing the music was easy, and I would say elevates the game tremendously. Again, if you are stuck on the theme, by putting in your own music you can make it a more generic racing game.
-It totally succeeds as a car based pin. Totally captures the fun of racing.
Give it a second look, especially with latest software (1.4) if you dismissed it early on.

Very nice review thanks. Many people have said the game is basicly finished as far as code goes and I just wondered how Stern accomplished it that fast for as long as the game has been out. Could it be because they told Ford it would be a "finished" game in "X" amount of time. Just look at how long Star Trek has been out and people are still bitching about the code still not done. It really makes me wonder sometimes.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I'm giving you a thumbs up for spreading Mustang love with your buddies!
Nice one Frolic.

I did too.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Last time I went out to play, I had more fun on this machine than I've had on any other for months. Nothing groundbreaking, but a real fun pin to play.

Good to hear, it's a fun fast game.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from superJackpot:

As a regular member of the league, I was one of those 25 people at Frolic's last night. I've played the Pro a number of times in other leagues, and very early on at Papa HQ.
The LE is more of what was already a decent game. Love the multi level left ramp with its different exit points. The variety of targets used by the mode objectives is refreshing. Those orbit standup targets that appear from nowhere are evil The rotating car is too large. Players of various height had to stand higher to see the double stacked lanes up top. I don't recall this on the pro.
Yet, my Mustang experience did not go so well. Wish I could have endured long enough to play more than two games. Despite requests to the contrary from his guests (league members at that), Frolic is adamant about keeping his game room pitch black dark with no ambient light source. I found the combined strobing of LEDs from this game/all games too much strain on my eyes. White ceiling and glossy dark painted walls just exacerbate the effect. Had to leave early as a result. I wasn't the only one.
Frolic's position: "His house, his rules." So I said I won't be back. Shame.

That's to bad, some people are just more sensitive to light then others. I have friends that can't work in a room with floresent lights because the flicker of the lights give them headaches.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from bayoubilly70:

I'm pretty sure that the 18 years olds who had to storm Normandy beach didn't have that problem. I can tell you some stories handed down if its of interest. Is that too much reality on a pinball forum for you? They weren't fortunate enough to play Mustang pinball. What's wrong with you?
Mustang is a great game... and it sounds your host, letting you into his gameroom, is a great person. Have some class.

Granted he shouldn't have discussed this in this thread but he has a physical problem, the same problem some of my friends have. When they come over I turn on the lights to accommodate them so they feel comfortable and welcome and can enjoy the games and I can enjoy their company. It's called being a good host. If they don't come over then it's "lights out" and we play by black light and game light. So do I "have class"?

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

If you come to my house and start messing with the lights or the thermostat I will show you the door.
You know the truth about harsh lighting conditions? All the people you are up against have to play in the same conditions. Its still an equal playing field.
I have had people complain that a VUK was not always getting the ball up (as if I should pull the glass off and do a repair right there on the spot while they hold the ball). Some people take it way too seriously.
"My house my rules" is more than fair... it's the law of the land.
Anyone who "walks out" of a room where you have been invited to play with $50,000+ in toys for free... lol... no-one is going to be able to make that guy happy.

Even if it makes some of you friends sick?

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

You been pretty quiet frolic, are you still enjoying your Mustang LE?

Don't bother him....he's in loooove.

#122 9 years ago

I feel like dialing the slings down a notch or two it's so fast.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from bitCurrier:

sorry, I am catching up on this thread.
yeah I get the house rules thing but this gets fuzzy because this is a competitive situation where you shouldn't have an environment that isn't welcome to all players.
A friend of mine wouldn't even consider playing AFM at the bar due to that he would get nose bleeds from strobing lights. Or seizures, I didn't remember or probe why really. But seizures are real, of course, hence the warnings on some games.
Personally, after I've installed LEDs in the GI, and I have all the ambient lights off, I absolutely can see the flicker rate from the LEDs when the ball moves fast enough. So I'm trying the GI OCD product because I want to get the GI dimming but also curious to see if I can detect a strobe effect in the ball movement. Yes, my eyes are different, I am extremely near sighted, have astigmatism, and partially colorblind.
I'm also getting close to bring league play into the local collectors' houses. I'm considering making an ambient light clause in the rules if a player requests it just to allow for players who do not like how LED technology changes the game experience for them.

Your a wise man and considerate of your guests.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Finally got my paws on the game tonight and was thoroughly impressed.
Very fun. Great speed and flow, fun ramps, lots of multi balls.
I even liked the music, considering the theme and the tone of the game.
Definitely surprised me!

#137 9 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

This game definitely took me by surprise. I'm not a car guy so the theme did nothing. And I wasn't blown away by the initial features. But this machine plays great. Fast game with some really cool rules. I think it's behind only AC/DC in my favorite recent Stern machines.
I've played mostly at a bar so haven't heard the music all that much but this is a really fun players machine. It's my go-to game when I'm out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wichita, KS
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Calgary, AB

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mustangpaul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alright-pinside-you-just-convinced-me-to-get-a-mustang-le?tu=mustangpaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.