(Topic ID: 115467)

Alright, Pinside, you just convinced me to get a Mustang LE!

By frolic

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20141209_082614.jpg
IMG_20141209_082523.jpg
IMG_20150120_111601.jpg
IMG_1013.JPG
whiny.jpg
IMG_0989.JPG
IMG_0993.JPG
IMG_0998.JPG

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago

It's such a fun game I'm probably gonna order up a premium right after my LE is picked up by its new owner.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

It's such a fun game I'm probably gonna order up a premium right after my LE is picked up by its new owner.

Who's the lucky bastard?

#103 6 years ago

If you come to my house and start messing with the lights or the thermostat I will show you the door.

You know the truth about harsh lighting conditions? All the people you are up against have to play in the same conditions. Its still an equal playing field.

I have had people complain that a VUK was not always getting the ball up (as if I should pull the glass off and do a repair right there on the spot while they hold the ball). Some people take it way too seriously.

"My house my rules" is more than fair... it's the law of the land.

Anyone who "walks out" of a room where you have been invited to play with $50,000+ in toys for free... lol... no-one is going to be able to make that guy happy.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

If you come to my house and start messing with the lights or the thermostat I will show you the door.
You know the truth about harsh lighting conditions? All the people you are up against have to play in the same conditions. Its still an equal playing field.
I have had people complain that a VUK was not always getting the ball up (as if I should pull the glass off and do a repair right there on the spot while they hold the ball). Some people take it way too seriously.
"My house my rules" is more than fair... it's the law of the land.
Anyone who "walks out" of a room where you have been invited to play with $50,000+ in toys for free... lol... no-one is going to be able to make that guy happy.

Even if it makes some of you friends sick?

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Even if it makes some of you friends sick?

Well...

ME PERSONALLY...

If someone came up to me and said "dude, the lighting is making me sick"... to me... lighting is not THAT BIG OF A DEAL that I would be willing to adjust it... afterall.. these are guests in my home and I want them to feel welcome and happy.

Having said that...

I do believe in the "my house my rules" rule. Its the truest of all rules.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Having said that...
I do believe in the "my house my rules" rule. Its the truest of all rules.

Incorrect. 5 second rule trumps it.

But I thought we were done with game room lighting and league office politics and were back to talking OP's new Mustang.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

You are not getting your facts straight.

This was a scheduled league night. Those were members in attendance. Members pay a fee to play for the season. We pay the host an entrance fee each night we attend. This was competitive play, not a friendly or casual invitation to play pinball at someone's house.

I am a host for this league as well. $50000+ and all that (as if that matters)... In my home I will go out of my way to make guests feel comfortable. It's called being a gracious host and is how I was brought up.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Incorrect. 5 second rule trumps it.
But I thought we were done with game room lighting and league office politics and were back to talking OP's new Mustang.

Nope I'm getting dragged back into it. Sorry.

5 second rule . I like that.

But it's my last post on 'that' subject in this thread.

Mustang looks to be a great game. Please carry on.

#109 6 years ago

Well... as a host my main focus is on everybody is having a great time. That said - it is sometimes not possible! I also have difficulties playing in the dark... but without getting headaches, i am just performing poorly. Turning on the light is not so easy... maybe it is to bright, maybe some machines can't be played anymore because of the reflections... so at the end of the day there is no black and white...

@ frolic - thanks for starting this thread! my mustang (have it since xmas) is a real fun machine. it may never be a "classic", but still tons of fun. i tried to do a custom song list, but I didn't manage to get it done... next weekend is the plan!

by the way - how about getting some ratings done for premium/le... at this there re not even the 15 needed to be calculated and listed. i have just done it.

#110 6 years ago

You been pretty quiet frolic, are you still enjoying your Mustang LE?

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

You been pretty quiet frolic, are you still enjoying your Mustang LE?

Don't bother him....he's in loooove.

#112 6 years ago

Well got my LE last night, had a buddy come over to help me set it up and we played till midnight.

The Good:

Is seems to have a good risk-reward strategy, looks visually stunning with the powercoat, backglass, carbon fiber and artwork, the turntable pretty cool feature thou it does block the pops a bit, seems to have good flow, is super fast and the rules seem to be pretty dialed in.

The Bad:

The music 'oh the horror', thank god for pinball browser looking forward to changing out the honky-tonk type of feel, I can see why many people stayed away from the theme as it truely is not the best.

Overall: I am happy with the game, only had 5 plays on it so will need to play it more to see if it has the lastibility of games like ACDC BIBLE and STLE but first impressions are that it is going to be a solid entry in my collection.

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from bcrage88:

Well got my LE last night, had a buddy come over to help me set it up and we played till midnight.
The Good:
Is seems to have a good risk-reward strategy, looks visually stunning with the powercoat, backglass, carbon fiber and artwork, the turntable pretty cool feature thou it does block the pops a bit, seems to have good flow, is super fast and the rules seem to be pretty dialed in.
The Bad:
The music 'oh the horror', thank god for pinball browser looking forward to changing out the honky-tonk type of feel, I can see why many people stayed away from the theme as it truely is not the best.
Overall: I am happy with the game, only had 5 plays on it so will need to play it more to see if it has the lastibility of games like ACDC BIBLE and STLE but first impressions are that it is going to be a solid entry in my collection.

Congrats!

I got my Mustang LE 4 days ago and I very much agree with your early assessment.

The code on this game is actually quite good and definitely appears to be complete for all practical purposes. I agree on the risk/reward aspect as well. However, it does appear that this game can hand out a lot of extra balls, which I'm not necessarily too fond of. I may limit them in settings. Then again, ball times are short with factory outlanes. Will have to see about balancing out the two.

The flow is good, and as you say, this is one FAST playing pin.

The overall appearance of the LE is simply stunning. I place it's appearance just 1 notch below STLE, which is high praise. The artwork on the PF isn't as good as the rest of the pin though, but not bad either.

Also agree completely on the songs. Pretty bad. Thank God for Pinball Browser. Mine already had new code added with better songs and even custom call outs, including the super jackpot call out from AFM!

Pin is just a ton of fun to play so far. Will see how it goes as I get to know the rules better and spend more time on it.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Congrats!
I got my Mustang LE 4 days ago and I very much agree with your early assessment.
The code on this game is actually quite good and definitely appears to be complete for all practical purposes. I agree on the risk/reward aspect as well. However, it does appear that this game can hand out a lot of extra balls, which I'm not necessarily too fond of. I may limit them in settings. Then again, ball times are short with factory outlanes. Will have to see about balancing out the two.
The overall appearance of the LE is simply stunning. I place it's appearance just 1 notch below STLE, which is high praise. The artwork on the PF isn't as good as the rest of the pin though, but not bad either.
Also agree completely on the songs. Pretty bad. Thank God for Pinball Browser. Mine already had new code added with better songs and even custom call outs, including the super jackpot call out from AFM!
Pin is just a ton of fun to play so far. Will see how it goes as I get to know the rules better and spend more time on it.

Hey thanks you too. One other thing I did find was because the game is so fast, I do get some drop target rejects, but man really like having the drops and the gear 5 and gear 6 difficultly is awesome!!!! I will definately check into the extra ball settings I actually didn't achieve one in the games I played as I really didn't know what the hell I was doing other then trying to get to gear 6 every game, and getting massive jackpots for multiball lol... The silky smooth ramp and killer spinner shots are pretty satifying for sure, glad I was able to overlook the theme and overall music of the machine as it could be a gem once it is dialed in...

#115 6 years ago

I'm so happy with my premium. All of the different results from the left ramp is such a cool feature. I like the Motörhead song....and that's about it. The theme kept me off the game as well but the pops are uniques as well as the four roll over lanes at the top. Might be the hardest skill shot around.

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Granted he shouldn't have discussed this in this thread but he has a physical problem, the same problem some of my friends have. When they come over I turn on the lights to accommodate them so they feel comfortable and welcome and can enjoy the games and I can enjoy their company. It's called being a good host. If they don't come over then it's "lights out" and we play by black light and game light. So do I "have class"?

I'm so confused... it was the public bitching after being welcomed into someone's house. It has nothing to do with lights on or off, or if you have lights on or off.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from bcrage88:

Well got my LE last night

Congrats!! I was worried there for awhile. Didn't get an Email response.

#118 6 years ago

Sounds like people are starting to warm to Mustang!!! That's awesome I thought this game was a hit from the get go...

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Congrats!

Congrats! I like Mustang myself. How did you get the custom code? Was this a used game or maybe a Refinery edition?

#120 5 years ago

I just ordered my premium. I am psyched

#121 5 years ago

STANG is a killer game

#122 5 years ago

I feel like dialing the slings down a notch or two it's so fast.

#123 5 years ago

Just got my Pro yesterday. Fantastic game! And yeah, I had to dial down the slings. The ball got trapped inside the sling housing 3 times. Brought the power down and no issues.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from bcrage88:

Hey thanks you too. One other thing I did find was because the game is so fast, I do get some drop target rejects, but man really like having the drops and the gear 5 and gear 6 difficultly is awesome!!!! I will definately check into the extra ball settings I actually didn't achieve one in the games I played as I really didn't know what the hell I was doing other then trying to get to gear 6 every game, and getting massive jackpots for multiball lol... The silky smooth ramp and killer spinner shots are pretty satifying for sure, glad I was able to overlook the theme and overall music of the machine as it could be a gem once it is dialed in...

Okay only had V1.0 on it so I upgraded to the V1.4 and yes extra balls are pretty easy thou I am not sure how I was even getting them... Only had two games on it and was over 200M on both games, six ball multi-ball is super crazy... Need some time on this machine to really understand the rule-set, with only six modes and two wizard modes not a super deep game but it seems like the rule-set is pretty solid for stacking multiballs and such... The Mustang multiball kind of cheezy with the Mustang letters already lit especially in multiplayer might have to change this to competition mode to get rid of that setting...

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Congrats!! I was worried there for awhile. Didn't get an Email response.

Ya been super busy man, sorry didn't get back to you...

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from superJackpot:

You are not getting your facts straight.
This was a scheduled league night. Those were members in attendance.
I am a host for this league as well. $50000+ and all that (as if that matters)... In my home I will go out of my way to make guests feel comfortable. It's called being a gracious host and is how I was brought up.

So if frolic wanted the lights off you would let him.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Congrats! I like Mustang myself. How did you get the custom code? Was this a used game or maybe a Refinery edition?

HUO game that the prior owner had already done the Pinball Browser thing to.

Cool tidbit: the seller of this Mustang LE has already placed his order for the Mustang Premium as he loves the pin, has a slight preference for the looks of the Premium, and is planning on doing a lot of custom upgrades/mods.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from bcrage88:

I upgraded to the V1.4 and yes extra balls are pretty easy thou I am not sure how I was even getting them

When a ball lands in the Mustang Store. One of many rewards will appear in the display. This does not happen when the MUSTANG Letters are flashing and/or the turntable is moving. Only one ball in the store at one time .

#129 5 years ago

sorry, I am catching up on this thread.

yeah I get the house rules thing but this gets fuzzy because this is a competitive situation where you shouldn't have an environment that isn't welcome to all players.

A friend of mine wouldn't even consider playing AFM at the bar due to that he would get nose bleeds from strobing lights. Or seizures, I didn't remember or probe why really. But seizures are real, of course, hence the warnings on some games.

Personally, after I've installed LEDs in the GI, and I have all the ambient lights off, I absolutely can see the flicker rate from the LEDs when the ball moves fast enough. So I'm trying the GI OCD product because I want to get the GI dimming but also curious to see if I can detect a strobe effect in the ball movement. Yes, my eyes are different, I am extremely near sighted, have astigmatism, and partially colorblind.

I'm also getting close to bring league play into the local collectors' houses. I'm considering making an ambient light clause in the rules if a player requests it just to allow for players who do not like how LED technology changes the game experience for them.

#130 5 years ago
Quoted from briandols:

sorry, I am catching up on this thread.
yeah I get the house rules thing but this gets fuzzy because this is a competitive situation where you shouldn't have an environment that isn't welcome to all players.
A friend of mine wouldn't even consider playing AFM at the bar due to that he would get nose bleeds from strobing lights. Or seizures, I didn't remember or probe why really. But seizures are real, of course, hence the warnings on some games.
Personally, after I've installed LEDs in the GI, and I have all the ambient lights off, I absolutely can see the flicker rate from the LEDs when the ball moves fast enough. So I'm trying the GI OCD product because I want to get the GI dimming but also curious to see if I can detect a strobe effect in the ball movement. Yes, my eyes are different, I am extremely near sighted, have astigmatism, and partially colorblind.
I'm also getting close to bring league play into the local collectors' houses. I'm considering making an ambient light clause in the rules if a player requests it just to allow for players who do not like how LED technology changes the game experience for them.

Your a wise man and considerate of your guests.

#131 5 years ago

I noticed on the playfield that there is a span of 30 years that not a single Mustang is represented. From 1970 to 2000. Is that right? Even though this is a Stern machine, my guess is that Ford had input on the approval of design. If this is the case, are they basically saying, hey we didn't build a Mustang worth mentioning for 30 years!
I would think that most would agree that the 2nd generation Mustangs are crap, but thought that they started turning the corner with the 3rd generations...

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

So if frolic wanted the lights off you would let him.

If he and/or others complained the lights were too bright and giving them headaches etc., I would dim the lights until they were no longer too bright. Most certainly. Every light is on a dimmer to allow for adjustments.

If my game room ended up dark, so be it. Any game that has a significant number of LEDs is fitted with extra in game lighting to mitigate strobing. I play games in the dark as well. It really is game specific and dependent on how you LED your game(s).

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I just ordered my premium. I am psyched

And....you're now one step closer to owning my FT.

#134 5 years ago

Finally got my paws on the game tonight and was thoroughly impressed.
Very fun. Great speed and flow, fun ramps, lots of multi balls.
I even liked the music, considering the theme and the tone of the game.

Definitely surprised me!

#135 5 years ago

This game definitely took me by surprise. I'm not a car guy so the theme did nothing. And I wasn't blown away by the initial features. But this machine plays great. Fast game with some really cool rules. I think it's behind only AC/DC in my favorite recent Stern machines.

I've played mostly at a bar so haven't heard the music all that much but this is a really fun players machine. It's my go-to game when I'm out.

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Finally got my paws on the game tonight and was thoroughly impressed.
Very fun. Great speed and flow, fun ramps, lots of multi balls.
I even liked the music, considering the theme and the tone of the game.
Definitely surprised me!

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from sturner:

This game definitely took me by surprise. I'm not a car guy so the theme did nothing. And I wasn't blown away by the initial features. But this machine plays great. Fast game with some really cool rules. I think it's behind only AC/DC in my favorite recent Stern machines.
I've played mostly at a bar so haven't heard the music all that much but this is a really fun players machine. It's my go-to game when I'm out.

#138 5 years ago

Anyone else notice Steve Ritchie on the DMD driving one of the cars (during Police Pursuit I believe)?

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Anyone else notice Steve Ritchie on the DMD driving one of the cars (during Police Pursuit I believe)?

I'm really impressed with the dots on this and TWDLE (I know your not a fan RobT). I have a ColorDMD in TWD with the smooth effect and color changing tied to the speakers. Looks great.

#140 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I'm really impressed with the dots on this and TWDLE (I know your not a fan RobT). I have a ColorDMD in TWD with the smooth effect and color changing tied to the speakers. Looks great.

Hey, I'm actually a HUGE fan of the dots on TWD! Some of the best that I've ever seen.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside