(Topic ID: 115467)

Alright, Pinside, you just convinced me to get a Mustang LE!

By frolic

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 140 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RobT
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20141209_082614.jpg
IMG_20141209_082523.jpg
IMG_20150120_111601.jpg
IMG_1013.JPG
whiny.jpg
IMG_0989.JPG
IMG_0993.JPG
IMG_0998.JPG

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 9 years ago

I played one (a Pro) on route with my wife and was surprised how fun it was. Then the buzz continued to grow online from happy owners.

I was going to get a Premium, but the local distributor only had LEs so I decided what the hell and came home with it yesterday. I host my local pinball league and it will be the only one in league play, so it adds variety.

First impressions... AWESOME!! Really exciting game. I think it's right to call this game this years Iron Man and it will find its fans in time.

And I'm really happy with the LE bling. It's more like STLE than TWDLE (I have all 3). Back box flashers, metallic cabinet trim, built in shaker, nice blue powder, lit speaker grills.

Photos below of me, my son playing, and how it looks in its new home.

IMG_0989.JPGIMG_0989.JPG

IMG_0993.JPGIMG_0993.JPG

IMG_0998.JPGIMG_0998.JPG

#2 9 years ago

Great to hear. Enjoy.

#3 9 years ago

I love mine!

#4 9 years ago

gotta agree. always had fun playing the pro. can't wait to try the LE!

#5 9 years ago

Awesome! Sounds like Mustang has reached step #5 in the new game lifecycle on Pinside:

1. Announce
2. Hate
3. Accept
4. Play
5. Love

Rinse and repeat. Wrestlemania is currently at step #3, anxiously awaiting step #4

#6 9 years ago

Outstanding! Congratualtions!

#7 9 years ago

Nice!

#8 9 years ago

I'm giving pinball browser a whirl now to customize my "car radio" for my kind of driving music. Looking forward to giving it a spin.

#9 9 years ago

LOL - Maybe you should put some "Cars" music in it!

#10 9 years ago

If your happy, then that's awesome. I can't stand people who won't just play a game for themselves and decide if they like it versus just listening to online bashing. I applaud you getting a game that isn't highly received and that your enjoying it. I think I would enjoy mustang more if I did change the music out on it as well. The sound track just kinda killed my mood when playing it. If I ever bring one into my house from the route, I'll be attempting to change the music. Nice looking lineup frolic.

#11 9 years ago

I need to give Mustang another chance. I was STOKED about the theme, but played on early code and it just didn't do it for me.

#12 9 years ago

Played a LE at the Chicago expo and was very impressed. Super nice game.

#13 9 years ago

Enjoy,like I said earlier ,the game is just a bottle rocket and a ton of fun..

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from inhomearcades:

I think I would enjoy mustang more if I did change the music out on it as well. The sound track just kinda killed my mood when playing it.

I don't think I would have bought it if stuck with the stock music. The game is about nostalgia, but those songs aren't nostalgic for me, and personally I find annoying, so I put ones that are more for me and now I play the game with a smile on my face .

#15 9 years ago

Does the LE add any gameplay differences over the pro?

#16 9 years ago

Even without swapping in files you can avoid the songs you don't like. When the ball is trapped in the pocket you get to choose which mode you want to start by pressing the right flipper button and stepping through any remaining unplayed options and once the mode is chosen you then can press the left flipper button and step through the various song choices (including songs you've already heard with another mode) and select one you'd like to have play. You do have to select the mode first, because changing modes will change the song along with it.

Quoted from frolic:

The game is about nostalgia, but those songs aren't nostalgic for me.

I would also prefer a bunch of old car songs instead of the range of music they selected, but their intent was to have songs from a variety of decades because the game stresses 50 years of Mustang.

Quoted from SunKing:

I was STOKED about the theme but played with early code and it just didn't do it for me.

Version 1.40 incorporates the Mystery Car insert and other features and makes the game really fun.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I would also prefer a bunch of old car songs instead of the range of music they selected, but their intent was to have songs from a variety of decades because the game stresses 50 years of Mustang.

I do think the music selection does accomplish what they wanted. the 50 years thing, and the premium/LEs have double the music, so there's that.

But if I bought a used car from someone and they left a CD in it, I'd be putting my own CD in, so I'm glad to have the pinball browser to make that possible. .

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Does the LE add any gameplay differences over the pro?

Main things I've spotted:

-cross over ramp
-hazard drop targets (2)
-"turbo" button on the lockdown bar. Its been lit, I've pressed it, something happened, but don't quite understand it yet, but I'm guessing it is like VIP pass where you get to decide when it would help you.
-the rotating car lights up letters, don't quite understand the rules for this yet
-8 songs in jukebox instead of 4
-color changing arrow inserts

#19 9 years ago

You will love the LE. I have owned the game for months now. The 1.40 code update is amazing. Enjoy the game. It is fast and fun.

#20 9 years ago

Interesting, I have no problem with the theme especially with little grandkids playing in the basement.

I tried to play one at Game works and it was set on 2 minute race I evern tried the local Ford dealer.

Most likely have to travle to Headquateers to try one. My brother is a big Mustang guy and races them. If it works out I canmaybe trade for his TZ.

#21 9 years ago

Never played one, so looking forward to giving this one a shot on Monday!

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I played one (a Pro) on route with my wife and was surprised how fun it was. Then the buzz continued to grow online from happy owners.
I was going to get a Premium, but the local distributor only had LEs so I decided what the hell and came home with it yesterday. I host my local pinball league and it will be the only one in league play, so it adds variety.
First impressions... AWESOME!! Really exciting game. I think it's right to call this game this years Iron Man and it will find its fans in time.
And I'm really happy with the LE bling. It's more like STLE than TWDLE (I have all 3). Back box flashers, metallic cabinet trim, built in shaker, nice blue powder, lit speaker grills.
Photos below of me, my son playing, and how it looks in its new home.

IMG_0998.JPG 148 KB

IMG_0993.JPG 145 KB

IMG_0989.JPG 170 KB

Congrats, I could only afford the Pro but I love it just the same. This is the second "Mustang" I bought new but I didn't order this one and have to wait 5 months to get it. Mirror blades are a must on this game. Have a blast.

#23 9 years ago

Congrats - you will love it - I have a premium and its just a flat out fun game to play, different and unique layout than most and very fast! I have had almost all of the recent new sterns and this one I chose to keep after most all are long gone. Its been a great complement to acdc. Have fun and experiment with different songs via the pinball browser!

#24 9 years ago

I rarely haven't played a pin that I didn't like something about it, regardless of the theme. I originally had no thought in getting a MET pin because I wasn't a fan of the music, but now the pin is on my wish list. I would definitely play a Ford pin in the wild. Congratulations!

#25 9 years ago

Was there a drinking contest I wasn't aware of?

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Alright, Pinside, you just convinced me to get a Mustang LE!

The Pinside in this universe? Really?

(If you are happy, congrats!)

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I don't understand the "turbo" button on the lockdown bar.

Lockdown bar button functions:

The ball gets held in the pocket after completing a mode, allowing you to step though the remaining available modes with the right flipper to choose the next mode you want to play (unless the game won't let you start another mode because you are in Upgrade Scoring or some other special mode) and then step through available songs with the left flipper to choose which song you want to listen to during the mode you have selected. Pressing the button on the lockdown bar locks in your choices, starts the animations for the beginning of the mode and then kicks the ball out to resume play. (Note that the Police Pursuit and Stunt Driver modes have dedicated music that accompanies them and do not allow for selecting any of the other songs if you select either of those modes.)

If the ball is in the shooter lane you can again use the right flipper button to select a mode (other than completed modes) to play and then use the left flipper button to select a song to play. Pressing the button on the lockdown bar would then launch the ball and begin the mode you have selected. But you do NOT want to use the loackdown bar button for this purpose! Instead you always will want to launch the ball with the plunger to try to make the skill shot at the top right of the playfield. Each skill shot made awards one Power Shift.

Any Power Shifts earned (with skill shots or by completing certain modes) can be used to make a lit shot during a mode (reacts just like the ball actually hit the lit target and proceeds to light the next target in that mode) by pressing the button on the lockdown bar. This is the best use of that button, and is especially useful when you just need to make one more shot to complete a mode and the lit target is had to hit or hitting it often results in a drain that you don't want to risk.

The button on the lockdown bar will light in different colors depending on if you need to press it to lock in and start a selected mode and song or if you have Power Shifts earned which are available for use during a mode.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Any Power Shifts earned (with skill shots or by completing certain modes) can be used to make a lit shot during a mode (reacts just like the ball actually hit the lit target and proceeds to light the next target in that mode) by pressing the button on the lockdown bar. This is the best use of that button, and is especially useful when you just need to make one more shot to complete a mode and the lit target is had to hit or hitting it often results in a drain that you don't want to risk.

So exactly like ACDC then, which is awesome. The game feels a little like ACDC in that it gives the player a ton of choice and variety, and a lot of risk/reward.

Thanks for the post.

#29 9 years ago

Some video of my custom Mustang soundtrack.

Featuring electronica from my DJ days, beastie boys and kill bill sound track.

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Any chance you would upload it to a spot on the cloud to share. I promise I won't turn you in for copyright infringement.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

» YouTube video

Sabotage is an awesome add, pretty tough to play pinball and film at the same time eh, lol... Thanks for sharing!!!!

#32 9 years ago

Better video of the SABOTAGE mod:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZEt-wNcO6xY

#33 9 years ago

Really nice job on vid #2 Frolic! Mustang LE or Pre plus PB Browser to customize music could be a seriously wicked pin!

#34 9 years ago

When did people decide car themes sucked? That's what I don't get. And yet with the exception of the The Getaway, most people couldn't care less about games like Corvette and Nascar and Viper and Checkpoint. I can't speak for Checkpoint, but those other games are all decent, with Corvette and NASCAR worthy of some genuine appreciation.

I've been playing my NASCAR all morning and the theme is actually really fun, with all the modes celebrating what a day at the track is all about. When I play Mustang (only the pro) on route it's a lot harder to concentrate and the sites and sounds on what's really happening so all I have there is FUN gameplay and real feeling of excitement throughout the game. If the the theme is actually well integrated into the gameplay I could totally see an LE or Premium in my collection someday. But I'd want one at a discount, and with the short supply, that may never happen. I do have a cherry GNR and a HUO FT that I might trade for one however.

Really glad to see people enjoying their games!

#35 9 years ago

Oh nice! Yea...my future Mustang will need some Sabotage. Great choice!

#36 9 years ago

Okay I am convinced going to pick up one of these, i thought that the LE had a blue older mustang not a Yellow one?

#37 9 years ago

Dunno, I've got yellow. From what I've seen there are different toys on a bunch of machines.

I thought enough of the game to buy it, but having spent some time with it now, it is shockingly good.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Okay I am convinced going to pick up one of these, i thought that the LE had a blue older mustang not a Yellow one?

The cars are installed randomly. Stern uses the Maisto die cast Mustangs. The M3 die cast are suppose to fit, but other Pinsiders have said that the M3 cars do not fit.

#39 9 years ago

Dig the sabotage sound track. Goes well with the game. Should put a little more of the lyrics in and if there is a way to do the last few notes of the song when you lose the ball.

#40 9 years ago

Looks good!

#41 9 years ago

congratulations on your purchase!

#42 9 years ago

All this recent interest has me rethinking about buying one of these.... Hmmm

#43 9 years ago

I think this game will gain some popularity over time. The custom music option cannot be overstated. We will get to a point where we can share the pre-cut songs so those less savvy with the editing can simply insert them using the pinball browser. I have already done this with one Pinsider.

I must also applaud Stern for recently making titles so varied. You can't much farther apart then ST, Mustang, TWD and WWE. I own the first two and am passing on the second two. Thats a long enough cycle for these games to grow on someone.

If they do Guardians, it's on like Donkey Kong with the 80's music!

#44 9 years ago

Here's my 2 bit review, from playing 100 games or so:

-Software seems "done". I don't see any glaring problems or anything missing at all.

-The game is very fast, short ball times. There are 6 selectable modes, a mini wizard and a final wizard. In that sense it reminds me of Tron, with Sea of Simulation an attainable mini wizard mode.

-The modes are all unique. Each has their own story line, characters, dots and achievements.

-For a tournament style game, this game is tremendous. A lot of choice for the player, stacking opportunities, and risk/reward.

-The LE/premium features are nice. The "vip pass" turbo boost works just like acdc. You earn them from skill shots, as well as the drop target hazards that pop up after you finish a mode. Nicely integrated.

-Light show is tremendous. I think on the Pro as well the strobing and such is intense. The LE adds color changing target lights depending on the mode.

-One of my early criticisms of the game was a lack of apparent toys, but the rotating car with the featured letter is fun, and that set of gear shift drop targets works really well in the middle.

-The triple ramp is cool. 1 ramp, 4 possible outcomes.

-Changing the music was easy, and I would say elevates the game tremendously. Again, if you are stuck on the theme, by putting in your own music you can make it a more generic racing game.

-It totally succeeds as a car based pin. Totally captures the fun of racing.

Give it a second look, especially with latest software (1.4) if you dismissed it early on.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Give it a second look, especially with latest software (1.4) if you dismissed it early on

It does sound fun. I will certainly be giving it another look.

#46 9 years ago

Just confirmed Mustang has 6 multiballs.

Drag Race MB - this one is a gimme for newbs
Gear Shift MB - this is the one you can build to 6th gear and 6 balls
MUSTANG MB - Collect all letters to start
Upgrade MB - Not sure of this exactly, has to do with upgrading your car
Burnout MB - This is from hitting "donut time" captive ball
Stampede MB - This is a wizard mode

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Just confirmed Mustang has 6 multiballs.
Drag Race MB - this one is a gimme for newbsGear Shift MB - this is the one you can build to 6th gear and 6 ballsMUSTANG MB - Collect all letters to startUpgrade MB - Not sure of this exactly, has to do with upgrading your carBurnout MB - This is from hitting "donut time" captive ballStampede MB - This is a wizard mode

Oooh...nice! I'm wanting this machine more and more. Anyone know how much stacking is possible? I like stacking multiballs....

Someone please trade me a Boss or LE for my Star Trek prem!

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Here's my 2 bit review, from playing 100 games or so:
-Software seems "done". I don't see any glaring problems or anything missing at all.
-The game is very fast, short ball times. There are 6 selectable modes, a mini wizard and a final wizard. In that sense it reminds me of Tron, with Sea of Simulation an attainable mini wizard mode.
-The modes are all unique. Each has their own story line, characters, dots and achievements.
-For a tournament style game, this game is tremendous. A lot of choice for the player, stacking opportunities, and risk/reward.
-The LE/premium features are nice. The "vip pass" turbo boost works just like acdc. You earn them from skill shots, as well as the drop target hazards that pop up after you finish a mode. Nicely integrated.
-Light show is tremendous. I think on the Pro as well the strobing and such is intense. The LE adds color changing target lights depending on the mode.
-One of my early criticisms of the game was a lack of apparent toys, but the rotating car with the featured letter is fun, and that set of gear shift drop targets works really well in the middle.
-The triple ramp is cool. 1 ramp, 4 possible outcomes.
-Changing the music was easy, and I would say elevates the game tremendously. Again, if you are stuck on the theme, by putting in your own music you can make it a more generic racing game.
-It totally succeeds as a car based pin. Totally captures the fun of racing.
Give it a second look, especially with latest software (1.4) if you dismissed it early on.

Very nice review thanks. Many people have said the game is basicly finished as far as code goes and I just wondered how Stern accomplished it that fast for as long as the game has been out. Could it be because they told Ford it would be a "finished" game in "X" amount of time. Just look at how long Star Trek has been out and people are still bitching about the code still not done. It really makes me wonder sometimes.

#49 9 years ago

Who did the code for Mustang?

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I'm giving pinball browser a whirl now to customize my "car radio" for my kind of driving music.

My biggest gripe with the game - thankfully it can be changed.
Congrats on your new game! Sweet lineup!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alright-pinside-you-just-convinced-me-to-get-a-mustang-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.