Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151031_175612.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
166220-i.jpg
166219-i.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevenp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago

WOZ is a ton of fun, and challenging all over the extensive playfield. And, when set up properly, it is fast as hell and pretty lively. But, mine did not come with an Outland minivan.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

I don't get this reference? Fill me in please

See the OP above.

Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

The videos I've seen it looked plenty lively, I'll bet not being as "fast" as other machines saves some wear and year on plastics, ramps, and basically the whole machine.

The ball moves just as fast as on any new game. (It would easily be FASTER if I cranked the coil strengths up, which I do not want to do because I don't want to break plastics.) Slingshots, pops, flippers move the ball around just as fast as any recent Stern game does. (Then again, the flippers and slings on my GTB Gold Strike EM do as well.)

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

What, are you serious? I remember reading this idea in the proposed "pinball gremlins" game, but had no idea woz did this. That soooo cool!

If you're referring to the reversed-flipper mode, it's now programmed as the last (5th) crystal ball mode (after lights out, lights on, weak flipper, and no-hold flipper). I've had reversed flippers with a stacked multiball and it was pretty insane!

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What do you mean "Skill stop"?

When the ball is in the pops, you can (when a Haunted Forest mode is ready, maybe all the time?) hit both flipper buttons to 'kill' the pops and let the ball drop into the crystal ball vuk, starting the Haunted mode. Yet another great, subtle touch in this game.

#237 9 years ago

As noted earlier, the upper right flipper has several unique shots. You can only make the 3 skill shots (witch, pops skill, crystal ball) from the UR flipper. (Skill times out before the ball can get to the lower flippers.) You need the UR flipper to melt the witch. And, you only need one witch hit to start or end the witch hurryup from the UR flipper; it takes 2 hits from a lower flipper to do either. Also, it is handy to direct a lost twister ball to the bottom left flipper for a shot back up the ramp.

As for TZ vs WOZ, some people have it exactly backwards IMO. I never enjoyed TZ in 20 years of playing it. I find WOZ to be a lot of fun. TZ doesn't hold a candle to it in terms of strategy/coherence, although they do share a largely-obstructed widebody playfield. And anybody who complains about WOZ outlanes and finds the TZ left side bearable, well, they think differently than I do!

Haven't played a really good WOZ on location in NYC, ever. And I've played all 4 of them. As some have noted, there's a world of difference in a dialed-in home game. Mine plays nothing like any local location WOZ, and by that I mean much, much better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.95
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,000.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevenp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alright-lets-be-honest-is-woz-fun?tu=stevenp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.