Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151031_175612.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
166220-i.jpg
166219-i.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-pat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Until today, I have had zero attraction to WOZ. The movie was long before my time, and the on screen witch seemed a little contrived in the short clips I watched. However, today, I spent some more time and watched a video shot by John from John's arcade and I was floored. I love the Outland minigames(edit) to earn your ball back, the LEDs are astounding and change the mood. All the toys look fun. Real wood as the Apron, true luxury materials. This game looks amazing... I know I am late to the party on this discussion. It seemed lots of people wrote it off as boring and slow. But, isn't that kind of the beauty of it? The stop and go play? Can I get some more honest opinions from owners. I've read the archive posts already, just want to hear more...

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

I love mine , haven't touched my SM since and it might be on kijiji soon

How long have you had it?

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

WOZ is a ton of fun, and challenging all over the extensive playfield. And, when set up properly, it is fast as hell and pretty lively. But, mine did not come with an Outland minivan.

I don't get this reference? Fill me in please

#9 9 years ago

Yeah, it is pretty pricey. I see getting one anytime in the near future being a bit of a trick. I got my foot in the door of the hobby picking up a non working t2, and fixing it on my dime. If I put away 40 bucks a week, and sold my t2 I'd realistically be 2 years away from one... Sigh.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

WOZ is a ton of fun, and challenging all over the extensive playfield. And, when set up properly, it is fast as hell and pretty lively. But, mine did not come with an Outland minivan.

The videos I've seen it looked plenty lively, I'll bet not being as "fast" as other machines saves some wear and year on plastics, ramps, and basically the whole machine.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's the greatest pinball machine ever made in my opinion. Tons to do, extremely deep code, amazing art and sound and an overall blast to play. I'll never get rid of mine.

Yeah, the thing that has really grabbed me so far is the sound. Reminds me a lot of modern flashy Vegas slot machines. (In a good way) The chimes and slingshot sounds. Really like no other machine I've ever heard.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

I have had the chance to play it a bunch. I have to say at first I thought it looked amazing. But now I can't bring myself to play it.
It has lots to do. But I find it a lot slower than newer Sterns or some Williams pins.
Im not a fan of the theme either. It just doesnt make me want to play just one more time like other pins do.
So as it stands now I don't ever see myself owning one.
Don't get me wrong, it is a good game.
I feel the same about TZ, and TSPP.

Is there a place you play it on route? It it kept up properly?

#36 9 years ago

Seems like the majority of the negative feedback was when Jjp appeared to be facing some hurdles getting their games built. Hope hobbit is amazing and a bunch of these have to "compete" in the used market. Too early to say, but woz almost looks like more machine than the hobbit. I know, not totally fair to say...

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So many cool touches...the witch appearing in the crystal ball and switching which flipper the flipper buttons operate?

What, are you serious? I remember reading this idea in the proposed "pinball gremlins" game, but had no idea woz did this. That soooo cool!

#46 9 years ago

I don't remember where I read it, but one pinhead said that the hobbit didn't look like "it's own world under the glass" the same way Woz does. That really made a lot of sense to me. Looking into the woz table, It does really look like one world. Hobbit (although early) looks like a steel ramp, two battle axes and a pair of whack a moles. I don't feel like it's all tied together quite the same. That said, its going to play like a rocket ship.

#50 9 years ago

Thanks for the contributions guys, I've learned a bunch more about this pin that no ones videos had posted yet.. The crystal ball flipper modes sound fun. I think it's solved, you may not love the theme, but YES, Woz is fun!

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from marvinmax:

IMHO Best game ever made. In build quality and bang for your buck not comparable to any stern, it's in a league of it's own.
Have my Wozecle for two months and now I understand most of the rules, love it even more. To learn the rules I played a couple of games with the glass off, that really helped me in understanding the game. Like said before, a lot of info on what to do next is on the lcd screen, use that instant info! It's rulesset is deep ans extremely challenging, getting to 'somewhere over the rainbow' is impossible for a lot of players (without cheating , melting the witch is achievable a lot of fun to play and very satisfying if you succeed. The modes all feel / are different from each other, you never have the feeling you're doing the same thing. I also own a Stern Star Trek le, where al modes are more or less are the same. Still like that game a lot, fun and fast, but for me miles away from the build quality and ruleset of woz
As with all pinball games you like it or you don't. There's no accounting for taste...... If you read through this and other WOZ post(s), most people who own a WOZ love it, some don't and sold it. I love my wozecle and can't imagine selling it any time soon.
Just curious Pinball-Pat, are you planning to buy one in the future?

Yes I am, but still have some saving to do. Maybe around the time the new pat lawlor game comes out. Some woz's should be available, and I will have socked away a few extra bucks

9 months later
#413 8 years ago

Finally got my WOZ. Picked it up used last week and I couldn't be happier! This game is amazing. I love it all. My boy loves it too. Not even three and he can't get enough. Great game, and I look forward to more from JJP. Love the crystal ball modes.

#414 8 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpeg

2 years later
#493 5 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

I sold mine a while back. It's the only game I ever sold that I regret selling. I have actually thought about getting another one some day.

I sold mine too, and regretted it. I purchased a GB pro with the cash and immediately knew I'd made a mistake. I later traded for a Hobbit which I kept for two years. A few weeks ago I finally got the chance to trade for a Ruby Red WOZ which was basically knew. All feels right in the universe again, I still love this game, maybe my favorite ever, and YES WOZ is Fun!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 91.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
$ 5.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-pat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alright-lets-be-honest-is-woz-fun?tu=pinball-pat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.