Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151031_175612.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
166220-i.jpg
166219-i.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#198 9 years ago

answer to the subject line.

No.

Normally I like cluttered games with stop and go action. I cannot get into this game. The shots it does have are unsatisfying. the munchkin land playfield is just boring. best part of the whole game is the witches castle mini playfield. Just to much surface area I think. Theme isn't the greatest either. Good first attempt tho. Ignited the color changing LED inserts which is nice in lots of games. Display is ok, but I feel it isn't used as well as it could have. Hoping hobbit is more fun. From what i've played so far, it's not either. But in all fairness, there have been a lot of changes since I played the very early proto.

#239 9 years ago

to say WOZ is the best ever. You can't at this point. It's still to new. It's in the honeymoon stage. My AC/DC is older than WOZ and I still can't say it's best ever. I like it, but it takes about 5 years before the honeymoon stage is over and it starts to settle in where it really belongs. Time is the true test of a good game.

#243 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You know...I can agree with this. Let's re-evaluate in another 3-4 years.

I agree. Look at CV. Took 10 years before that game got any love at all. Some games get lots of love early on and die out (avengers/xmen). Some don't get any love in the beginning and becomes diamonds in the rough years down the road (CFTBL, AFM, WH20)

#286 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

than argue about stupid shit and opinions...which are just opinions and shouldn't be argued about at all! My bad.

To each his own. I live for that shit.

#289 9 years ago

I don't get worked up when I argue. Most of the time i'm making myself laugh anyway. If anything it lowers my blood pressure, which is low to begin with.

#292 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your guests prefer two of your worst games, apparently.
You need better guests.

since he doesn't list his collection, i'll just assume these are the only 2 games he has. hence the preference.

#304 9 years ago

I don't think you understand what bang for your buck means, because I could list about 50 games that are better bang dollar for dollar.

1 week later
#338 9 years ago

I don't know why you guys are bitching about TZ. If you're going to pick on game that seems to be well liked but a cheap piece of shit. Pick on AFM. The econoline flagship of the B/W era. No game is made more cheaply and have less shit on it, than that game. It's like they looked around the warehouse and saw all the extra parts they had sitting around, and slapped a game together to clear out common part material.

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm trying to figure out how more crap on AFM would somehow make it a better game, and I'm drawing a blank.
Sometimes less is more bro.

I'm not saying it would be better. I'm just saying that out of all the B/W titles. AFM looks cheap. First time i've ever seen AFM. It was in a lineup of 5 games. Out of all the 5, I looked at it, and walked right by. Compared to , TOM, Sopranos, TSPP, MB, it looked very cheap. Kind of like RS looks in sterns lineup.

Even with more shit on it, the rules are still written for a 5 year old and still wouldn't like it. Because MB has the same rules and layout, and has a ton of shit on it, and still don't like it.

#396 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Same guy whining about AFM also loves TFLE with all the crap that is on that game. Wonder which one most people think it fun.

Which one has rules written for a 5 year old and which one doesn't? Which one looks like an empty playfield with nothing on it and which was actually looks like some thought was put into it?

#397 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The general rule "aim for the blinky thing" has served pinball really well for 60 years.
Not sure why they abandoned it on this one, especially considering how complicated it is.
Maybe the same committee that decided that another 60-year crowd-pleaser - general illumination lighting - wasn't necessary for this table.
Well, it certainly is unique.

If this isn't the damn truth to a tee. When everything is lit up, nothing is lit up.

#401 9 years ago

I don't mind color, but when the whole damn playfield is lit, it's a little hard to know what you're shooting at. And if everything is a shot and does something, then might as well just shoot all over the place.

#411 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Better get used to it...all games will go this direction including stern soon enough too. Color is where it's at. By the way, the whole playfield isn't lit. Admittedly it was in earlier versions of code, but not now.

I have played more earlier code than new code, so i'll give it a second look and see if the light patterns, are more directly related to areas to shoot for.

I don't hate WOZ. Never did. But I don't love it either. It's a MEH game. If I had room for 50 games, I probably would not still own it. Room for 100, and it would be in my collection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

13,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 24.50
$ 16.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alright-lets-be-honest-is-woz-fun?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.