Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20151031_175612.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
166220-i.jpg
166219-i.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 9 years ago

WOZ is flat out amazing. I've owned mine for 4 or 5 months now...incredible game. Down right evil in its play. Love it. Those who dismiss it on theme alone are completely missing out. So many cool touches...the witch appearing in the crystal ball and switching which flipper the flipper buttons operate? Yup...lots of stuff like that.

It's A+

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

What, are you serious? I remember reading this idea in the proposed "pinball gremlins" game, but had no idea woz did this. That soooo cool!

Yes, the witch will appear in the crystal ball and cast a spell...She'll turn the lights off on the game...turn all the lights on...she'll switch flippers (which is what I described) and she'll also create "weak flippers" which essentially doesn't allow you to hold the flipper stroke up (it immediately falls down).

These are the kind of touches that are found all over the game.

Telling you....the game is great

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I have a friend (with ~80 pins) who absolutely hates WOZ, so I always torture him by challenging him to a game on WOZ when he comes over. He reluctantly does play after bitching a bunch, but absolutely will not play the outlane modes. He simply walks away and lets the ball go.

I'm sorry... (and John_I this is in no way meant to be offensive to you)...but the mental image this creates is pretty damn funny.

I had no idea those outlines were so polarizing. On the left side, you can turn down the strength of the pop bumper so it is weak (and won't hit all the targets)...on the right...it's such a limited ball save time limit...I think it's doable.

3 weeks later
#371 9 years ago
Quoted from Law:

This. So much this.
I've played the game somewhere around 70-80 times at this point, and every time I start something I've not seen several times before all I can say is "The heck do I do now?". It probably took me five-six games before I got any sort of inkling on what was going on with the multiball rollovers or what I'd done to qualify a lock on the ramp. At least the ramp lock insert is well positioned and self-explanatory. I've never encountered a game before where I could not figure out what the heck was going on MOST OF THE TIME.
On top of that, the lights on and lights off BALL modes (arguably the easiest thing to figure out how to start on the table) are designed to remove your ability to follow what your current objectives are. Annoys the heck out of me.

Wonder what code you were playing at the shows...the early code was certainly confusing...the most recent, really isn't.

#388 9 years ago
Quoted from Law:

I may have played it at TPF once. The rest of the games were on the two ECLEs on route in my area. No idea what code version but the operator usually updates their machines soon-ish after an update is out.

That could be it...first time I played WOZ I walked away wondering what just happened. But the most recent iteration of code is flat-out awesome

#389 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Try explaining the ____ rules to someone.

For the average non-pinhead, it's "fill in the blank"

8 months later
#441 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So if I'm being honest, which is the title of this thread, then no, WOZ is not fun. Took four locations to find a working WOZ and once I finally did play it (this past thanksgiving weekend), it was very underwhelming.
Gameplay was ridiculously slow and even though I liked what I've seen from the LCD screen in pictures and videos, the implementation just did not work for me and looked extremely goofy as a player.
Now this was a location WOZ, so take that as you will but the TRON and DINER sitting next to it played great. Maybe I just don't like slow tables anymore; and Keith is my favorite programmer so a lack of understanding the rules is understood on my part.
But the lighting, GI especially, was horrible and dark. Even though it had color changing inserts, the lighting was very underwhelming. It makes me wonder if something was wrong with the machine for it to be that dark. So that coupled with the slow gameplay and overly large poorly implementation LCD screen just did not give me a fun experience nor did I have any desire to continue playing but did anyhow to give it a chance and see what I was missing...but couldn't find anything, it was simply not fun.
But like I said, I'll reserve final judgement til I play other WOZs and/or a huo one. These are just my initial feelings after finally finding a working WOZ on location which took 1-2 years and 4 locations to find.

Sample size of 1 is no good... my WOZ is fast. Game is wickedly evil in play

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 24.50
$ 91.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alright-lets-be-honest-is-woz-fun?tu=27dnast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.