(Topic ID: 148247)

Already have MET Premium, want to add another pin- HELP!

By kpg

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by sepins
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which pin to compliment MET PREM, TWD or ST?”

• The Walking Dead Premium 26 votes
    51%
  • Star Trek Premium 25 votes
    49%

(51 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 8 years ago

I already have a MET Premium that we got for Christmas, and the addiction is starting- we are now looking to add another pin to the mix.

I have two kids, ages 5 & 7, and am contemplating TWD and ST- both Premium versions. I am a huge fan of TWD show itself, along with Star Trek - so both themes are a great fit for me. I think I like TWD theme better, but ST might be a better fit for the family.

Besides family / themes- what is the BEST game though? Something that can compliment METALLICA. We LOVE this game and want one that will be a great fit so we can bounce between them, and add a TZ later for a max total of 3 pins due to space limitations.

What do you think? TWD or ST Premiums??

#2 8 years ago

Star Trek is fun, colorful, rewarding, and has both easy to understand challenges and some deeper play. ST all the way for a family pin.

#3 8 years ago

St premium all the way. I was not too fond of the TWD gameplay and Star Trek is a great compliment to Metallica. I have an ST premium and it is a great game.

#4 8 years ago

ST for family. To me TWD is similar to Met, so in a small collection would be better off with ST.

I have a TZ next to Met Prem and jump between the two a lot.

Have you thought about a Woz, very family friendly.

#5 8 years ago

ST definitely better for kids.

#6 8 years ago

Thanks for your feedback !! Definitely leaning towards ST at the moment. Something about that laser light show and the sound effects that is making it seem more exciting than TWD...

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

St premium all the way. I was not too fond of the TWD gameplay and Star Trek is a great compliment to Metallica. I have an ST premium and it is a great game.

Between ST and MET, which one do you find yourself gravitating towards more, including guests?? I just didn't want to get a game that would seem boring and not as interesting next to MET because its so good, mostly because I won't have a large selection. I want a game I can bounce between that and MET and find them both equally is good for different reasons.

#8 8 years ago

Easily TWD premium. Very different layout than Met and equal, if not better gameplay.

#9 8 years ago

Between TWD, Met, and ST I don't think you can go wrong, but I would think TWD is a little dark/gory for most families - there are heads getting blown off with shotguns on the DMD, for example. ST would be a great complement to Metallica.

#10 8 years ago

Star trek for sure (or iron man)

#11 8 years ago

ST for sure. Longer ball times to balance out MET, very fast with buttery ramps and deep rules and theme that is enjoyed by anyone 5-75 years old.

#12 8 years ago

ST Premium has a great light show.

#13 8 years ago

Own both MET premium and TWD premium. I would choose TWD premium by a fairly wide margin. I have two young sons as well (a bit older than yours); and they love TWD- it's become their favorite pin. The zombie theme isn't an issue for either or any of their friends. They've both also played ST and find the shots a bit repetitive.
For longer term ownership, TWD is the way to go.

#14 8 years ago

Go play both and then buy what YOU like the most. Isn't it tremendously unlikely your kids, ages 5 and 7, are going to dislike any modern pinball machine you put in front of them?

Avoid the one you will grow tired of in the home environment.

#15 8 years ago

TWD is a great, but tough pin. Lots of gore. Better code than ST. I'd favor ST for your situation.

If you're open to non-NIB, LOTR and SM are excellent.

Most family-friendly and still pretty good pins are Shrek and Pirates.

#16 8 years ago

Great replies- as soon as I sway to ST, then someone like JMK nudges me a bit back to TWD. My wife has seen videos of both and said I am crazy to go with TWD over ST based on the sounds/lighting alone - she actually said "just buy both and sell the one you don't like" .. problem is, I might want to keep both! Tough decisions for sure...

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Great replies- as soon as I sway to ST, then someone like JMK nudges me a bit back to TWD. My wife has seen videos of both and said I am crazy to go with TWD over ST based on the sounds/lighting alone - she actually said "just buy both and sell the one you don't like" .. problem is, I might want to keep both! Tough decisions for sure...

In that case, if you can afford both I say just get both. With a 3-pin collection, you'll most likely be changing your lineup fairly often. You'll find that even great pins can get stale after a year or two in a small lineup and almost nothing will be permanent. There's really no need to agonize.

In a year from now, or whenever, you can sell or trade the one getting played the least for that Twilight Zone.

#18 8 years ago

Your wife sounds very wise .You are a Lucky Man indeed.

#19 8 years ago

I have MoPLE,TWDLE, and STLE.

You can take away my other 7 pins and leave Me with just these 3

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/already-have-met-premium-want-to-add-another-pin-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.