• Latest reply 7 years ago by Boatcat
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20251 (resized).jpg
53 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boatcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

I think it's a darn good player as well. It's kind of a cross between Apollo and Seven-Up, only better looking. Nice mix of 2 special objectives, 1 single game-long, the other multi-game cumulative. Nice placement of 2nd set of flips for the target and passive pops up top, translucent red special inserts mid-playfield which to me, always looks better.

Balls in the mid-playfield side rollovers are supposed to exit rolling free just underneath the kickout holes. They're not supposed to feed the ball into the holes. Try and refrain from bending the wire forms to direct the ball into the holes as shown in the database. I wish they did feed the ball to the holes when I was a kid playing on location, but knowing the game, realize the diminished challenge factor had this been the case.

Try color coordinated bulb sleeves if your backglass is showing pinholes, (common of this vintage). They do a good job of improving minor flaws such as these.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boatcat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alpine-club?tu=boatcat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.