(Topic ID: 276660)

Alpine Club, ball 4 then, Game over man!

By Heaterguy

9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 months ago

Strange problem appeared on my Alpine Club. Game starts normally and serves ball 1 game plays normally until the end of ball 4 and instead of going to ball 5, game over lights as ball release loads ball 5 to shooter lane, ending game. Switching from five ball to three ball the same thing happens at the end of Ball 2.

Removing the ball and manually tripping the switches, the game goes all the way from ball one to ball 5 to game over as it should but it's important to note when the ball is in the game and I try to play it normally, if the score motor is still running when ball 4 kicks the ball up into the trough and hits the trough switch, if the score motor is running it goes to game over. About one out of every five or six games it will play correctly with the ball in the game . Removing the ball and manually hitting the outhole switch and waiting till the score motor stops then hitting the trough switch it operates correctly from ball 1 to ball 5 and end of game. (Aslong as I wait for score motor to stop before manually tripping trough switch.)

Looking at the wiring diagram, outhole switch closes and sends power through score motor switch 1C, to ball count unit. If and only if the ball is on ball 5 the game over relay coil is energized ending game. I ohmed out the ball count unit ball 3 and ball 5 pads and verified it's not shorted out to ball 2 and 4, respectively, cleaned and adjusted the stepper a while back and everything operates correctly on the stepper. I've got about 16 to 20 hours in this thing and still can't figure it ou...t pretty frustrating!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside