(Topic ID: 305209)

Aloha!! Coming to Kauai? Please help fix my machines

By Thestrangebrewer

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2373 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1922 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1920 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1923 (resized).JPG
    #1 2 years ago

Aloha,

I have the only public Pinball machines on Kauai. they're located at Kauai island Brewing Co. in Port Allen (Eleele) I usually have 7 machines in the public area and 4 machines in storage, which I rotate ocassionally.

Currently, I'm having issues with Addams Family, Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure, and a problem with Wizard of Oz. I might be able to figure out WOZ.

I'd really appreciate any help or insite if you're on island and able to check them out. I can pay you with Quarters and Beer! .... Or with Cash.

Please get a hold of me if you're heading this way and have more than basic knowlege of fixing machines.

Thank you & hope to see you soon.

Dave (AKA Thestrangebrewer)

808-652-8287

IMG_1920 (resized).JPGIMG_1920 (resized).JPGIMG_1922 (resized).JPGIMG_1922 (resized).JPGIMG_1923 (resized).JPGIMG_1923 (resized).JPGIMG_2373 (resized).JPGIMG_2373 (resized).JPG
    #2 2 years ago

The good news is that you have a CFTBL and Fish Tails, that have similar boards to Addams Family (WPC89 DMD Fliptronics II). Which will make it easier to diagnose the problem, if it is a board or connector problem. I hope someone flies to your aid. I assume you have spares of certain wear parts, critical to any repair. I could not imagine flying with a tool box, VOM meter, logic probe, soldering iron, etc. to Hawaii in my suitcase.

#3 2 years ago

Good reason to take a business trip to Hawaii and fit some pinball in!

#4 2 years ago

Thanks @tophervette, I have all the basic repair tools and some spare parts. In these cases, I think it's harder for me to diagnose the problem than it is to fix it.

1 month later
    #5 2 years ago

Aloha,

I'm still looking for help with The Adams Family and Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure. If you're headed to Kauai and are able to help diagnose machines, please let me know. We have a handful of other machines that are working and playable at Kauai Island Brewing Co.

#6 2 years ago

My wife and I can be in a plane.
    I’ll need a nice hotel and a few drinks.

Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
    Http://chrishiblerpinball.com/contact
    http://www.PinWiki.com/ - The new place for pinball repair info

#7 2 years ago

^^^^^^^ this could actually be a good deal! Chris has done outstanding work for me in the past.

#8 2 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisHibler:

My wife and I can be in a plane.
    I’ll need a nice hotel and a few drinks.

Yup, quarters and beer isn't much motivation when most people are effectively spending over $200 / day just to be there. Why would you waste that valuable time to work on pins, lol.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aloha-coming-to-kauai-please-help-fix-my-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.