OK - I am going to try something different here since I've done quite a bit of trouble shooting on this problem thus far. Here is a list of things I know about the problem:
1) Score motor runs endlessly when you turn the machine on.
2) restart button WILL start a new game and the start up sequence runs as it should - resetting the score reels, relay bank and making the playfield live.
3) Unplugging the Jones plugs - either - they run to the playfield from the cabinet will stop the score motor - I even think it might be the orange/slate wire and/or the white/red wire to the other plug - they spark when I try to plug the plugs back in and the motor turns back on.
4) The only thing NOT working as it should on the playfield is the "Add 5 bonus Yellow" roll over switch. It scores points but does not score 5 bonus units (Red bonus roll over does work correctly).
5) I found some wires that came off the yellow bonus kicker relay (on playfield) and one that came off the add 5 bonus yellow relay in the cabinet. That was exciting! Maybe this would fix the problem - but it did not. The score motor continues to run.
I still suspect the kick out relay or the yellow add 5 bonus relay, but the switches appear gaped correctly on both. I do have a schematic, but frankly, these Gottlieb ones are hard to read. I'm going to dig into that later today, but willing to try anything at this point to make the motor stop.
FYI - I did take apart the playfield and clean it - wax it. Also, as I found bent swtiches (I mean really messed up) I would put them back to the way they should be, so I don't have a really clear mental picture of what I may have adjusted to cause this problem.
Larry in Memphis