Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by TomGWI
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

I got an acceptable offer on my Jokerz! and started getting seller's remorse so i called it off. It just seemed wrong to sell the machine that started both my playing career and buying/collecting career. Is there anyone else here that won't sell their first machine just because it's their first? I still like the game, too, so it's not like it goes unplayed. It just seemed wrong to me. What a stupid thread. Sorry.

#2 12 years ago

Yep, just can't let go of my BSD. I'm really too good at it, so I hardly play it, but who knows if it will ever leave.

#3 12 years ago

I can't imagine my LOTR ever leaving. Not only is it my first pin, but also my favorite as well. It isn't going anywhere.

#4 12 years ago

Funny you bring this up as I actually sold my "first" machine off this week as well as another. Until that moment I had never let one go. It does, however, provide an opportunity for more.more.more.

#5 12 years ago

I sold my TAF and regret it. Jokerz though?? Meh sell it and move on...

#6 12 years ago

it's true these machines almost become like family sometimes
    especially after you brought a pin that was dead on arrival
    back to 100% working -

#7 12 years ago

My first pin, EM machine. doesn't mean much to me, I'd happily take a reasonable offer.

My SS, got too much invested and will probably never sell it just based on the theme.

#8 12 years ago

I didn't have any problem selling the first pin I bought. I think it depends on the pin and the situation. I'd have more trouble giving up some of my other pins. The only one I really regret selling is DE SW.

#9 12 years ago

I didn't have any Prob- selling my 1st and 2nd and 3rd , they were EM's. After i got my 1st Solid State Pin HS ,, I was Really Hooked then.. I have seller's remorse for Certain Title's for about a day or 2.. I Really regret sell-n my Last DM.. I sold it due to me buy-n a Pin @ the Chicago Expo.. but No ,, Delta Stranded me in Detriot , so i came Home with a Blister on my AZZ and sore feet..

#10 12 years ago
    Quoted from ianwho:

Yep, just can't let go of my BSD. I'm really too good at it, so I hardly play it, but who knows if it will ever leave.

Amen on BSD ,, I Love mine.. When FH is Home and AFM is shop'd.. BSD is Next . It's Tyme !!

#11 12 years ago

I just sold the second pin I ever bought. It was very hard to let it go.

#12 12 years ago

My first pin was Flash cant see myself ever selling.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I can't imagine my LOTR ever leaving. Not only is it my first pin, but also my favorite as well. It isn't going anywhere.

I'm with you. LoTR is my first pin. I've had it for 5 years and still can't imagine selling it.

#14 12 years ago

I don't plan on ever letting go of my first, BOP. I've spent a ton of hours restoring the PF and making better than new not to mention the sentimental attachment. I even purchased a Pinbot just to keep her company, just need some time to fix him up to her standards.

#15 12 years ago

The first pin was easy as it was older and I didn't play it much anymore and I didn't have too much of a connection with it. The second, the Space Shuttle I restored, now that one might never leave.

#16 12 years ago

I know it's not a great pin but it just felt wrong selling it. I'm sure i'll change my mind about that.

#17 12 years ago

Bought my first pin 7 yrs ago, an Elvira and the Party Monsters. Not only will I never sell it, I am planning on doing my first attempt at a High end restore on her. Even though I'll have way more in it than I'd ever get out of it, it doesn't matter. There is only one "first pin" and I would never sell it.

#18 12 years ago

My TSPP isn't going anywhere.

#19 12 years ago

My first was an EM as well. Sold it for an upgrade. My Wife and kids love the other EM machine...I don't think I would ever sell it.

#20 12 years ago

My first pin was twilight zone and fun house. Sold fh, but do not think I could replace tz, unless it was an upgrade..

#21 12 years ago

Hard to upgrade TZ, just saying....TZ is keeper you cant let that go

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

What a stupid thread. Sorry.

Not at all man.

Radical! was my first and it's only been 6 months, but I can't see it going anywhere unless it goes to family or friends. (That way I can get it back if I want) I love the game and it is somewhat rare.

Plus, if I may have had a few too many beers to put up a decent score on my other games, I can usually wreck house on Radical!

#23 12 years ago

I sold a few of the pins I started with. I really haven't regretted selling a pin yet. If you really like Jokerz don't sell it. If you don't play it often and just hold onto it for sentimental value, get rid of it and get something you will play.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/almost-sold-the-first-pin-i-ever-bought and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.