Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by zene10
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 27 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SFZ_8515 copy (resized).JPG
02 White Water.jpg
2015-02-09 19.34.39.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image-471.jpg
image-90.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image-628.jpg
image-705.jpg
image.jpg
wwballdrop.jpg.jpg
Counterbored drop copy.jpg
balldrop.jpg
thumbs up.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Been working on this on and off for over a year.

The LEDs in the pops may be a little to much.

Waiting on a few more parts. Hope to be done in the next few weeks

image.jpg image-487.jpg image-982.jpg image-110.jpg image-577.jpg image-855.jpg image-511.jpg image-478.jpg
#3 4 years ago

Good job!

#4 4 years ago

The snow capped mountains are a nice touch... Looks Great!

#5 4 years ago

Looking good nutshell, the mountains turned out nice, did you end up doing them yourself?

#6 4 years ago

such a great looking game with chromed armor. Some day i have to do this to mine.

#7 4 years ago

Thanks guys.

Yea, I can't take credit for the mountains. A friend of mine who is a part time artist / painter did them. They look stunning in person I don't think the pics do it justice.

Doot - when did you touch up this pf a year ago feb / march? It still looks great!

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from nutshell79:

Doot - when did you touch up this pf a year ago feb / march? It still looks great!

Dont remember exactly but over a year ago for sure, glad you're finally getting it back together. Can't wait to play it and see it in person.

#9 4 years ago

That is one nice looking WH2O! Nice work!

#10 4 years ago

Chrome turned out really nice too. I used Z- plating. Had him do a few non standard parts too. Yes it's crazy!

image.jpg image-869.jpg image-929.jpg
#11 4 years ago
thumbs up.jpg
#12 4 years ago

Did you flame polish those ramps or are they just brand new? Really impressed with that shot of the whirlpool ramp. Wish mine looked like that. So crystal clear.

#13 4 years ago

Also very classy use of LED's. This game has such beautiful pf art and color. Never can understand why people put a rainbow of color (or all blue) in this game.

#14 4 years ago

The ramps were new on the game when I bought it well except for the upper to lower and sucide canyon, but the game was dirty so I did end up cleaning and flame polishing the new ramps

#15 4 years ago

And the LEDs I used were comet frosted in the gi. A mix between the natural and warm white. Only spot in the gi with color is the ice blue ones behind the river stand ups.

I did also put a few blue led strips one inside the whirlpool and one inside the lost mine kickout. Plus the purple one back behind the maze of ramps that reflects the light around that area. Kind of going back and forth to keep it or not. It is mainly lighting up the ramps and not much impact on the pf art

#16 4 years ago

Awesome work as usual!

#17 4 years ago

Looks great! (Other than blue whirlpool )

#18 4 years ago

Looks great Erik. Can't wait to come play it.

#19 4 years ago

Incredible machine , I hope to own a WhiteWater one day !!

Mike

#20 4 years ago

Of all the pins I have owned and like WH20 is still likely my favorite one.
A well done example looks stunning and is a LOT of fun to play.

I did some minor touch up and clear coat on mine and its a keeper. I did a mod while re-doing mine in the upper ball drop area on the upper PF. Some game develop a divot from the ball striking the wood and over time it gets worse. Mine was not horribly bad but a small divot was started.

balldrop.jpg

When I tore mine down I put a counter bore in the upper PF and turned and pressed in a Delrin insert where the ball drops. It has a 1/4" hole thru so it can be pressed out if needed. Now the ball drops on a material that does not dent or deform.

wwballdrop.jpg.jpg

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

When I tore mine down I put a counter bore in the upper PF and turned and pressed in a Delrin insert where the ball drops.

Oooh. Great idea. I may have to steal this idea, when I get around to tearing down my playfield again.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Oooh. Great idea. I may have to steal this idea, when I get around to tearing down my playfield again.

Steel ball bearings are hard on wood, even more brutal when dropped.
The VUK really launches the ball , it loops and drops pretty hard so any protection will help.

I clearcoated mine pretty heavy so the Delrin drop plug will save my clearcoat from damage at least there.

Cliffy makes something that covers the area completely but a machined "plug" is discrete.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Of all the pins I have owned and like WH20 is still likely my favorite one.
A well done example looks stunning and is a LOT of fun to play.
I did some minor touch up and clear coat on mine and its a keeper. The did a mod while re-doing mine in the upper ball drop area on the upper PF. Some game develop a divot from the ball striking the wood and over time it gets worse. Mine was not horribly bad but a small divot was started.
balldrop.jpg
When I tore mine down I put a counter bore in the upper PF and turned and pressed in a Delrin insert where the ball drops. It has a 1/4" hole thru so it can be pressed out if needed. Now the ball drops on a material that does not dent or deform.
wwballdrop.jpg.jpg

This is a great idea! When I shop this out in a few years going to have to do a mini restore on the mini pf.

Thanks for this idea.

#24 4 years ago

Looks great as always!

#26 4 years ago

Let me know when you want to sell

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from nutshell79:

Been working on this on and off for over a year.
The LEDs in the pops may be a little to much.
Waiting on a few more parts. Hope to be done in the next few weeks

image.jpg
image-487.jpg
image-982.jpg
image-110.jpg
image-577.jpg
image-855.jpg
image-511.jpg
image-478.jpg

WOW!!! You did a BEAUTIFUL job on it, LOVE the chrome and there aint nuttin better then the feel of a chrome lock bar.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Cliffy makes something that covers the area completely but a machined "plug" is discrete.

Right, I already have a cliffy on mine, and I had slapped some wood putty of some sort to fill in the divot before installing. I like your method better.

#29 4 years ago

I think I'm happy with the lighting now

image.jpg image-705.jpg image-628.jpg
#30 4 years ago

Should I get the Bigfoot spotlight mod? Worth it?

#31 4 years ago

And this is ready now too

image.jpg
#32 4 years ago

Looks awesome! Can't wait to see it in person.

#33 4 years ago

fantastic!

#34 4 years ago

New lockdown receiver installed last night. Playfield is in the game. Played a few games, still needs a few adjustments and it's really fast right now

image.jpg image-90.jpg image-471.jpg
#35 4 years ago

Under pf shot for Mccune

image.jpg
#36 4 years ago

One more full game

image.jpg
#37 4 years ago

Wow! That's a beauty! Great job!

#38 4 years ago

You keep getting better!

I wish I lived closer to you so we could hang out and work on pins together.

#39 4 years ago

Looks lovely.
My pops are lit up like yours.
I went a step further and lit up all the mountains.
It looks great.
The only thing was light washing out from under the mountains.I had to make "blinds" out of card to stop the light leaking.
Hard to photo.Donk know why the whirlpool looks so bright!its not.
Also note the missing mountain!
2015-02-09 19.34.39.jpg

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from urbanledge:

Looks lovely.
My pops are lit up like yours.
I went a step further and lit up all the mountains.
It looks great.
The only thing was light washing out from under the mountains.I had to make "blinds" out of card to stop the light leaking.
Hard to photo.Donk know why the whirlpool looks so bright!its not.
Also note the missing mountain!
2015-02-09 19.34.39.jpg

Thanks I was planning on lighting all the mountains but it washed out the snow.

I like the look of them lit up

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You keep getting better!
I wish I lived closer to you so we could hang out and work on pins together.

Anytime

Let me know the next time you are south of the boarder.

#42 4 years ago

wow. nicely done. thanks for sharing the pics.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from nutshell79:

Should I get the Bigfoot spotlight mod? Worth it?

I bought it and am very happy with it. Strongly recommend. I'm also not a big mod guy unless they add something (I will never understand all the trinkets and toys people add to games that do nothing..) spotlight adds a great effect as it is very dark in that area

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

I bought it and am very happy with it. Strongly recommend. I'm also not a big mod guy unless they add something (I will never understand all the trinkets and toys people add to games that do nothing..) spotlight adds a great effect as it is very dark in that area

Thanks I figured it was pretty cool. Ah what's another 100. Lol.

1 week later
#46 4 years ago
Quoted from nutshell79:

Thanks I was planning on lighting all the mountains but it washed out the snow.
I like the look of them lit up

Try an LED strip attached above the rear mountains lighting them from the top. It gives the effect of a sunrise/sunset. I tried that vs the lighting inside the rear mountains and prefer the lighting from above.

Also, I second the Bigfoot Spotlight Mod. Probably the best mod for the game.

See pic
02 White Water.jpg

3 years later
#47 10 months ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Try an LED strip attached above the rear mountains lighting them from the top. It gives the effect of a sunrise/sunset. I tried that vs the lighting inside the rear mountains and prefer the lighting from above.
Also, I second the Bigfoot Spotlight Mod. Probably the best mod for the game.
See pic
[quoted image]

Mamushka is not making them so I took it upon myself to resurrect this mod.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-white-water-bigfoot-spotlight-mod-with-hot-foot-mode#post-4782571

SFZ_8515 copy (resized).JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morris Plains, NJ
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside