Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by lpeters82
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cait001.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

YMMV on the pinside ratings but when I look at the top 100 list https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100 I can't really argue with any of the games in the 8.0+ club.
    It is exciting to see that we are almost at the point where the entire top 50 will be 8.0+ games, which I generally consider the A-list games. I could quibble on order, but all 45 of the 8.0+ games definitely feel like A-listers to me.

How long you think until the top 50 are all 8.0+?
    With any luck it'd be the next 5 releases, but they can't all be zingers. And I don't see Alien and Big Lebowski getting a big code update that would push them back into 8.0+ territory.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

on a 10 point scale most places would put A at 9 or 9.3 and above.

on a 10 point scale most places would assign A based on statistical distribution of the available dataset.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

Only places grading on a curve would do that, and those places would be lame.

OK fine, an A is 9.3 and up. Therefore there are zero A games. Very useful.

#15 5 years ago

Anyways, rankings are subjective and all but it's still a very useful dataset. I give it up to 3 years and then the entire top 50 will be 8.0+ games, which is a testament to how much great pinball machines there are out there, and the overall quality of the new ones arriving.

6 months later
    #30 5 years ago

*sigh* that's beside the point.

Anyways, I think X-Men is as 8.0 game. IN MY HEART

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cait001.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/almost-at-50-games-with-80?tu=cait001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.