(Topic ID: 36838)

Almost 900 Hobbit LE's have been ordered!

By LBJ

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Brick-Tamland.gif
There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 11 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Its not hate. Its a forum about Pinball. He has paid for WOZ. As a buyer he is stating what he thinks is reasonable. Details before money.
Its totally reasonable to voice opinions on this and some would say its torch worth bearing that hopefully changes SOP.

Maybe hate was too strong a word in this instance, but with all the hate around its hard to distinguish the haters.

To say "I would prefer..." or "I wish..." or "If they dont i will not..." sounds a lot better than "They should..." They should do whatever works for them, and obviously this is working for them.

I also think JJP is certainly committing a lesser sin by offering to sell something to eager buyers that jump in knowingly without any info in comparison to Stern, who consistently is selling what is assumed to be a completed game to unsuspecting buyers.

1 week later
#152 11 years ago

Lol so I guess I'm chump #901. I just preordered today. After seeing all these undelivered woz sell for $7500 it seems like a good investment. I'll admit it's a stupid move though but what the hell.

#153 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Lol so I guess I'm chump #901. I just preordered today. After seeing all these undelivered woz sell for $7500 it seems like a good investment. I'll admit it's a stupid move though but what the hell.

Well, when you have some chump change lying around why not. Welcome to the zoo. I'm a chump too. You only live once, you have to take a few gambles in life, or...it's not life.

#154 11 years ago

Hi, my name is Jim and I'm a chump. Twice. WOZ ECLE #825 and TH LE #825. And I am happy.

#155 11 years ago

I'm in and looking forward to it. Clay/Pinball Ninja's review of Avengers Hulk LE points out a few areas of concern. I have 4 Sterns and really like them, but I am very Frustrated about the LE/Pro structure and price difference. If JJP delivers a home run for the same price as a Stern LE with quality issues out of the box, I will save my money for JJP games. I think the gfreat thing is that the competition will lead to improved products.

4 months later
#156 10 years ago

I wonder how many of the alleged 900 have since cancelled?

#157 10 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Why?? WOZ is amazing and The Hobbit will just continue on from there

Oh I know, your still afraid that because of all your WOZ trolling, JJP won't sell you a Hobbit

#158 10 years ago

hey guys, what would ball park shipping cost from JJP NJ to Charlotte NC for a hobbit should call him but time zones are a bit out

#159 10 years ago

Got a wonder how different things would be if jjp had picked hobbit as its first pin to produce. I think it's preorders would have outpaced WOZ.

#160 10 years ago

Now you're digging up 4-month old threads to troll? Was Pinside getting too peaceful for you? I guess calling WOZ a "slow ass clusterfuck" in one thread and insulting both Thunderbirds and WOZ in yet another thread wasn't quite enough hatemongering for a half hour's work...

Seriously, man. Lighten up. Trying doing something nice for a change.

#161 10 years ago

Why are you reviving old JJP threads just to troll them? Did someone from JJP have a one-night stand with your drunk sister? Idiotic...

#162 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Why are you reviving old JJP threads just to troll them? Did someone from JJP have a one-night stand with your drunk sister? Idiotic...

Just look at the picture, enough said.....

#163 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Why are you reviving old JJP threads just to troll them? Did someone from JJP have a one-night stand with your drunk sister? Idiotic

Now I have to turn off ignore to see this. dang!

#164 10 years ago

yikes, its the freaky avatar pic guy...back to ignore

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

yikes, its the freaky Avatar pic guy...back to ignore

sorry.

#166 10 years ago

Actually I seriously think lots may have cancelled since woz is so slow out of the gate. Also it is shipping with lots of problems. Perhaps people will buy Metallica or st with the same money and take a wait and see approach on the hobbit.

I want hobbit to be good and I will buy one after I see the layout and I like it. May have to use an alias to buy it from jack though.

#167 10 years ago

Actually I seriously think lots may have cancelled since woz is so slow out of the gate. Also it is shipping with lots of problems. Perhaps people will buy Metallica or st with the same money and take a wait and see approach on the hobbit.
I want hobbit to be good and I will buy one after I see the layout and I like it. May have to use an alias to buy it from jack though.

you mean nothing to jack, don't worry about it. now stop trolling and go play your met le.

happy canada day to all canadians!

#168 10 years ago

I think hobbit will be better then woz. Cause woz is their first, and they will learn alot working on it. I hope and think all will go more fluidly, and maybe faster.

For pinball its a great theme, loved by more then woz i think.

Well, we will see, good times for pinball.

#169 10 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I think hobbit will be better then woz.

I think even Jack would agree with you. I remember him being quoted as saying that WOZ (which I have preordered) will be the worst game he will ever make. In other words, each one will be better than the game before. Here's hoping that Hobbit (which I have preordered) will indeed be even better than WOZ.

#170 10 years ago

I'm anxious to SEE TH.... I don't buy anything (from JJP, stern, Apple, Microsoft, etc) without seeing it firsthand...

But here's my question:

I was assuming by TH, JJP will have production ramoed WAY up, but will they still be cranking out WoZ's at the same time THs are supposed to be built?

I'm assuming they won't be creating a separate assembly line, but maybe I'm wrong. If not, would they have to start feathering-in TH machines while still fulfilling WOZ orders?

#171 10 years ago

If woz still has orders, they will build. Maybe in future they will stack orders up, for example, when next 100 are ordered they temporaly do that 100 stint to get back to the hobbit.

There are more ways to do it. I would not worry about this.

#172 10 years ago

I ordered WOZECLE #644 and the german distributor asked some month ago if I would like to pre-order The Hobbit #644. And, damned sure ... I will. But I also stated that I will make a payment on arrival of my WOZ. I think this is fair anough and many people in Europe think the same.
If the WOZ is here, sure ... why not. But paying for 2 pins and no idea when they will arrive its a little hard.
However, I am sure my WOZ will make it to me. Hopefully this year .. and than "Let the hobbit show up !! "

#173 10 years ago

Hahahahaha, what an idiot that hwawhonio, or whatever. Searching my messages and giving it a minus whatever i say in topics he does not even has one reply in.

Unbelievable, lmao. What a childish fool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 25.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 173 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/almost-900-hobbit-les-have-been-ordered/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.