(Topic ID: 21481)

Almost 13K Williams Indiana Jones pins made but so very few are for sale?

By awarner

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pingod
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC01531.jpg
DSC01528.jpg
raiders-warehouse.jpg
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I'm just finding it interesting that they made almost 13,000 Indiana Jones pinball machines and it seems like a lot of people are looking to buy them. I can't imagine there are that many people with them in their permanent collections. I just don't get it. I mean if they were an AFM with 3500 made, it would make sense to me, but 13K? Any ideas? Got one to sell me (in 2 weeks)?

#2 11 years ago

I see very few for sale too. I wondered if people burned them after the last Indiana Jones movie...

#3 11 years ago

how about TAF. plenty of those made and still can't find a good deal,

#4 11 years ago

I've seen quite a few in personal collections (mine included). Looks like over 300 pinsiders are in that club. Not sure how that translates to the rest of the planet?

I'll bet a lot of them got trashed and/or neglected after the PoA stopped working on location. These games were most certainly heavily routed.

It was my 2nd pin and is still one of my favroite games of all time!

#5 11 years ago

Ya. I would imagine games like TAF and IJ were such big earners on location that a lot of them got beat to shit and then tossed in trash or warehouses and left to die

I heard somewhere that around 5% of the pins for any given title disappear for one reason or another (Fire, Vandalism, e.t.c.) every year.

But remember, 42% of statistics are made up

#6 11 years ago

I heard that the the majority of them are all crated up, locked away in some sort of government facility

raiders-warehouse.jpgraiders-warehouse.jpg

#7 11 years ago

Ours is for sale, but with the melty bits on the side art, no one seems to think it's worth it...

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Bwahahaha

#9 11 years ago

And I'm talking ANY condition. Only two on eBay right now and they want eBay (Sucker) prices for them. I traded my IJ for a MB and I shopped 3 games for the guy. Now 11 years later, they are a lot harder to find for some reason. I'm glad I got the MB when I did for obvious reasons, I just figured it would be easier to replace the IJ if I ever wanted to.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

I'm just finding it interesting that they made almost 13,000 Indiana Jones pinball machines and it seems like a lot of people are looking to buy them. I can't imagine there are that many people with them in their permanent collections. I just don't get it. I mean if they were an AFM with 3500 made, it would make sense to me, but 13K? Any ideas? Got one to sell me (in 2 weeks)?

To celebrate 13k of them being made, I will sell mine for $13k I bought it in 1999 (my first pin) and its working 100% (only some cab fade). According to my audit spreadsheet, it has been played 1702 times since 1999 (with only 510 games played since Nov 2005). Thats so few, lets call this machine HUO while we're at it

#11 11 years ago

I'm willing to bet nobody wants to let theirs go, because they'll never find another one (just like MM). They also made 20k addams family pins, yet you don't see those for less than $5k in reasonable condition (and I've yet to see one in rough condition).

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Ya. I would imagine games like TAF and IJ were such big earners on location that a lot of them got beat to shit and then tossed in trash or warehouses and left to die
I heard somewhere that around 5% of the pins for any given title disappear for one reason or another (Fire, Vandalism, e.t.c.) every year.

But only 37% of all people who read statistics believe them.53% dont.the other 10%are playing pinball right now.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

They also made 20k Addams Family pins, yet you don't see those for less than $5k in reasonable condition (and I've yet to see one in rough condition).

Well then I really need to get some pictures of TAF that is on route here in a mexican laundromat.. worst condition pin you have ever seen.

#14 11 years ago

I think a lot of it has to do with theme. People who aren't even remotely into pinball would love to have an Indy pin. So, those who have them are not pinheads like us nor or they probably selling anytime soon. If they do, they immediately check ePay for all of the "current" prices. Hence the price tag. Just like Addams; there's a huge supply, but the demand is also huge.

#15 11 years ago

I have one that I would sell for $4500, but it has ball swirl marks on the playfield and a faded cabinet.

Most are in collections, collecting dust and/or rust in storage, or have been trashed.

#16 11 years ago

It's simple really. People don't typically sell really really good games. It's personally my favorite.

#17 11 years ago

Guilty as charged.

You'll have to pry my cold dead fingers off of my machine and subsequently make the highest bid it at my estate sale to get my IJ.

Sorry

#18 11 years ago

Agree with mr saturn. Anything indian jones is highly collectable.

I'm sure there are people out there with indiana jones movie stuff collections and this game is included, and not going to be for sale any time soon.

And I also think its a great game

#19 11 years ago

My IJ was the second machine in my collection, and I consider it a permanent member of my collection. But then again, this is pinball. Is anything permanent?

#20 11 years ago

I just sold my minty one for 4k value (xmen pro trade)
DSC01528.jpgDSC01528.jpg DSC01531.jpgDSC01531.jpg

#21 11 years ago

i bet a lot are still making money on locations too. or sitting in op warehouses waiting for sale or routing.

If i ever got one with a faded cab i would give it the crate treatment like the one in disneyland!

#22 11 years ago

Id like one too someday, but often when they do end up for sale its somebody looking to make $$$ on it or blinging it out to make money on it.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

Id like one too someday, but often when they do end up for sale its somebody looking to make $$$ on it or blinging it out to make money on it.

umm, yeah.. generally when they are for sale, the owner wants to make some money on it.

#24 11 years ago

Maybe you live in the wrong location
There seems to be an IJ for sale on eBay every week

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I heard that the the majority of them are all crated up, locked away in some sort of government facility

"We've got top men working on it."

"Who?"

"Top. Men."

...then a 00 - 30 match

#26 11 years ago

A lot of the places that had them on rout like Chucky Cheese aparently destroyed them when they were done with them . . . as shocking as that may sound to many. A large percentage of them were probably sledge hammered to death.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

Classic. Nice post.

#28 11 years ago

Chuck-e-Cheese destroys all their pins when they get rid of them. That's been policy forever, and we even had a manager tell us that to our face a week ago.

They did say they're starting to try and part them out and just destroy cabinets now though...yay?

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Chuck-e-Cheese destroys all their pins when they get rid of them. That's been policy forever, and we even had a manager tell us that to our face a week ago.
They did say they're starting to try and part them out and just destroy cabinets now though...yay?

My POTC is from Chucky.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Goonie:

My POTC is from Chucky.

Must be nice, because that totally goes against everything I've heard from techs, managers, and owners.

I've played the crap out of POTC at my local one...had a 500 million game thanks to their refusal to fix the shooter lane switch.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

umm, yeah.. generally when they are for sale, the owner wants to make some money on it.

I meant BIG money. Maybe its the popularity of the title, maybe its the current state of the industry but Iv seen people asking consistently crazy amount of money for their 'restored/blinged' out IJs.
Look at Mr Pinball right now.
http://user.xmission.com/~daina/classified/data/machines_for_sale.html
The WMS IJs are asking 7k-10k? You gotta be joking me. Unrestored good condition machines just aren't being sold.

Sounds like whoever got Akuma's got a deal.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from IndianaPwns:

"We've got top men working on it."

You're the biggest Indiana Jones fan and you couldn't even get that quote right?

J/k.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Must be nice, because that totally goes against everything I've heard from techs, managers, and owners.
I've played the crap out of POTC at my local one...had a 500 million game thanks to their refusal to fix the shooter lane switch.

Could it be different from region to region? I have heard the destroy theory before, but have also heard to the contrary.

POTC: way underrated in my opinion.

#34 11 years ago

I've heard the destroy theory too, but the local CC's manager was honest and said he gave the games to his brother in law "for his kids".

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from DrStarkweather:

The WMS IJs are asking 7k-10k? You gotta be joking me. Unrestored good condition machines just aren't being sold.
Sounds like whoever got Akuma's got a deal.

I suspect that restorations have at least a little bit to do with escalating prices on pins in general. I like the game, but for $7k, mine is gone tomorrow!

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I wondered if people burned them after the last Indiana Jones movie.

Perhaps they buried them out in the desert with the Atari ET cartridges - leastwise the ones I've seen available look faded as if they've been in the desert awhile, and at silly prices. Le sigh

1 year later
#37 10 years ago

I have noticed that there seem to be several posted at a time on Ebay as well as Craigslist. I know this is about a year after this post came up, but maybe people are starting to rotate their collection stock now? It isn't uncommon to see a few at pinball shows now whereas I didn't years ago. Just an observation.

#38 10 years ago

There are tons of IJ here in europe.

#40 10 years ago

Estate sale game here as well. Took a while to find and drove a long long ways.

1 month later
#41 10 years ago

I eventually found one on KLOV at a decent price. I've been collecting parts for a crazy full restoration. Another game is in the way right now being restored.

#42 10 years ago

I have trade pending for a restored IJ with new decals, cc playfield, brass, etc. Hopefully will consummate the trade in the next few weeks. I've only played the Stern version and wasn't too enthralled but I'm very hopeful and excited about bringing home my new Indy.

#43 10 years ago

What's the current going rate on these?

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'm willing to bet nobody wants to let theirs go, because they'll never find another one (just like MM). They also made 20k Addams Family pins, yet you don't see those for less than $5k in reasonable condition (and I've yet to see one in rough condition).

I have one in rough condition, cab is pretty banged up, playfield is pretty worn but all the mechs are rebuilt, new ramps new DMD a couple pretty cheesy touch ups and it's fine! Plays like new! And for $2900 I can live with the dings and lifted inserts! For some reason this game still looks great though! It's kind of a dark game anyway so my guests don't even notice the flaws, they just love playing it!

Tom

1 month later
#45 10 years ago

I never really thought of it as a dark game, seems sort of bright with all the yellow and green. I guess one in rough condition is better than not having one at all.

#46 10 years ago

I rarely see any for sale in the state I live. I have one here I have had for 17 years and it will be still here with me for the next 17 years.

#47 10 years ago

I agree tough to find game. I just picked one up Saturday had to make a long trip 6 hours each way, but I got it at a decent price and it is fantastic. One of the best ever made without a doubt. It will not leave my collection.

#48 10 years ago

The pinball market does not defer to the traditional rules of supply and demand. Prices are not based on the actual supply of product (as it is with, say, Beanie Babies until the market crashed), but on the willingness of buyers to pay more for certain games, even for those (like TAF and IJ) with high production runs. The high prices convince potential sellers to hold on to their games as investments. Meanwhile, tons of smaller-run games sell for less because their relatively lower ratings decreased their "collectible" value.

#49 10 years ago

Just a great game and people don't want to part with them. Much better than the Stern IJ. I love the video modes myself.

Was built at that time when Williams had their act together and has made those of that era, GREAT games to play, own and keep!

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from WIZ:

Was built at that time when Williams had their act together and has made those of that era, GREAT games to play, own and keep!

+1

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 1,419.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
Wanted
14,000 (OBO)
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/almost-13k-williams-indiana-jones-pins-made-but-so-very-few-are-for-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.