3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C22805D4-B90C-4735-A275-0ED81B311B6F (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballykiss1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Just got a Bally Paragon today that came with the Alltek Ultimate MPU board. It is set at 5 balls per game. I was wondering how do you change it to 3 balls per game? Which switch is it? Per original cards in the backbox, it shows switch 16 to change balls per game. I changed dip switch 16 and still set to 5 ball.Thanks for the help.

C22805D4-B90C-4735-A275-0ED81B311B6F (resized).jpegC22805D4-B90C-4735-A275-0ED81B311B6F (resized).jpeg

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Machine was off when you changed it and then reboot it?
You could also try to clear the memory with button on the board so it has a fresh reboot.
-Mike

Machine was off when I flipped the dip switch. I will try to clear the memory. Thanks

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

Switch 16 is the saucer hole scoring adjustment
ON = scores rack and bonus values plus any 2x, 3x, 4x, or 5x
OFF = scores rack and bonus values only
Be sure your game is turned off before making switch setting adjustments
ATB - R

Ok thank you. Appreciate it. I definitely turn it off before I do anything. I used to build computers back in the day and had to adjust dip switches back in the 90’s

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

You'll set you MPU board dip switches as defined in the EBD Owners Manual. Here's a pdf link:
https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-pinball/E/Eight_Ball_Deluxe_OPS.pdf
On page 6 of the owners manual (slide 11 on the pdf) you'll want to set dip switches as follows:
- 32 = OFF
- 31 = OFF
The manual is a great reference for all of the other dip switch settings, so keep it handy
ATB - R

I have a paragon so will look for the manual. Thank you for your help

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

Gads ... I *knew* it was Paragon, and gave you deets/links on EBD instead. So Sorry. I've been working on both of these pins this morning
Here's a link for Paragon's Owners Manual: http://gamearchive.askey.org/Pinball/Manufacturers/Bally/pdfs/paragon_op.pdf
ATB - R

Thanks my friend!! No worries. Appreciate the help so much. Good luck with your pins.

#11 3 years ago

So it is switch 16 to adjust for 3 or 5 ball. Initially flipped it and no change. Still at 5 ball. Will try it again. If not will just have to get used to 5 balls.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from slochar:

Alltek has lifetime warranty, if the dip isn't working would need to be fixed. Worth contacting them.

Thank you for the info. Really appreciate it. Will contact them. Have a good weekend.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ballykiss1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alltek-ultimate-mpu-change-3-5-ball-setting?tu=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.