3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by swampwiz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampwiz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

FWIW, the title is Playboy, and there is an accompanying AllTek Solenoid Driver board.

On power-up, I am getting 2 flashes followed a delay, then another 4 flashes followed by a delay, then again another 4 flashes followed by delay, etc.; FWIW, the time difference between the 2nd & 3rd of the 4 seems to be shorter than between the 1st & 2nd and 3rd & 4th. The +5V LED is always on (greem). The Solenoid Driver board seems to show all green LEDs with the 5 in the circle going in a circle (which AIUI, is proper). The displays don't who anything other than perhaps a very dim light at the bottom. There is no sound. The fuses seem to look OK, although I have not taken them out to get an up-close inspection. There is no LED that is lit red.

I should say that for a while, the #2 display was malfunctioning with the last digit blank (since I was only playing the 1st player, I didn't bother testing it in play). I should also say that the last few times I powered it up, sometimes I would get nothing (I could not tell what the LEDs were doing since the backglass was installed) upon the first power-up, but typically, after powering it down and then powering it up again, the proper boot-up sequence would happen, and the gameplay was fine. The last time that I got it to play, I had to do this 4 times. Now nothing. I have tried powering it up with that #2 display removed, and got the same result.

FWIW, the room is bit cooler than room temperature at times (perhaps 50F) but definitely nothing freezing. I have also done a memory reset by putting the game-title dipswitch set to 01111111 and powering up; for this, both of the LEDs are on and stay on (it seems that the manual says that the LEDs should flash off an on every second).

I read through the AllTek documentation, and it mentions the case of 5 flashes but not 4 or 6. Does anyone know on online reference that lists the type of problem for the specific number of flashes?

I haven't contacted the AllTek manufacturer; I'd like to try and get this figured out as much as I can before calling him (i.e., since he would simply tell me to do something before he could diagnose it).

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Disconnect J1, J2 and J3 on the CPU board (only J4 connected) and see how many flashes you get.

Thanks for the graveyard shift service!

I get 2 then 6 flashes, and then a very high pitched squawk (that sounds like the single squawk when normally powering up, but at a higher pitch). The displays do not show anything, nor does a coin-credit actuation do anything (although obviously this would be because the connectors are off).

1 week later
    #5 3 years ago

OK, I'd gotten sidetracked, and now I'm back to working on the pin.

Through a lot of trial & error (including at one point clearing the memory and then setting the game name jumpers WRONG! ), and removing the display that had been somewhat malfunctioning, EVERYTHING SEEMS TO WORK!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampwiz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alltek-mpu-led-not-flashing-proper-of-times?tu=swampwiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.