(Topic ID: 213289)

Alltek MPU issues with HotDoggin?

By smileymatthew

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Having an issue with the Ultimate MPU (Version 9.1 I believe, both boards are a few months old) with Hot Doggin.

Anyone tried these in a hot Doggin?

The issue is related to the switch Matrix, specifically J2-Pin 8 (the "0" row of the switch matrix). Put a new board in a game and that row didn't work, I put on new connectors, checked wiring, and even removed connector and jumped the pins with wire on the board itself and I'm still getting nothing on Pin 8. I swapped in another new alltek board and having the exact same issue. I'm getting nothing in the swtich matrix on pin 8 (White/Green wire). I double checked the wiring on the schematics. I actually have another Hot Doggin in my personal collection with the original MPU. I went and checked it and it works perfectly when I connect the pins either in the game or with the connector off. I also double checked the wiring to make sure It matched what the schematics said and it did.

I sent an email to alltek and it bounced back immediately!

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from smileymatthew:

I swapped in another new alltek board and having the exact same issue.

Sounds like it's NOT a board level issue? Have you checked the diodes on the switches in that column? I'm not familiar with Alltek boards but tend to try the easiest solutions first before assuming its board level.

#3 6 years ago

Sounds like he is suggesting the game code for Hotdoggin' on the Alltek MPU is the issue. I have a Alltek and a Hotdoggin, but Hotdoggin is currently a project I need to get running and was planning on testing it with my Alltek, which I need to locate somewhere around the house. Not sure how soon this will be though, but I hope within a couple of months.

#4 6 years ago

Can you try your Alltek MPU in another Bally/Stern game?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from smileymatthew:

I actually have another Hot Doggin in my personal collection with the original MPU. I went and checked it and it works perfectly when I connect the pins either in the game or with the connector off.

The Alltek board works perfectly in your other Hotdoggin? Have you tried the original MPU in the suspect pin?

Sorry, trying to track down common denominator here, again I am simple minded so try to start with basics.

#6 6 years ago

That would be I0.
Does the #3 coin switch work? If so it would be a connector problem. Try jumpeing from J3-9. That is I0 to the cabinet.

#7 6 years ago

Hey Guys - Figured this out - It looks like the issue was being caused by a short in the COIN door and #3 coin had loose wires most likely banging into something. Side note, Alltek got back to me and was a big help.

I've had coin door shorts before and had it mess up the matrix before but I didn't connect the coin door would effect things on the PF on the matrix, I would have expected only things down there (Slam tilt, Coins, Start Button etc)

So the Alltek boards are fine as is my original!

Back to the slopes - thanks for the input!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Asheville, NC
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alltek-mpu-issues-with-hotdoggin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.