• Latest reply 5 years ago by pinkid
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Lamp_Driver_Picture (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

Hola, I have an Alltek lamp board in my Xenon that has been configured for LEDs that has the N bonus light stuck on regardless of the type of bulb installed.

Does anyone have any advice on how to troubleshoot this? All other lights are working as they should.

#2 5 years ago

they'll warranty it, you have to send it in for repairs.

#3 5 years ago

It's probably just the transistor that runs that particular bulb.

Maybe the light socket shorted and took it out?

#4 5 years ago

To add to that, there are probably several unused transistors on that board that can be swapped into the spot where the bad one is. Check your schematic to see which ones.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

To add to that, there are probably several unused transistors on that board that can be swapped into the spot where the bad one is. Check your schematic to see which ones.

Yea, but there surface mounted, how would you swap?

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from wdennie:

Yea, but there surface mounted, how would you swap?

Oh! I am only familiar working on the original boards, but transitor is usually the case. Surface mount does make it harder indeed.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh! I am only familiar working on the original boards, but transitor is usually the case. Surface mount does make it harder indeed.

Alltek make great replacement boards, but there all surface mounted, think that's why they have a lifetime warranty.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from wdennie:

Alltek make great replacement boards

Yeah, I've got one of their MPUs, but it works so good, I never noticed it was all surface mount.

Thanks for the info!

#9 5 years ago

You guys are missing the best part about Altek, it has holes next to the surface mount components, allowing you to install a regular thru-hole part. Ideal for on-site servicing.

Take the bulb out and make sure neither it, nor the socket is a short.

Then replace SCR (buy extras, because if you have a Classic Bally, you are going to need them).

Lamp_Driver_Picture (resized).JPGLamp_Driver_Picture (resized).JPG
#10 5 years ago

Also, check your schematic, because a couple of the playfield lights are controlled by the Aux Lamp Board that does the backglass lighting.

#11 5 years ago

Vid, a worldly man of much experience, to the rescue!

#12 5 years ago

Vid was right. I had a bad component on an Alltek light driver board. Desoldered the surface mount and replaced w/a normal one using the holes provided on the board. It worked. I believe it was an SCR that went bad. It was for a controlled(switched) light. Good luck!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cape Coral, FL
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jeffersonville, IN
$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alltek-lamp-board-one-single-light-stuck-on-in-xenon?hl=wdennie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.