7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I have 2 alltek boards one brand new other I use for testing ... Have an 8 ball here with booting issues I'm tired of dealing with ... With the -35 when it boots its fine .... Alltek #1 lower right pop and left kicker fire at same time sometimes other times ok .... Changed the 6821 does the same .... Alltek 2 ... Brand new ... On startup it fires the ball return to the tone of the start up chimes ... Wth..... Dips are correct for the game and settings dips same as on the 35 .... This is quite freaky ... Amy ideas ???

#2 7 years ago
    Quoted from mike11:

I have 2 alltek boards one brand new other I use for testing ... Have an 8 ball here with booting issues I'm tired of dealing with ... With the -35 when it boots its fine .... Alltek #1 lower right pop and left kicker fire at same time sometimes other times ok .... Changed the 6821 does the same .... Alltek 2 ... Brand new ... On startup it fires the ball return to the tone of the start up chimes ... Wth..... Dips are correct for the game and settings dips same as on the 35 .... This is quite freaky ... Amy ideas ???

Yeah, contact Dave (Alltek) with your issue! One thing great about these boards is the support he provides!!

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from mike11:

Hi Mike,

The allteks might be OK, but the J4 connector is having problems. I have had cases with worn out female contacts that fail to make continuity in one board, but work in another. Probably small difference in the shape, bend, thickness of the header posts.

Put the game in solenoid test and make sure all four bits of encoded solenoid data (SOL-A, B, C, D) reach the driver board decoder chip. They change state really slow with the solenoid pulse. You can see this with a dmm on vdc or with a logic probe.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

Hi Mike,
    The allteks might be OK, but the J4 connector is having problems. I have had cases with worn out female contacts that fail to make continuity in one board, but work in another. Probably small difference in the shape, bend, thickness of the header posts.
    Put the game in solenoid test and make sure all four bits of encoded solenoid data (SOL-A, B, C, D) reach the driver board decoder chip. They change state really slow with the solenoid pulse. You can see this with a dmm on vdc or with a logic probe.

Another test for a bad J4....put game in coil test. If any coils don't fire or fire more than once during one cycle of the test, J4 is bad.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alltek-board-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.