Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

few months back a guy posted a place to buy boards that was quite a bit cheaper on prices, can't find the topic now...…..any deals out there?

#2 4 years ago

Another MPU alternative is here.
    https://nvram.weebly.com/new-pcbs.html

#3 4 years ago

Alltek stands behind their warranty and I've only had great experience

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

few months back a guy posted a place to buy boards that was quite a bit cheaper on prices, can't find the topic now...…..any deals out there?

That was probably me recommending nvram.weebly. $160 delivered and he does stand behind his products. He’s been active in pinball and making pinball electronics for ten years.

He sells a lot of other boards as well. Check out his diy rectifier board kit for $35 delivered

#5 4 years ago

I would try Weebly, quick shipping, will be available with quick response if an issue or question arises. Ive bought tons from him with no complaints.

#6 4 years ago

I bought a dozen boards from alltek wouldn't go anywhere else

#7 4 years ago

I'm getting away from boards that have dozens of ROMs built in and use a switch to select. A lot of my games have modified ROMs for tournaments, free play and/or 7-digit scoring. Its nice to be able to use non-standard ROMs instead of being locked into what is burned onto the board. That said, I have had nothing but great luck with Alltek. Their boards are really nice. Weebly is a nice alternative if you want to save a little money or be able to use your own ROMs.

I buy Alltek from Big Daddy or Pinball Life.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Weebly is a nice alternative if you want to save a little money or be able to use your own ROMs.

The Weebly board has expanded ROM and RAM addressing allowing anyone who wants to write their own game code/rules to go to town and not be restricted to the limited factory ROM/RAM space on the original MPU board. This includes using Olivers homebrew game code that requires expanded ROM.

The spare 512kbit ROM socket on the Weebly board allows you to program up to 60kByte of game code (factory board is 8kByte), and onboard RAM expanded to nearly 4kByte.

#9 4 years ago

another +1 for weebly. I've bought a few rectifier boards from barakandl and he's always on the tech threads helping. I always check out his website first if I need a board. Can't beat a $35 DIY rectifier board kit.

#10 4 years ago

Doesn't matter where you buy, almost everybody is selling the Alltek mpu at the same price.
    It's the shipping that might make the difference.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

I bought a dozen boards from alltek wouldn't go anywhere else

Me too. I'll stick with what's been working. Prices are the same everywhere so doesn't really matter where you get it - I'm a PBR guy.

I've bought a couple weebly Bally sound boards and those were great too. We are lucky to have so many sources for this stuff.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allteck-mpu-best-place-to-buy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.