• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Cyclone-King
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi,
I was hoping someone could help me with a general question and a technical question related to my Allied Leisure Thunderbolt pin. 1. Does anyone know how many games were produced? I can't seem to find any information about the number in production, or possible value anywhere. 2. The left flipper coil burned out and was replaced. When turning on the machine after the coil replacement, the lights come on, but the game will not start up. No sound or bumper response and the ball will not eject out. The start button does not have any effect except to show the game is in progress. There are a series of diagnostic tests, but I can't seem to get past the first one. The fuses all appear intact. If anyone has any ideas for suggestions for a machine of this era, I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much. D.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks, I appreciate it. I will take a look and see what I can do.

#4 5 years ago

There isn't much about generation 2 games on pinwiki right now.

This is pretty much the bulk of the available info:

https://www.flippers.com/ALI-Pinball_service.html

Production numbers are unknown. Allied Leisure games aren't too common, but unfortunately, rarity doesn't mean valuable in this case.

Because there is so little documentation available and parts are very difficult to obtain, this is not the kind of game I would recommend for a beginner. But, if you're determined and have some experience, you may be able to get through it.

flippers.com is pretty much the only source for paperwork and replacement parts. You might be able to find a few parts here and there with other suppliers, but it will take some digging.

#5 5 years ago

You are absolutely right-information is pretty scarce. I'm relatively new at pin diagnostics and repairs, but the information provided will help me try to figure it out. I was hoping that it would possibly be worth something of value, but I agree with what you're saying. Perhaps if I get it running... wishful thinking. Thanks for your input!

#6 5 years ago

It might top out at 600-750 in full working order and in nice condition.

John Robertson (of flippers.com) visits here and rpg, so if you encounter a specific issue, he might be able to help troubleshoot. He also does board repairs, but there might be a bit of a wait time for that.

If you really don't want to dive into this particular game, you could either sell it as is (people such as myself like buying project games), or offer it up for trade for another early solid state game.

#7 5 years ago

When I get some time I will need to take a look and see how involved it may be. I am certainly not wanting to do a full overhaul of this game-unfortunately due to time and lack of knowledge required. Given the information provided already, I have plenty to try and check out. If it's too far over my level, I will likely sell/trade if possible as you suggested. I will certainly let you know once I figure it out. Thanks again for your assistance-appreciate it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 7.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 11.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!