Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by crlush
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I'm looking for a manual for a Roy Clark cocktail pinball machine.

The manuals I can find online all have schematics that are impossible to read.

I really only need the schematics.

Ideas?

#2 9 years ago

From what I can see, all of ALI machines are wired the same. So a diagram from ANY ALI machine should suffice.

#3 9 years ago

This is the largest file available from the ipdb.
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2492/Allied_Leisure_1978_Take_Five_Manual.pdf
Perhaps this one can help you?

Peter

#4 9 years ago

Page 10 and 11 are what I mainly need. Trying to find out why I keep blowing fuses.

I can zoom in on the screen, but I need something that can be printed out. Even if it prints on multiple pages.

Maybe I'll do some kind of billboard printout or something.

#5 9 years ago

If someone could point me to some kind of FREE circuit drawing software, I would gladly redraw this and post it.

#7 9 years ago

I did Ken, thank you.

I'm most interested in the cabinet layout.

I've got a fuse that keeps blowing, and I have no idea what value the fuse is even supposed to be, or what it controls.

This is the ONLY ALI machine I have ever worked on, and it all just looks so foreign to me!

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Trying to find out why I keep blowing fuses.

Shorted bridge rectifier?

Shorted diode on one of the coils?

#9 9 years ago

I need to track that all down.

Its not my machine, so I have no idea on the history of it. At this point, it could be anything.

I'm one of those people that start at the line cord, check for voltage, and work my way back to the boards or playfield. A very systematic approach.

1 month later
#10 9 years ago

Apparently there are two different cabinet styles for the Allied Leisure cocktail games. I'm not sure if the fuse numbers correspond between both cabinets or not.

There's the first style which has two latches (one at each side) that hold the top glass down. There *should* be lockable panels to cover these. The second style cabinet has a lock on the front of the cabinet to unlock the glass. The glass sides towards you, then up to remove.

The first style cabinet has a power supply on a wood board mounted to the bottom of the cabinet.

The second style cabinet uses a PCB with LEDs mounted to the back wall for the power supply and *should* have a fuse listing label mounted just below it.

If you can tell me which style you have and which fuse is blowing I can look at mine to see what this fuse is for (I currently have both cabinet styles between a couple of projects I'm working on).

In addition to the Allied schematic doc referenced above which primarily references the first style cabinet (you can also find it on IPDB under "Take Five"), there is another Allied Manual on IPDB for "Star Shooter" which references the second style cabinet and its different power supply. Unfortunately the schematics are not scanned into this doc.

John Robertson (flippers.com) has a full set available but it isn't free.

A little additional info on the different cabinets:

The second style cabinet has retractable legs at each corner so you can make it a cocktail, a tall cocktail, or a stand up game depending on how far you extend the legs.

The original style can be made into a stand-up game by using the factory (optional, of course) base. See "Take Five" flyer for details. Yes, this does exist, I've had 2 Take Fives that actually had these on them.

Mic

#11 9 years ago

First style.

I might be in luck. The client who owns the machine was able to pick up a 2nd machine for dirt cheap, and we're hoping it has the manual!!!

#12 9 years ago

All I am really interested in out of the manual, is a good CLEAR set of schematics.

Even the set that flippers.com has is very hard to read because they are hand-drawn.

Plus, he wants $50 including shipping.

$15 to ship a media mail envelope that costs $3 is a little over the top in my book.

#13 9 years ago

Lookup (Take Five) on ipdb its basicly the same game just different plastics, I have one. Oops sorry I didnt read thru somrone already suggested that.

#14 9 years ago

I did see those schematics. Unfortunately, they are near impossible to read.

#15 9 years ago

Mine has the values printed on the bottom under the fuses if you post a pic of the area where the fuse is perhaps I or someone can tell you the right value.

#16 9 years ago

I'm worried that just replacing a fuse isn't going to solve the problem and that I'll have more work to do. I don't want to tear into it without a full set of drawings.

#17 9 years ago

if you post a pic and find out what the fuse is for than someone possibly can help diagnose your prob also

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allied-leisure-pinball-manual and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.