3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I'm having problems adding LED's to the controlled lights on my Allied Leisure game Rock On. They work perfectly fine for the GI, but on the controlled inserts and controlled backbox lighting I just can't get them to work right. They are just way too bright when the controlled lamp is supposed to be off. This seems to be a ghosting issue, but to a level I've never encountered before.

On other games, adding a 500-1.5k resistor to each lamp socket works well. It seems to do nothing on this Gen. 1 game. There is also logic for these early SS ALI games that supplies a small amount of current to each lamp, which is supposed to extend the life of the incandescent bulbs. That isn't helping either.

Once the controlled lighting gets the call to light fully, the LED definitely gets brighter. The problem is it's only marginally brighter, it almost seems fully lit before that.

I've been able to use LED's in all my non-mainstream manufacturer games so far, but this one I just can't figure out. The generation 1 Allied Leisure games are definitely different being the first (or possibly second) solid state pinball ever made. They use TTL logic and multiple boards, and rely on LED's on each board to diagnose issues. It's actually really fascinating and pretty easy to follow.

Just hoping someone's run into this issue as I could never go back to incandescents.

Thanks!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allied-leisure-gen1-rock-on-led-s-in-controlled-lighting-always-lit- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.