Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by WOLF
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

The left flipper coil in my Eros One was burnt and blows the fuse as soon as I hit the button. I am getting ready to replace the coil and want to change out the transistor. But I can't figure out which one it is from the schematics I have. Anyone know which transistor I need to replace and what the specs are for it? Thanks.
Dan

#2 9 years ago

Bump. Looking thru the schematics all I see is a flipper relay down by the chimes. Is this all there is to this circuit? Would a relay go bad on one side and not the other?

#3 9 years ago

Cut wires from burnt coil, replace fuse, start game and press flipper button. If fuse does not blow; the coil is the problem.

Now, you will have to figure out why it burnt up. Likely a misadjusted EOS switch. Or, if you just acquired the machine, maybe someone bypassed the EOS switch. Verify right & left flipper wiring is the same.

#4 9 years ago

Thanks. Right now the playfield is out getting restored so I can't test it. I am pretty sure the wiring is correct. I just want it as good to go as I can get it for when the playfield comes back. I am not familiar at all with Allied Leisure games like I am with Bally/Sterns and WPC.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Is this all there is to this circuit?

According to the manual the flipper relay is controlled by the computer board. I could not find any details on which transistor controls which coil/relay. I would just test them all since you're looking for a short from emitter to collector anyways.

All I could find online is the operators manual, do you have schematics?

Disclaimer: Don't know shit about allied leisure games, just reading the manual.

#6 9 years ago

some good info here on ALI

http://www.flippers.com/ALI-Pinball_service.html

I could likely figure this out if you can show me the schematic. It eludes me online at the moment.

#7 9 years ago

I found it. I feel like an idiot. in the schematics it was way off to the side and I didin't notice it.

#8 9 years ago

OK, the pre-transistor and transistor are out of tolerance. I can get the pre-driver MPS-6531s at Big Daddy's.
I cannot find the big grey transistor anywhere. It has markings of (HT) BD607 and 7904. Anyone know what type these are or what they are really called or an equivalent replacement?

#9 9 years ago

Here is a data sheet for the BD607....might be able to find a cross.

BD607 Transistor Datasheet. Parameters and Characteristics.

Type Designator: BD607

Material of transistor: Si

Polarity: NPN

Maximum collector power dissipation (Pc), W: 90

Maximum collector-base voltage |Ucb|, V: 60

Maximum collector-emitter voltage |Uce|, V: 60

Maximum emitter-base voltage |Ueb|, V: 0

Maximum collector current |Ic max|, A: 10

Maksimalna temperatura (Tj), °C: 150

Transition frequency (ft), MHz: 1.5

Collector capacitance (Cc), pF:

Forward current transfer ratio (hFE), min: 15

Noise Figure, dB: -

Package of BD607 transistor: TO220

#11 9 years ago

Any time.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allied-leisure-flipper-circuit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.