• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hello everyone,
Have a strange one at least for me. just powered up my Boogie and all the GI lights start flashing super fast the playfield lights relay is clicking in sync. I powered down and looked for shorted lights or wires also checked all the connectors all looked good. powered back up and worked for about 3 balls then back to flashing like crazy No lights are flashing on any circuit board matching the light and relay rhythm. I have removed all the boards 1 at a time and it dosen't change anything except for the driver board and the bonus board either removed will stop the flashing .
Has anyone seen this before ?
Any tips/ suggestions greatly appreciated.

Bruce

#2 1 year ago

Are the connector pins corroded? Corroded pins may lead to intermittent connectivity and could cause all sorts of issues.

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=ALI/Fascination_Repair#Connectors_.26_Pin_Designations

#3 1 year ago

Thanks for the reply,
All pins / connectors have been either cleaned or replaced has been working fine for quite a while since work was done .
No other issues or signs of problem this issue just popped up out of the blue

#4 1 year ago

The next thing I might try is backtrace the logic for what controls that relay.

#5 1 year ago

WIth a little back tracking and some luck its up and running again.
found that when it was flashing uncontrollably the 5 vdc regulated power was only 4.50 vdc changed regulator and got same result. Checked all wiring and then removed playfield and it still flashed. Checked all voltages form transformer and they all looked good with a little further investigation on the 5 vdc system i found that one of the wires coming off the 8000 uf cap was causing the issue if i barley touched the wire it would stop flashing. I cleaned the connection up and all is working now but plan on replacing the caps just to make sure i don't have issues later on .

Thanks
for the help .

Bruce

#6 1 year ago

Nice job troubleshooting the issue

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Loris, SC
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!