Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by rcbrown316
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Box truck or extended cargo van? any suggestions appreciated. I reneted a standard uhaul van and picked up two machines last summer. Probably could have fit 3. I freight in a bunch of pins and take it in the ss on shipping so I am gonna go to some shows and see if I can grab a bunch at once. I'm in rochester and we're gonna go to allentown show. I have never been to a show so i have no clue what to expect will be for sale. Hate to rental a big ole freighter and come home with a few boards and a fistful of leds. If i end up with a bigger rig than I need I will likely have room for a few more if someone wants to take advantage of shipping cost savings.

#2 9 years ago

If you are going with more than person drive a car and if you need to rent a box truck do so then.

#3 9 years ago

Drive there rent uhaul accordingly to return , thats what i will be doing , will be my frist time at allentown too , used to go to TPF in grapvine when lived in texas

#4 9 years ago

Full size chevy van holds four dmd pins.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from michiganpinball:

Full size chevy van holds four dmd pins.

sitting flat on their bottoms or upright on their backs?

#6 9 years ago

Rent one of the dodge tradesmen vans. They have a lot of room inside,you could probably fit 4 or 5 standing on there backs.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from mario_1_up:

If you are going with more than person drive a car and if you need to rent a box truck do so then.

good idea but i am going with my gal. driving back seperate is not an option

#8 9 years ago

UHaul cargos are usually easier to load then a van

#9 9 years ago

i'm likely going to rent from enterprise. Uhaul's "unlimited" miles were ummmm... fuggin' limited. leaning towards a full sized van. I'll just need to get some straps and fold the games up and stand em up on their backs

#10 9 years ago

Don't forget lots of moving blankets.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Don't forget lots of moving blankets.

yep got 'em

#12 9 years ago

U haul trailer is the way to go!

#13 9 years ago

the suspension would concern me a bit but i don't know this is why I ask!

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

the suspension would concern me a bit but i don't know this is why I ask!

Ratchet straps are your friend...

#15 9 years ago

I've used a I haul trailer a couple times and with 3 machines it still looks empty. No problems with machines after a 7 hour trip. Strap everything down tight and go.

#16 9 years ago

Here's a good piece of advice, make your deals before the show and meet the seller at the show to pick up your games. Don't leave it to luck, all the good buys are gone before the public enters. Usually deals are made long before the show, and you will stuck paying top dollar.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

sitting flat on their bottoms or upright on their backs?

Flat. Two in the back side by side and two in the side door (sideways) side by side. Slide them in and put blankest between them so the can't hit each other. I don't even strap them in. Also, there isn't enought roof height to stand them up FYI.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from michiganpinball:

Flat. Two in the back side by side and two in the side door (sideways) side by side. Slide them in and put blankest between them so the can't hit each other. I don't even strap them in. Also, there isn't enought roof height to stand them up FYI.

sweeet. thats what I like to hear. much appreciated mr. michigan!

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

Here's a good piece of advice, make your deals before the show and meet the seller at the show to pick up your games. Don't leave it to luck, all the good buys are gone before the public enters. Usually deals are made long before the show, and you will stuck paying top dollar.

yes very sage advice colehvac. I want to make deals on a couple before we get there and have room for a couple more.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentownneed-rental-vehicle-advice-for-4-or-5-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.