Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 131 posts
  • 79 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by bigd1979
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20150503_172605_508.jpg
    photo (27).JPG
    DSC01544.JPG
    DSC01543.JPG
    DSC01542.JPG
    DSC01538.JPG
    DSC01536.JPG
    DSC01535.JPG
    image.jpg
    2015-05-02 20.39.57.jpg
    398970-i.jpg
    398969-i.jpg
    image.jpg
    20150502_192435-848.jpg
    image-143.jpg
    image-567.jpg
    There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 8 years ago

Need to make sure to have one of these threads!
    Allentown is half in the bag...what goodies did you score?

For me personally:
    AFM playfield
    Pile of speaker kits
    Black and White DMD for my TZ
    Pile of LEDs
    Pile of misc rubbers

And that's just yesterday....

#2 8 years ago

FF speaker kit
    CPU board
    LED kit
    PinGraffix kit

Today I'm probably just going to score a pretzel because I'm now officially broke.

#3 8 years ago

I'll be there this morning to pick through the scraps.

I'll be in the "T and F*ckin' A" shirt.

Actually I'll be in the "body by pinball" T shirt if anyone wants to say hi.

#4 8 years ago

A couple of coin doors for parts, some plastic bins, a NOS spinner for Sinbad (been looking for one for a full year), felt cabinet leg proctectors, a semi-populated playfield. Also, some leg bolts that were on sale, and some loose plastics.

I was hoping to bring a game back with me--project or otherwise, but everybody wants top dollar --even for the routed and flooded junk pins

#5 8 years ago

Anyone selling a Dr. Who at this thing? And if so, how much?

#6 8 years ago

R911 and two used playfields and a couple of boards. P.S. Nice to meet you Greg. Joe

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

For me personally:
    Pile of misc rubbers

Gross dude.

#8 8 years ago

New glass for all of my games!

#9 8 years ago

Not much this year, just new glass for FunHouse.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Anyone selling a Dr. Who at this thing? And if so, how much?

Definitely one in the Free Play area. Didn't play it, so I didn't notice if it had a for sale sign or not.

#11 8 years ago

4 slightly used chromed legs that will look brand new with chrome polish and fine steel wool for $10!!! However, $240 on little light bulbs.

#12 8 years ago

The chance to meet some really cool Pinsiders, and a reminder that you should not judge a book by it's cover.

Oh, and a Pinball Magic

On the way again today!

Chris

#13 8 years ago

Chris you picked up a Pinball Magic Game? Congrats on that!
    How much is that Whirlwind game there (if still there)?
    I want to come to the show, but based on pics and low budget, not seeing anything making me want to jump in car and head up. If I win that AMH, I'll be in the car lightning quick

#14 8 years ago

I got the nicest LOTR I ever saw...20150502_192435.jpg20150502_192435.jpg

#15 8 years ago

Red Tremor shaker kit from Cointaker (tremendous show special price)

80 beef sticks and 15 dozen kiffles (I think I overbought on the kiffles)

#16 8 years ago

Those beef sticks were great weren't they!

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sethman:

They're awesome, and addicting! I get them from Clover Farm, down on the left-hand side of the market. Place is great, and one of the owners there, David, is a riot - always has a joke at the ready.

#18 8 years ago

yep! got a bunch there too. good stuff

#19 8 years ago

Stern mirror blades for $50, 2 new sheets of glass, bunch of leds, set of chrome rails, couple of Rob Kahr's 5v daughter boards, other misc stuff. Had a great day.

#20 8 years ago

2 DMD sets ( one blue , one white)
    misc. chrome pieces
    a green laser for STLE
    several LED's from coin taker

#21 8 years ago

Red Tremor from Cointaker. What a steal price. Snagged one myself.
    I also picked up a smallish arcade cabinet with trackball for $90.
    Working on it now.
    Man, did anyone buy that Transformers LE that got wet? It was outside the building with no translite. They had $2000 on it. Not worth it for what little parts you could salvage.

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

Red Tremor shaker kit from Cointaker (tremendous show special price)

How much were the shaker kits?

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

How much were the shaker kits?

$99 out the door. Should've bought the entire rack of 'em.

#24 8 years ago

No games but I stared at those project Xenons in the flea market for a while. A call from my realtor regarding a house my wife and I want to buy took all the buying steam out of me. Really sucked to have this happen on one of my favorite days of the year.

Anyway, I did buy some glass. Thanks glass dude!! Also, some miscellaneous parts from Mayfair and the "junk" guy in the center of the indoor flea market. At least I spent far less than I brought with me. Wife was happy.

#25 8 years ago

I wanted to buy the Ruby Red WOZ from jack and my wife said get it if you want but I just could not part with that kind of cash today. So I just got a set of pingraffix for my tom two daughter boards and two lighted shooter rods from coin taker.

#26 8 years ago

I bought a quart of pickled kielbasa and about $40 in sausages from one of the butchers in the farmer's market. Love that place!

I sold games this time but I did pick up a Flash Gordon that I bought pre-show. I almost pulled the trigger on the Mousin' Around that was in there but held off. There were some great deals to be had though...

#27 8 years ago
    Quoted from dtown:

No games but I stared at those project Xenons in the flea market for a while.

They were junkers. All those pins basically were--flood damage, fire damage, dead or missing boards, awful wear down to the bare wood...but they had premium prices. No bargains there--even just for the parts

There were three Xenons, but only one had an intact playfield. It looked like the boards were shot on that one though. It had a price tag of $995. I think it was gone by mid-day on Friday. Maybe someone bought it for the playfield, I dunno.

All the pins there really should've been priced in the $100-$400 range. Unfortunately, they were in sad shape.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

They were junkers. All those pins basically were--flood damage, fire damage, dead or missing boards, awful wear down to the bare wood...but they had premium prices. No bargains there--even just for the parts

Yeah the outside flea market was, at least at 9:30 this morning, one depressing walkthrough. Couldn't get inside fast enough.

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I got the nicest LOTR I ever saw...20150502_192435.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Lol thats my old one

Miss it already haha

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from Sethman:

I kept buying a bunch of those beef sticks calleed "Landyeagers" (sp?). They were great!

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

There were three Xenons, but only one had an intact playfield. It looked like the boards were shot on that one though. It had a price tag of $995. I think it was gone by mid-day on Friday. Maybe someone bought it for the playfield, I dunno.
    All the pins there really should've been priced in the $100-$400 range. Unfortunately, they were in sad shape.

The guy with the two Xenon's was towards the back of the outdoor flea market and had, as usual, a lot of project games. I looked in the cabinets of both but he had the heads strapped to the cabs. Both had playfields that were shot. My intention was to buy one along with that sweet CPR playfield in the CPR booth for a full playfield transfusion. I looked in the coin doors of each and they were both fairly clean in their cabs. Little smell too. His asking price at early afternoon on Friday was $550 for one and $500 for the other. One having a little more wear than the other on the playfield. It didn't matter to me as I had the full intention of doing my first playfield swap. Xenon is a good candidate for this as it doesn't have a whole lot going on compared to, say, Twilight Zone! Anywho, like I said, I was just depressed after hearing from my realtor that I didn't even want to go into "haggle mode" to get one of them as cheap as possible. I don't mind the work. I like junk! I even looked at that water damaged Transformers for a little bit. Oh, well. There's always York.

#32 8 years ago

Couldnt get the vpcabs pin. great deal but other thing came up and messed up my plans.

#33 8 years ago

Thanks to all who visited my indoor flea market space. I sold all my playfields, aprons, most of my legs, coin boxes, pc boards, even a Jamma and touch screen board and other invaluable stuff.

Without exception, everyone I met was friendly and a pleasure to deal with. I had a great time. Kind of like Christmas, sorry it's over.

Much thanks to Ivan, Harry and all the other guys and gals who made this show possible. I hope it grows to be the biggest show in the U.S. It takes far more effort than we realize to pull a show like this off.

Hope to see you folks in Sturbridge in July and York in October.

Alan Leroy

#34 8 years ago

It was my second time attending Allentown, and my first game purchase there happened today. I picked up the Gottlieb Amazon Hunt that has been haunting my dreams after I didn't snag it last year.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I got the nicest LOTR I ever saw...20150502_192435.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

You bought that? Do you know where he got the gold plating done? My HUO LOTR wants some Bling Bling too!

#36 8 years ago

My first time at Allentown. Didn't get anything but met a few new friends. Ok I totally forgot there was an outside flea-market. Where the heck was it? Behind the building?

#37 8 years ago

I didn't get much because I really couldn't leave my vendor booth for very long, but it felt to me like a lot of variety to choose from.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to say hello, for the many thank yous, and especially to anyone who bought anything. I hope everyone who played my SWE1 enjoyed it. I kept it running until 7 pm... One of the last machines still on.

-Rob
    -visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for Williams 3-7 sound board solutions

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from Alan_L:

Thanks to all who visited my indoor flea market space. I sold all my playfields, aprons, most of my legs, coin boxes, pc boards, even a Jamma and touch screen board and other invaluable stuff.
    Without exception, everyone I met was friendly and a pleasure to deal with. I had a great time. Kind of like Christmas, sorry it's over.
    Much thanks to Ivan, Harry and all the other guys and gals who made this show possible. I hope it grows to be the biggest show in the U.S. It takes far more effort than we realize to pull a show like this off.
    Hope to see you folks in Sturbridge in July and York in October.
    Alan Leroy

Got a playfield off you! Thanks! You were a pleasure to do biz with! Next time you see the playfield, it will be wired up with leds and ready for hanging on the wall as "PinArt" at my booth at the next convention! Stop by and say hi and check it out!
    --Ed LI NY

#39 8 years ago

I would like to say thank you to everyone who stopped by my booth and said hi, or said nice things about my "PinArt" (playfields that I rewire with leds and are made to hand on wall as art) and/or the "gold art", or even just the little pop bumper night lights that I had for sale. I was super nervous to do the convention, and this was my first time doing anything like this, and as usual, the community really made me feel welcomed!
    Thanks again!
    --Ed LI NY

#40 8 years ago

I personally did not take home anything but parts for future restorations.The rest of the clan scored a Godzilla a flash Gordon and a whirlwind

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #41 8 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

My first time at Allentown. Didn't get anything but met a few new friends. Ok I totally forgot there was an outside flea-market. Where the heck was it? Behind the building?

My first time as well and I didn't see an outdoor flea market. Oh well.

Nice show. Loved the Farmer's Market and the pretzeled pizza. Got some LED's and Novus. Thought about that Hollywood Heat, but it didn't happen.

#42 8 years ago

Not to mention her favorite Canadians took home a beautiful clearcoated Pirates of the Caribbean

#43 8 years ago

I got the flooded Pirates of the Caribbean on Friday for $1500. It was worth the risk to me, but I'm sick in the head. Had I had the space in my Element, I would have nabbed that Transformers LE too if it was complete. I saw it was missing the backglass (it was an LE ... that would have been pretty difficult to replace ... I think those had a glass vs. a translite). I didn't bother to check it out since I knew I couldn't fit it and I didn't want to dwell on it if it was complete. He was asking $1800 for that ... I think I could have worked a 2 for 1 deal, but, again, I flat out couldn't fit it with the other stuff I was bringing home.

I *love* projects like this!!! I used to come across various levels of destruction like this all of the time years ago . It brought back some good and bad memories. I actually wanted a PotC, so I figured it'd be worth the risk. If I hit a brick wall, I can save the parts to make a "Sid Meier's Pirates!" custom machine when I retire early and make custom pins for a living (i.e. not going to happen).

Anyway, the good so far :

Turns out that the PotC was complete aside from the lockdown bar, translite, translite trim, translite glass, and DMD. I already have a spare DMD. Translite is on its way.

Playfield is NOT warped nor water damaged which shocked the living hell out of me!!! I expected to see *something* bad. I won't know if it's completely OK to use until I have everything stripped, but it's looking really nice. It doesn't seem to have any wear at all. I didn't find any mold too!

Everything on top of the playfield is cleaning up nicely though I have a LONG LONG LONG way to go (i.e. the toys, plastics, assemblies, etc).

The cabinet is fine (I am replacing the MDF stuff in the head and bottom though). The artwork looks great. Not perfect, but there is no warping of the main cabinet parts. The cabinet will be scrubbed inside and out ... the inside will be repainted. (I do that anyway during a restoration).

The bad so far :

Gonna have to sandblast, tumble, and recoat several metal pieces. Rust! .

There was battery acid damage. I've fixed this a million times on older Bally/Williams games. I gave it a vinegar bath and rinsed it, simple greened it, rinsed again, another vinegar bath, rinsed ... I'm going to power it up tomorrow. That's going to be fun ! So long as that Xilinx PLD is OK, I can repair it if need be (unless I can get the programming file for it). I also soaked parts of the backbox harnesses in the event the acid creeped in the connectors.

I am going to replace the cabinet bottom and head back panel since that material is rather porous and exposed. What shocks me is that it didn't swell up like a balloon. Still, I'd feel better having new MDF. You can clean up the painted stuff ... evil micro-critters won't get in there, but MDF seems like it could hold nasty smells and mold spores.

A few motors are not sealed. I expect to have problems with those. Can't wait to see how that goes .

---

I've done this level of rescue before. First time was a Data East Star Trek and somewhat recently an Addams Family.

I plan on keeping this ... I don't sell System 11 and beyond stuff very often. Seems like a few games I have sold are ones that I really want back (Bride of Pinbot is my biggest regret ... man that BoP 2.0 is frigging sweet and I'd love to have one just to play that!).

If it ever gets put up for sale, the potential buyer WILL know how I got it (I might make my first restoration thread on Pinside ... at a minimum, I'll take enough photos for a teardown archive of this machine in the event someone needs them in the future). I would never sell a machine that I got in this state w/o letting a buyer know. Quite frankly, anything that was in a fire or flood should come with that warning ... there are a lot of bad smells and potentially hazardous organisms (mainly from floods, mold being the biggest concern). If you know what you're doing, you can certainly address those issues. I would hope others do the same. I'd feel like I was ripping someone off if I didn't warn them. This game is by no means hazmat, but it's the decent thing to do when someone plunks down cash for a game.

#44 8 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good for you, Megadeth! Love the "junk"

I stared at that Transformers for a little but just didn't want to pull the trigger.

#45 8 years ago

If that Transformers was complete, it was a deal so long as you can repair stuff yourself . I wonder if someone on Pinside wound up with it ... to be perfectly honest, had I bought that, it would have been restored and traded as I simply don't care for that game ... only thing killing me is that I probably could have landed something really nice in a trade. Oh well .

#46 8 years ago

They raised the price to 2k on tfle it wad pretty bad inside and no backglass and missing boards not a good deal really as you can get that pin for between 4k and 4500 usually

#47 8 years ago

I suspect the "LE" was throwing the seller off on price. I didn't know that it was missing boards too ... OK, I feel a bit better now . I hope someone didn't overpay for it ... w/o boards and backglass, it's mainly a parts machine at that point. You'd be spending at least $1K for all of that assuming you can even find a backglass.

I was also hoping to talk with the seller of that Swords Of Fury and Cyclone that were pretty rough ... they were inside in the front row as you walked inside. I called and texted him ... never heard back. That was before I decided to get that PotC though.

#48 8 years ago

I scored,
    World Cup Soccer 94' missing cpu and Driver, $650 (then bought nos mpu for $200 and clive driver for $140)

2 Bally mystics and extra populated playfield $575

Alien Poker project, no backglass, $300

Gottlieb Hoops, $1000

Freedom Em $175

Nice volcano with new mpu $600

It was awesome.

Oh, and to the guy in the flea market bad mouthing my ''iron man flood game'' to two other people- I was standing right next to you, dink. I was going to correct your lies and misconceptions, but you already looked enough like an ignorant idiot.

This was an epic show, me and bunch of buds had some late night drinks and played Volcano in my room on Friday

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

For me personally:
    AFM playfield
    Pile of speaker kits
    Black and White DMD for my TZ
    Pile of LEDs
    Pile of misc rubbers

I do believe I scored the TOTAN. Very excited.

#50 8 years ago

Picked up...

- Bad Cats PF

- LEDS for Rollergames

- Some misc rubbers

- A few parts, mostly for flipper rebuilds.

Pinhead moment of the show for me was when my buddy and I saw those three Xenons in a row in the outdoor flea market. I said, "That's quite a few Xenons." He replied "I guess you could say... Three-non."

I laughed for an unreasonable amount of time at that corny joke and later, when there was only two left, I was a little sad.

Great show!

There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-what-did-you-score and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.