Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 135 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinchroma
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20130503_222624.jpg
    IMG_20130503_195550_1.jpg
    shooter2.jpg
    shooter1.JPG
    945536_4819723175477_223676668_n.jpg
    397950_4819722935471_1063593475_n.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 10 years ago

Did not to get to go to Allentown.

Looked like there was a ton of games there.

So what did you guys and girls come home with??

#2 10 years ago

I only came back with some LED's and some small parts for a friends Getaway so nothing much here. Wasn't aggressively looking but the prices were high on most of what I was looking for.

#3 10 years ago

No games bought for me this time.

Bought a Fish Tales plastic keychain for my FT keys and also I bought a PinFest polo shirt.

That's it! I had no real agenda or need to fulfill this go-round. 5 months until York.

#4 10 years ago

I didn't go, but some friends picked me up a manual for my R911 machine.

#5 10 years ago

Were there any Bingo pins for sale or even set up to play but NFS? Thanks, Bruce

#6 10 years ago

I think I bought something from every vendor! It's awesome to have such a great turnout of them there. A headphone jack setup for when my METpro arrives from pinnovators(awesome people), some misc. leds from Melissa at cointaker(and a hug!), a flipper led button kit, some decals from k's arcade, visited Mike at Flipper Fidelity and thanked him for being so great with me on my purchase of a METpro thru him, grabbed some stuff from Marco, awesome booth they had set up, met Curly from Little shop of games and talked to him about some parts I need that he will be sending me, what a great guy, admired all the amazing ramps that Pinball Inc. makes, what a great asset they are to have, visited with Bruce and his father at Pin Lifters, great little family business they have going, talked with Jim Knight at Rottendog and he helped me with a board I have in my Wh2o he gave me advice on and new chip for it, what a great guy! Notice a pattern here, I love talking with these vendors, great people, great products, without them where would we be. Thank You to all of them for making the show absolutely amazing.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Were there any Bingo pins for sale or even set up to play but NFS? Thanks, Bruce

No bingo's but lots of nice em's

#8 10 years ago

I picked up a new topper for my Whirlwind, my old one is sooooo yellowed. Got a great deal on new displays for Gorgar from Rottendog. All the vendors were super nice. Wish I could have met a few Pinsiders while I was there Friday. Great job once again Ivan!

#9 10 years ago

Bought a license plate holder.
    Pinball machine prices too inflated right now.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#10 10 years ago

Did not go, but had a friend pick up an NOS Time Fantasy Pf and a free Soccer Kings backglass.

#11 10 years ago

Got a new Baywatch translite...20 bucks! I was stoked, great price

#12 10 years ago

Picked up the sweet Fathom, some glass, a couple boards, some random parts, etc.....

Great show!

#13 10 years ago

Dr who ramps, decals, glass, steak and beer.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Dr who ramps, decals, glass, steak and beer.

Hey Man, Very nice to meet you at the show! Hope I gave you enough info and specifics on Woz. let me know if you have any other questions.

#15 10 years ago

Tried to by a Starship Troopers, but was a little high for the price and couldn't get a better deal. Also tried for a Maverick, but it was gone when I went back to look at it again

#16 10 years ago

My daughter and I went for her 11th birthday. Came back with a nice haul. My daughter got a show T-shirt and a custom neon pinball sign. Also picked up a Cointaker premium LED's for my WH2O. But the big purchase was a long awaited AFM. Jim, you should come up and play it.

#17 10 years ago

I had 1400 bucks with me and wanted that Police Force but the guy wouldn't budge off 1900.

Granted it was in FANTASTIC shape but he just wouldn't move.

#18 10 years ago

Was not able to go.Anyone got any good stories ?

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Hey Man, Very nice to meet you at the show! Hope I gave you enough info and specifics on Woz. let me know if you have any other questions.

Good meeting you as we'll. Ill be in touch.

#20 10 years ago

My big purchase was the Baywatch from the free play area. It wasn't on my list of pins I was looking for coming to the show, but it was a nice surprise. Great pf layout, funny call outs and a huge DMD...oh, and plenty of chicks in bathing suits.

I also grabbed a few sets of flipper rubbers, leg levelers and rubber shoes. Overal an A++ show IMO.

#21 10 years ago

I actually bought a new Pachinko machine and its really fun. Or at least more fun then i thought it would be. I went with the intention of buying a good project pin but prices were out of my reach. Apparently the show "actually" opened Thursday night to none public personal and i suspect all the good deals went that night. Lame. Should have never sold my BSD All in all i really enjoyed the show and would go again. A great place to get any part under the sun and meet a bunch of great people! And thanks Jack for bringing your Wizard of Oz machines! They to were much more fun then i thought they would be

397950_4819722935471_1063593475_n.jpg397950_4819722935471_1063593475_n.jpg 945536_4819723175477_223676668_n.jpg945536_4819723175477_223676668_n.jpg

#22 10 years ago

I picked up a bunch of LEDs, a HK ship for T2, cliffys for SS, sheets of glass.

Oh yea, WoZ too!

#23 10 years ago

Whirlwind ramps from pinball inc.!!! 3 project pins, & a system 11 mpu from Rottendog. Spoke with Doug Huse for a little bit, good to see him surface again. Met Larry who was representing CPR & also spoke to the guy from Mirco. He loved the show & said he'd be back again next year.

#24 10 years ago

Does A-town have the big outside flea market?

#25 10 years ago

Got all new ramps for creech and wh20, shiny new leg levellers for a few games in need, an awesome rolling rock mirror, leds, 2 new sheets of playfield glass and a new playfield window for creech. I am a happy camper!

#26 10 years ago
    Quoted from mojozone:

Does A-town have the big outside flea market?

It wasn't huge. Maybe 10-12 different " vendors" out there?

#27 10 years ago

Picked up Revenge From Mars & Star Wars Ep 1 for 3200$
    Great weather and seeing pin friends made it even better

No reason to be in the hobby if you can't share the passion

Next year again !!

James

HEY HAVE YOU SEEN MY PIN CART !?!

#28 10 years ago

Picked up the TFTC, playfield was a bit dirty but has zero wear(except around the out hole) and the flippers were toast.......think its gonna clean up really nice! It was a great show. Thanks to everyone who made it happen, especially to those who brought machines for free play.
    Can't wait for next year!

#29 10 years ago

Those sweet plate holders available online anywhere?

#30 10 years ago

First pin show for me, picked up an AFM playfield from Mirco, set of speakers and a red DMD from Mike at Bay Dist, got the complete ramp set for AFM and a complete plastic set, 5 new pieces of glass, lots of cointaker LEDS(like I really needed more), a Homer Simpson shooter rod, one of those cool step stools from Marco for the grandson. A couple more odds and ends as well. I was looking to get a High Speed 2, there were 2 of them, but just a little too high for me.

#31 10 years ago

I bought 1 LED.

#32 10 years ago

I was going to get one of those stools for my son until they told me they were $25. I'm not cheap by any means but that was nuts. 10 bucks maybe even 15 I would have bought one but 25 was over the top.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/66-STEP

And here is why:

http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/80159519/

#33 10 years ago

While walking out the door late Sat I got 2 Bar lights of Marvel characters, one Amazing SM & the other a combo of IM,SM,CA & Wolverine..He said he had a couple early, sold out, then got a few more at the very end..He had a lot of nice gameroom stuff in the booth, nice guy, said he may go to York after the nice reception he got at Allentown..

I also picked up a huge bag of assorted black rubber rings & posts from the Marco guys (Great to talk to) for only $20! They said they sold out their silverjet pinballs (over 100) in the 1st 2hrs of the show...I couldn't get them to sell me the Avengers banners though

Picked up some fuses, couple of plastics and some flashers..I debated some of the t-shirts but passed for $20 ea...

I thought about making an offer on LW3 but after they opened an X-Men pro for the tournament, I decided to keep my eye (and $$$) on the machine I really want next..

#34 10 years ago

Jim, I picked up my WoZLE from Jack and it's now here in Ohio. Missed you on the trip.

Will get something planned soon.

Bill

#35 10 years ago

Picked up a FT ramp for a future restore, some keyfobs, 2 sheets of invisiglass and a few LED's since the ones i wanted were all gone. Got that license plate border and sticker a pinsider was selling but not sure i have the guts to put it on my car.

Reaaaaaaly wish there were more vendors/selection.. had money to spend but not much to spend it on.

#36 10 years ago

Blue DMD from Pupo for Tron (it looks great)

80 dollars worth of LED's

A mega white rubber kit and silver jet balls from Macro

#37 10 years ago

picked up a new funhouse playfield, and a couple hundred LED's, also 1 of the vendors outside has a tube filled with new side rails. 4 gold and 4 regular for 60$

also have a big hole in my gameroom. sold off a bunch of machines. enjoy that afm hanford

#38 10 years ago

A Whirlwind, a new soldering iron, and a couple other odds and ends. Oh....and some new swag at the Iron Pigs game Saturday night!

#39 10 years ago

You bought that whirlwind from the free play area? Was that one originally for sale or was it a different one.

#40 10 years ago

Picked up a Central PA pin T Shirt, an embroidered Pinfest Polo, a DMD driver from Rottendog, and a Pool Sharks that had a shopped playfield but a crap backglass. I think I'm the only one on the planet that really likes this game.

Ate at outback twice. Worst Outback I have ever been to. It was so bad the first night, I had to go back the second night to make sure I wasn't dreaming that the first night sucked so bad.

Saw all of my good friends and customers, new and old, that I have been fortunate to meet over the 14 years I have done the show.

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from BillP:

Jim, I picked up my WoZLE from Jack and it's now here in Ohio. Missed you on the trip.
    Will get something planned soon.
    Bill

Bill,

Nice meeting. Use the Woz well

Mark

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

You bought that Whirlwind from the free play area? Was that one originally for sale or was it a different one.

No, wasn't in the freeplay area - was from one of the dealers just across the isle from the first row of free play. Bought it within the first half-hour. Very good condition - not excellent. But plays 100%, ramps are in great shape, play field bright with minimal wear, 100% LED's. Happy with the purchase.

You'll probably get to see parts of it eventually - we are thinking of giving this one the full bling treatment with powder coating the rails, bar and legs and the habit rail! Your work is pretty spectacular.

#43 10 years ago

Bought a blackwater100 , also bought the extreme hunting video game, bought let's of flipper rubbers,ct LEDs , and numerous other parts and manuals from the flea market
    Left with 4000.00 cash came home with 50.00
    Almost had to go to the cash machine

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from amalongi:

No, wasn't in the freeplay area - was from one of the dealers just across the isle from the first row of free play. Bought it within the first half-hour. Very good condition - not excellent. But plays 100%, ramps are in great shape, play field bright with minimal wear, 100% LED's. Happy with the purchase.
    You'll probably get to see parts of it eventually - we are thinking of giving this one the full bling treatment with powder coating the rails, bar and legs and the habit rail! Your work is pretty spectacular.

Thanks so much for the kind words! Absolutely, let me know what you are thinking.

#45 10 years ago

Picked up a fully working Party Zone with a new MPU and near perfect playfield in the flea market for $1300.

-BB

#46 10 years ago

Bought a LOTR "one ring" shooter from Pinside member Indy500.

Before and after pics

shooter1.JPGshooter1.JPG shooter2.jpgshooter2.jpg

#47 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

I was going to get one of those stools for my son until they told me they were $25. I'm not cheap by any means but that was nuts. 10 bucks maybe even 15 I would have bought one but 25 was over the top.
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/66-STEP
    And here is why:
    http://m.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/art/80159519/

+ 1 that where i bought the two for my Grand Kids! All we need is a cool sticker to
    put on them.

#48 10 years ago

Quoted from Nilroc:Bought a license plate holder.
    Pinball machine prices too inflated right now.

I bought a set of these,but won't work in Oregon since the month & year stickers go on the bottom.

#49 10 years ago

I bought the stool from marco. it was only $20 for me on friday. saw the ikea link. guess the stickers cost me the extra 12 bucks. can't complain since it works perfectly for my 3 and 5 year old girls. then can see and reach everything standing on it. it is just the right height. i also got a blue x pin led dmd from mike p at flipper fidelity. finally, i got two sheets of invisiglass (std and wide) from joe at pinball star. met some really nice pinsiders as well. it was a good day all in all.

#50 10 years ago

I bought full set of ramps for FH, and my TOM; a sheet of on sale invisiglass for my STTNG (it is truly incredible to see in person- my wife didn't believe it was there until she touched it- I told her I added a forcefield).

Got ton's of led's, and assorted other goodies.

My brother went to town- I'm sure he'll chime in (drjeff). He got some expensive but sweet deals.

I also got to meet and talk to a number of fellow pinsiders and other who I've met over the years from my new section writing for GameRoom mag (may she rest in peace).

A good show all around.

There are 135 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-what-did-you-buy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.