Topic Stats

• 912 posts
  • 229 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 459 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC07734.JPG
DSC08787.JPG
397899-i.jpg
397898-i.jpg
397896-i.jpg
image.jpg
image-395.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2614.JPG
IMG_2615.JPG
IMG_2619.JPG
IMG_2613.JPG
IMG_2618.JPG
IMG_4082.JPG

There are 912 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 19.
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Great meeting you, too! (Although I kept calling you "Big D" to my wife because I couldn't remember your name...but now I do!) See you tomorrow...

Lol every 1 does but its darin lol most remember katie tho lol

#802 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That one sold for 2600 and someone put it back up for 4k which is ridiculous but people can ask what they want dont mean it will sell .Maybe ill just sell the guy mine for 2700 , Ive only ever seen one sell at 3 and it was perfect and had a topper and powdercoat but I do agree its a hot title that seems to be going up towards 3k just like Shadow did and many other of the bang for buck titles which sucks bc thats what I love . I meant alot of people today that want pins and I told them what I have been selling ones for and they said that im selling them to cheap for how nice they are . Imnot out to make money as its not my business and I just sell what I have in them not even getting paid for all my time. Whatever I do it bc I love to do it . Ill tell him about it wnere wil you be ?

Ill be there all day. Games are all on free play and work great. My number is on the machines also. If they are still there at the end of the day, someone really might get some steals.

#803 4 years ago

Ok ill find you thax

#804 4 years ago

O yea looking to buy junk yard or met pro if anyone sees this and is coming tomorrow pm me thax

#805 4 years ago

Still have Demolition Man, Earthshaker (with dropping building), Firepower and Robocop looking for new forever homes. I have to hit the road before 3pm so don't wait for show close.

#806 4 years ago

Good to meet everyone yesterday! We are heading back shortly. Looking to buy now since we sold too much stuff and are currently equipped with cash and room on the truck

I have to say it was great...yes, we sold a ton, but beyond that it was good to just see new friends and old ones. As the years go by there are more and more people that I know and that know me. The first Pinfest I went to, I knew nobody and this year it seems like every 5 minutes I see people I know..it's all good!

#807 4 years ago

X-Files is still available and on the Freeplay floor. Everytime I walked by someone was playing it. Some neat shots on it and the file cabinet is working perfectly.

#808 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

X-files is still available and on the Freeplay floor. Everytime I walked by someone was playing it. Some neat shots on it and the file cabinet is working perfectly.

That is a nice machine!

I wish I hadn't had to take Pinball Magic home last night. Yes, it had some issues, but people really seemed to like it.

Chris

#809 4 years ago

X files looked nice and played fine. Good luck butch. Wish I could grab it.

#810 4 years ago

price drop
led modded t2 -2000
led Dracula - 3000
both games look great and play perfectly
come get em while they are still here!

#811 4 years ago

price drop
led modded t2 -2000
led Dracula - 3000
both games look great and play perfectly
come get em while they are still here!

#812 4 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Ok so we decided to load up a bunch of games at the sanctum to bring for free play/sale and tournament bank use. Congo and rack em up will be in tournament. Skate ball Blackwater 100 and fire will be for sale. All of our games are set up and are used weekly for tournament and league play. No issues with the playing of the games at all.
Blackwater 100. Clean game good playfield. Can has some bumps and bruises but very solid. Artwork good. New trough opto boards. Clean/shopped/waxed. 1500$.
Skateball. Back glass is great. Cabinet is very good and bright and clean for the age. Playfield had some wear that looked to be touched up. Clean boards. Altek MPU Clean/shopped/waxed 950$
Fire is owned by my buddy. Not sure on his price.

I bought your Fire! Thanks Steve for selling it to me. I set it up this morning (first photo). Right now it is off in a corner by the wood stove & window.

When I move it to its permanent location, it is probably going to be near its Williams siblings Fish Tales and Comet (at the far end on the right).

Thanks!

DSC08787.JPG DSC07734.JPG
#813 4 years ago

Who owned that Whirlwind? I think it was the nicest one I've ever seen!

#814 4 years ago

Just got back!
Scared Stiff Big Framed Poster sold in 5 minutes! Didn't even bother with the other stuff. Played some pinball! Hobbit was fun, but I suck! Lebowski looked VERY cool...but the line was too long. Pinball Circus was fantastic! He even took the glass out for me and I took some video! Got to hang out with a bunch of Pinsiders and do a little drinking! Thanks Mark! They found me pretty easy 6' 2 in a Hawaiian Shirt!

#815 4 years ago

Congrats to everyone who made it to Allentown. I had to miss this year, which is a bit depressing. All the same, I am enjoying reading the various Pinfest threads and thus experiencing it vicariously. 'Gotta make it back next year!

P.S. I console myself with the thought that I saved thousands of dollars by not going. I never go with the intention of buying another pin, but I always do. Last year, it was a really nice TZ--which I believe I'll play right now, come to think of it.

#816 4 years ago
#817 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Welp....all packed up and ready to head out early in the AM. Made a batch of fresh cookie dough and baked them off tonight......got a few dozen. I'll stash them in my machine.....if anyone needs a snack during the show just send me a message and I'll be happy to give you one If you are bringing kids it's the perfect bribe!! Haha
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That was one hell of a cookie chef ! Thanks

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcadebrothers:

That was one hell of a cookie chef ! Thanks

Your welcome man!! Thanks for bringing the manual out to me....perfect shape just like the pin!!

#819 4 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

TRAFFIC LIGHT (LED) - $250

That traffic light was cool...I was temped to make you an offer but I was afraid you would say yes...

#820 4 years ago

In a word...WOW!!! What a show! So much fun. Allentown is the place to be if you love pinball shows. Ivan is the best and works so hard every year to make the show a great and exciting one. He TOTALLY out did himself with the show expansion. Tons of people with plenty of room to move around. Tons of nice games and most of all, it was so great to meet so many fellow Pinsiders this year. You guys are all great and the pleasure was all mine.

Thank you to everyone who brought games to the show. They are always the stars of the show. There were truly some AWESOME games at the show too. Highlights for me were definitely The Hobbit, TBL, Pinball Circus and MMR. Gwaxt72 and Gecko had an amazing booth choke full of awesome games including the nicest LOTR I've ever seen. I think the best game there was that gorgeous restored Hurricane. I wonder who brought that? J/K!!!

A special thanks to the unsung heroes of the show...the volunteers.

You never really hear much about them. You hardly even know they're there because they work so fast and efficiently. They work so well together and truly make a great team. it's absolutely mind blowing how smoothly this show is run every year. At the end of the day, it's easy to see why. Ivan and his staff do such a tremendous job and work really hard to make this such a great event and they never disappoint. From load in to set up to show time to break down and every thing else in between, this show flows smoother than melted butter in a hot frying pan.

So thank you to everyone who sacrificed fully enjoying the show by working the event so we all could have a great time. You guys rock and have truly made Allentown the best of the best!

Only 362 more days till Alentown 2016!!!

#821 4 years ago

Well said Pinfidel!

#822 4 years ago

Thanks Eric. Glad we had a chance to hang out my brothah. You had some awesome games at the show my friend and are a true asset to the hobby.

#823 4 years ago

Well said Derek!

#824 4 years ago

chef, those cookies were awesome!

#825 4 years ago

Thanks John. It was awesome talking to you for awhile. Congrats on your BF selling. I played it and thought it was nice. Solid price too. Can't wait to see you and your brother both in July.

#826 4 years ago
#827 4 years ago

I FINALLY had a chance to see and play a Black Rose! Wow...fantastic game!

#828 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

loved it when i first bought it but the broadside shot up the middle over and over to get your score crankin' gets boring.

#829 4 years ago

Got ya! I only played 10 minutes and it seemed like there was plenty of stuff going on on that playfield...

#830 4 years ago

Was it just me, or were the siderail edges on that beautiful Whirlwind really sharp? I nearly cut my thumbs open when I first gripped the fiipper buttons!

#831 4 years ago

Anyone tempted to buy that "restored" Lost in Space for $3600? No LEDs, the spinner didn't work - which of course is the major feature of the game.

#832 4 years ago

Looks like a pretty nifty machine....not for that price though. I was wondering WHAT you had to do to get it spinning.....guess, now I know...

#833 4 years ago

There is a relay mounted under pf on lost in space. It prob failed. Not easy part to find

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Congrats to everyone who made it to Allentown. I had to miss this year, which is a bit depressing. All the same, I am enjoying reading the various Pinfest threads and thus experiencing it vicariously. 'Gotta make it back next year!
P.S. I console myself with the thought that I saved thousands of dollars by not going. I never go with the intention of buying another pin, but I always do. Last year, it was a really nice TZ--which I believe I'll play right now, come to think of it.

I'm right there with you Craig - my Boss wouldn't let me go on Thursday and although I was supposed to be heading out on Friday - I got called in to work. It sucks, but I'm happy to be working - it supports my pinball habits.

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

The one that had the cannon cliffy was tough to play as the cliffy and the cannon plastic (possibly warped?) seemed to make the ball do strange things. Also, the cannon didn't fire that strongly making the broadside shot nearly impossible to make. If you have the game dialed in, its pretty fun.

#836 4 years ago
Quoted from annex:

Looks like I'll be bringing Rollergames and Truckstop both to be set up in the hall on free play and for sale.Rollergames 1.JPG (Click image to enlarge)truckstop 1.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Those were setup right next to my T2, I thoroughly enjoyed playing both. Wish I could have sold the T2 to buy the Rollergames, it was sweet. And the Truck Stop was fun too!

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from Calibur2:

Dracula under 3000 is most likely a thing of the past. There is one there priced at 4000 in similar condition. This one is fully LED, shopped out and rubbered, everything 100 %, bright bright red on the cabinet. Tell him to come early and make me an offer, I want to move it.

I disagree 100%. I sold my BSD for $1900 at the last York show. Zero PF wear, 100% working with full Cointaker LEDs. Side art was faded out but cab was solid. People keep wanting BSD to be expensive but it ain't gonna happen. There's too many of them.

#838 4 years ago

NJGecko had a BSD at Allentown that was in fine condition and I think he had $2,200 (or so) on it. This game seems to mostly sell around $1,800-$2,000 in my experience. It's not been my experience to see this game priced over $2,500.

#839 4 years ago
Quoted from bjsilverballs:

I disagree 100%. I sold my BSD for $1900 at the last York show. Zero PF wear, 100% working with full Cointaker LEDs. Side art was faded out but cab was solid. People keep wanting BSD to be expensive but it ain't gonna happen. There's too many of them.

It's all depending on the market. We had a BSD at York that we almost had to pay someone to buy, but the one we had at Allentown went for a lot more, and a lot quicker!

Sub-$2500 BSDs are actually pretty rare these days. Two years ago they were $1500 all day long....

#840 4 years ago

Anyone else see the Metallica playfield that was peeling after being open for one day? it was right in front of the Sparky magnet.

#841 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Anyone else see the Metallica playfield that was peeling after being open for one day? it was right in front of the Sparky magnet.

Yeah that was nasty!

#842 4 years ago

I just sold my Dracula for $3200. It was unfaded and really sweet. Leds, etc.

Just an idea of the pricing. Nice ones are somewhat rare.. while player's condition bsd are readily available.

I didn't see the draw to the pin after I owned it for awhile. Glad to sell.

#843 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I just sold my Dracula for $3200. It was unfaded and really sweet. Leds, etc.
Just an idea of the pricing. Nice ones are somewhat rare.. while player's condition bsd are readily available.
I didn't see the draw to the pin after I owned it for awhile. Glad to sell.

I've owned it three times personally, and I agree...it's not for me. Iron Man however I love. I see it as the Stern-equivalent to BSD. Fast, furious, and brutal.

#844 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

That is a nice machine!
I wish I hadn't had to take Pinball Magic home last night. Yes, it had some issues, but people really seemed to like it.
Chris

I played it Chris. You have a VERY VERY NICE sample of the game. Thanks for bringing it!

#845 4 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I've owned it three times personally, and I agree...it's not for me. Iron Man however I love. I see it as the Stern-equivalent to BSD. Fast, furious, and brutal.

Yep. I found the pin boring and gloomy. Zero "fun" factor. In fact, I find my flintstones to be the much more fun pin.

Clearly we're in the minority. To each their own.

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Who owned that Whirlwind? I think it was the nicest one I've ever seen!

That was mine

#847 4 years ago

That BSD actually sold for $2300 on Saturday..day 2

Then it was put back in the show at the 'not for sale' price of 4k

I've found that even if you put 'not for sale' you still get bombarded with 'how much' questions.

Putting a stupid price on them completely eliminated this...thus it was a successful experiment

Quoted from bigd1979:

That one sold for 2600 and someone put it back up for 4k which is ridiculous but people can ask what they want dont mean it will sell .Maybe ill just sell the guy mine for 2700 , Ive only ever seen one sell at 3 and it was perfect and had a topper and powdercoat but I do agree its a hot title that seems to be going up towards 3k just like Shadow did and many other of the bang for buck titles which sucks bc thats what I love . I meant alot of people today that want pins and I told them what I have been selling ones for and they said that im selling them to cheap for how nice they are . Imnot out to make money as its not my business and I just sell what I have in them not even getting paid for all my time. Whatever I do it bc I love to do it . Ill tell him about it wnere wil you be ?

#848 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Yep. I found the pin boring and gloomy. Zero "fun" factor. In fact, I find my Flintstones to be the much more fun pin.
Clearly we're in the minority. To each their own.

Got to play BSD for the first time this weekend and I was seriously wondering WTF all the hype was about. I read about BSD being such a terrific game, but to me it looks very plain and boring and I didn't have any fun playing it. Tried and tried to like it, came back to it many times to give it a shot, but no love from me.

#849 4 years ago

^^^That's one of the great things about pinball. What one person loves, another may hate and vice-versa. There's something for everyone.

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Got to play BSD for the first time this weekend and I was seriously wondering WTF all the hype was about. I read about BSD being such a terrific game, but to me it looks very plain and boring and I didn't have any fun playing it. Tried and tried to like it, came back to it many times to give it a shot, but no love from me.

Yep, to each his/her own!

Every title is subjective. MM...had one, hated it.

But tastes also change, so you never know...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Heerhugowaard, NH
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenville, SC
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 96.77
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball-Mods.com
$ 224.99
$ 89.99
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Latenight Weeknight Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 912 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 19.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside