Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by NJGecko
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2015-05-01 13.17.16.jpg
    2015-05-05 20.30.50.jpg
    PA090215.jpg
    20150504_232608-9.jpg
    20150504_232558.jpg
    20150504_204701.jpg
    20150504_204645.jpg
    20150504_204613.jpg
    20150504_204605.jpg

#1 8 years ago

To all the pinsiders that stopped by our booth and purchased games and parts, Greg and I would like to thank everyone.

Stay Tuned as we are going to have a BBQ/Pinball tent party in the near future. and yes Rhea and Sarah will be bartending.

Big thanks and shout out to Ivan for a awesome show..

Thankyou
    Rob

#2 8 years ago

Always a blast to hang with you all thank you all for everything . The girls were a great touch and a good reason you sold everything lol jk

#3 8 years ago

Missed ya this year Rob and Pinfest unfortunately. Congrats on a good showing.

#4 8 years ago

This years pinfest Best show I've been to.

#5 8 years ago

I like BBQ's and girls

#6 8 years ago

You had the nicest games in the whole place once again, not counting AMH, WOZ, Hobbit or Big Lebowski but they're brand new so that's different. Always have fun visiting your booth and drooling over your collection of games. Sorry I never made it back from the hood to play Circus Voltaire late night VIP style.

#7 8 years ago

Very happy to have find parts and some plastics at your booth, very nice people there

#8 8 years ago

Rob Had some great pins, and great prices, Big Thank you to him for bring down a Safecracker I bought
    from him a few weeks ago. I am sure we'll be dealing again. Great guys and nice Girls
    What a great show, best yet

#9 8 years ago

Thanks all...fantastic show, we had a blast!

We really enjoyed seeing old friends and making some new ones!

Despite some technical difficulties with playfield glass (twice!) it was great.

The thought of going back to our "real" world tomorrow is rough (Rob and I have real jobs you know!)
    But stay tuned for the open house at the shop....!

2015-05-01 13.17.16.jpg2015-05-01 13.17.16.jpg
    #10 8 years ago

You guys had a great booth as always! Rob that LOTR looked sweet. Nice work buddy see you in New England!

#11 8 years ago

Was that new glass from the guys right across from ya? I bought a couple of sheets at the show and stuck them on my pins. About 3 hours later when I was packing up I pulled the new glass off..turned around with it and it exploded in my hands.

Quoted from NJGecko:

Thanks all...fantastic show, we had a blast!
    We really enjoyed seeing old friends and making some new ones!
    Despite some technical difficulties with playfield glass (twice!) it was great.
    The thought of going back to our "real" world tomorrow is rough (Rob and I have real jobs you know!)
    But stay tuned for the open house at the shop....!

2015-05-01 13.17.16.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

#12 8 years ago

Gwaxt72 is a great guy to deal with. I've bought two machines from him.

#13 8 years ago

What's the deal with the pinfest?

Friday must be the day to go

I got there mid afternoon on Saturday.

Most of the pins were EM machines and there was about 5 people for every machine.

People were camped out on the SS machines so long that we finally gave up.

So I played some EMs and bought a few parts.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Most of the pins were EM machines and there was about 5 people for every machine.

Yes, friday is the day to go. By mid-day Saturday, almost all the SS games have been packed up and carted away. This can be because:
    -A small portion of them fail in some way, and need repairs.
    -The machine was sold and the new owner doesn't want to leave leave their new purchase on the show floor to get routed/damaged in some way.
    -The owner of the machine has to leave or planned on leaving on Saturday to drive back home.

I wonder if Saturday would go better if the show were extended to a half-day on Sunday. I have no idea of what it would cost to rent the space for a third day--it might not be financially feasible.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

We Started packing up around 1pm on Saturday, Friday is the best day but also a 12 hour day.
    It seemed that by 3pm the show was winding down.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I like BBQ's and girls

who doesnt !. : P

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

It's a very different vibe each day. Friday was a huge day for buyers/sellers. Saturday tends to be much more family oriented.

#18 8 years ago

Best bunch of pins at the show. Wish I could have crammed one more macines in my van. It was great meeting you both.

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tokkentakker:

Best bunch of pins at the show. Wish I could have crammed one more macines in my van. It was great meeting you both.

They are like Jell-O...always room for more!

See everyone soon!

#20 8 years ago

Rob and the rest of the crew were a pleasure to deal with. I bought that Indy 500 that was malfunctioning and Rob was real upfront (and accurate) about what was wrong with it. I thought the price was very fair and it included some refreshments for my gal and I. Here's what it looks like after i made love to it for 20 hours or so. Awesome game from an credible seller...

20150504_204605.jpg20150504_204605.jpg 20150504_204613.jpg20150504_204613.jpg 20150504_204645.jpg20150504_204645.jpg 20150504_204701.jpg20150504_204701.jpg 20150504_232558.jpg20150504_232558.jpg 20150504_232608-9.jpg20150504_232608-9.jpg
    #21 8 years ago

Wow...that thing shined right up!

#22 8 years ago

Indeed. I led'd it, repainted the coin door and buffed the crap out of a bunch of stuff but I'm not done with it yet. Had to get it into the lineup for a while first I have it jacked up to 6.1 with 4 coats of wax. Faster than fast. Also replaced the cabinet speaker, midrange backbox speakers with some more efficient ones and added an external sub. this thing kicks ass. to think i almost lost because I didn't put a deposit down on the first visit makes me cringe. We were about to go get some lunch and i said "let's just go confirm with Rob that we want it" and when we walked over some other dude had his mitts on it. 5 more minutes and it would have been gone. Thanks again i will buy more stuff from you guys for sure. You the dude with the long hair?

RB

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

Indeed. I led'd it, repainted the coin door and buffed the crap out of a bunch of stuff but I'm not done with it yet. Had to get it into the lineup for a while first I have it jacked up to 6.1 with 4 coats of wax. Faster than fast. Also replaced the cabinet speaker, midrange backbox speakers with some more efficient ones and added an external sub. this thing kicks ass. to think i almost lost because I didn't put a deposit down on the first visit makes me cringe. We were about to go get some lunch and i said "let's just go confirm with Rob that we want it" and when we walked over some other dude had his mitts on it. 5 more minutes and it would have been gone. Thanks again i will buy more stuff from you guys for sure. You the dude with the long hair?
    RB

wowza looks like it came out real nice, other than the cpu any other major issues ? other than the dirt ?

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from Gwaxt72:

wowza looks like it came out real nice, other than the cpu any other major issues ? other than the dirt ?

burnt connector you showed me. one other loose connector and some type of back connection thing on one of the lit targets. all have been fixed temporarily til i get back at it. I know what every problem is so everything is cool! we love the game!!!! thanks man. I will be back for more

#25 8 years ago

Here's a little gem Rob hooked me up with, Got to meet NJgecko too for the first time. This was pre bought, picked up at Pinfest. Class act guys Thanks, plays great
    PA090215.jpgPA090215.jpg

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from 80spit:

Here's a little gem Rob hooked me up with, Got to meet NJgecko too for the first time. This was pre bought, picked up at Pinfest. Class act guys Thanks, plays great
    PA090215.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Nice! She's a fun game...my daughter play-tested it at the shop and loved it!

#27 8 years ago

And just so it's clear...the two sheets of glass that shattered at the show may have been in Rob's hands, but I'm not immune either...this was last night.

2015-05-05 20.30.50.jpg2015-05-05 20.30.50.jpg
    #28 8 years ago

THAT SUCKS!!! Joe

#29 8 years ago

you guys better lay off the fireball for a while lol...

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

And just so it's clear...the two sheets of glass that shattered at the show may have been in Rob's hands, but I'm not immune either...this was last night.

2015-05-05 20.30.50.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Is it have anything to do with tge weather getting warm/hot?

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from bigd1979:

Is it have anything to do with tge weather getting warm/hot?

Nah. The two casualties at the show were bizarre. One exploded in Rob's hands.

The backglass I lost last night was my own damn fault...

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

Nah. The two casualties at the show were bizarre. One exploded in Rob's hands.
    The backglass I lost last night was my own damn fault...

O ok

#33 8 years ago

There was another piece of new glass that exploded in my friends hands as he took it out of Black Rose Saturday. Never even touched anything, just exploded in his hands. Was just purchased the day before at the glass stand.

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

There was another piece of new glass that exploded in my friends hands as he took it out of Black Rose Saturday. Never even touched anything, just exploded in his hands. Was just purchased the day before at the glass stand.

Definitely not the glass guy's issue though. The two sheets we had were on machines we brought out.

I also have bought from the glass guy off-season and never had any issues.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from Kawydud:

poof, invisiglass

#36 8 years ago

I have bought plenty of glass from him as well, wasn't pointing fingers. Just never seen a piece of glass blow up in someones hands before. It was noted that the glass felt very warm before it broke.

#37 8 years ago

deposit friction.

#38 8 years ago

Ahhh really wish I could have made it!

Sounds like you guys had a jaw dropping LOTR lol

Oh well I'll stop by the shop next week after I get back from vacation as a consolation prize

#39 8 years ago

Looking forward to the BBQ. Hopefully I can make it

#40 8 years ago

Looks like tentative date will be June 20th. We will iron out the details and hours in the next couple weeks. We will have food, drinks, and pinballs. I will set-up a tent outside with about 20 machines, along with the machines that are in the shop. should be 40 or so total to play. mostly A-listers

Quoted from Butch2099:Looking forward to the BBQ. Hopefully I can make it

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-thankyou and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.