Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 444 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by hazmat7719
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190503_174231 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4591 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3154_1481578557 (resized).jpg
    1e3fc843317159e5d2fdafb7a679f29de2fbbdaa (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    9ad7b7de064b9fc7d16ae9a93a09e2256ea71f54 (resized).jpg
    image-4 (resized).jpg
    image-6 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190508-113032_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20190508_054754 (resized).jpg
    77169A18-29DD-4480-BACE-4030644A3BD6 (resized).jpeg
    20190503_153325_resized (resized).jpg
    0 (resized).jpg
    Bad Cat Jack (resized).jpg
    Todd Tuckey 2019 (resized).jpg
    Oscur (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wawa777.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#131 4 years ago

Another limited, personal, subjective perspective of a first timer (probably one of the bad guys):

I arrived around 1.30PM on Friday and was surprised by the line at the entry, because I didn't expect that. Naively I thought that this might be a good time and fill more and more up towards the evening with people leaving work. But it looked worse than it was. It took me ca. 15 minutes and I was in. I found it a bit confusing that the second booth for the tickets wasn't manned.

So I went in, not knowing what to expect. It was crowded, noisy and in the first minutes a bit overwhelming. As an introvert it was definitely not the environment I excel, but it was fascinating as well.

I walked through the show looking here and there just observing. People acted friendly, respectfully, stood in line and rotated through when required. The flea market area was great to take a breath - less crowded and not as loud... After the first impression and first round I began to play at the machines that were free and stepped away as soon somebody stood behind me and I lost my third ball. People who where watching the machine next to the ones I wanted to play, went out of the way without me needing to say anything.

I liked the fact that some parents were there and brought their kids as well. For some this might be the beginning of the sell-out, for me it shows that there might be a future. I didn't observe any strange behavior, on the contrary. Mostly it was loving parents or dads, who even brought a little step, so the little ones could play. Actually I loved it that much that I am considering to bring at least my older son next year as well (he will be 5). I showed him pictures and he was disappointed that I didn't take him with me.

Before my third round I talked shortly to Melissa from Cointaker regarding my open orders. She was very friendly, explained the different situations to me, by when to expect them and was very accommodating. Actually I would have fully understood other reactions, but she was super nice.

In my third round I queued for some machines and again made only positive experiences. Everybody was awesome and it was really just short waits. I didn't stop them, but a couple of mins max.

Against my expectation it got less crowded over time. Round about 4.30 it seemed pretty empty in comparison to 1.45. I didn't stay much longer and also didn't bring anything home (was completely prepared and ready to bring a machine home), but it was a great experience anyhow.

I can partially understand if some long-term enthusiasts perceive this as a sell-out, but in that case my advice would be: Put your actions where your keyboard is. If you don't like this, start your own show and do it better, smaller, more exclusive, niche or whatever you prefer.

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Power of clickbait.

Was half a day earlier...

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Honestly think the results would have been any different?

It is apples and oranges with the 12 hour difference. I am quite certain that the other thread would have seen a bit more action than now - when it feels kind of redundant.

But you are probably right that this thread would have overtaken it anyhow.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wawa777.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-sucked?tu=wawa777 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.