7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 444 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by hazmat7719
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 37 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190503_174231 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4591 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3154_1481578557 (resized).jpg
    1e3fc843317159e5d2fdafb7a679f29de2fbbdaa (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    9ad7b7de064b9fc7d16ae9a93a09e2256ea71f54 (resized).jpg
    image-4 (resized).jpg
    image-6 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190508-113032_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20190508_054754 (resized).jpg
    77169A18-29DD-4480-BACE-4030644A3BD6 (resized).jpeg
    20190503_153325_resized (resized).jpg
    0 (resized).jpg
    Bad Cat Jack (resized).jpg
    Todd Tuckey 2019 (resized).jpg
    Oscur (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#141 7 months ago

We just got back, so nice having a close local show. First, I want to say that even though I didn’t have to wait on line to get in, as a vendor, the lines on Friday to get in were completely unacceptable and I feel very badly for anyone that had to endure that. If this show is going to grow, and I hope it does, this is the first thing that needs to be fixed. One ticket taker is inexcusable. Online pre-sales and multi-day tickets also need to be considered.

Now for the good stuff. We had a great time and Ivan and his crew put on what we felt was a flawless show, entry lines notwithstanding. Zero complaints, all good. There were a lot more people this year, but inside it still felt comfortable. We really enjoyed meeting everyone we came in contact with and thanks to everybody who stopped by, whether you bought something or not from us, it was great to speak with other pinheads. Thanks to all who brought games, great selection. I wasn’t looking to buy so I didn’t care about the prices.

We had an MMr standard in our booth that was provided to us by a friend in the next booth. I had modded the game for him. I didn’t have it on free play, but was happy to add credits to anyone who asked or looked like they wanted to play, especially the kids. Seemed to be a big hit, many could not tell if it was an original or remake. We also had a capcom airborne on free play that was a pretty good hit as most hadn’t seen one before.

Huge thanks to Cointaker and PinballStar for bringing all their games. As a vendor, I had a chance to play a few games before the show opened, loved Wonka and Oktoberfest.Not sure about Black Knight yet, very fast, tight shots. Also great to be near Pinnovators and our friends at Pingraffix, Tilt Graphics and Lighted Pinball Mods, the vendor community is really a great group of people and we are really happy to be part of it. Loved being next to Bob, Rich and Nestor and their wives, made the show just that much better.

Lastly, congrats to my friend Alek, who I believe won the Pinfest Tournament, beating Bowen!

Thanks to all who made this a great show for us and We are looking forward to next year!

#153 7 months ago
    Quoted from tomtest:

Can anyone explain why the show doesn't open until noon on Friday, I personally can only spend a few hours there and 3 hours isn't nearly enough time to do everything, it used to open at 10am and I see no justification for opening at noon, the vendors have their own entrance so the lines have no effect on their coming in, this is an extremely poor choice of times, if anything the people going in early will help with lines at the new machines.

One reason is Vendors need time to set up on Friday morning or it requires an overnight stay to set up Thursday for those traveling longer distances.

#370 7 months ago
    Quoted from gottafixit:

First want to say I enjoyed myself at Allentown both Friday and Saturday.
    I didn't see a thread for feedback about the show and I didn't feel one needed to be started but wanted to put a couple thoughts out there. I have been going for 5 years I think, show has grown. I know the show is known for the flea market but I think that the second room should be used to better fit the main sections of the show. My thought is the vendors and such could be moved into the second room leaving the main room for the floor games and tournament. Felt a bunch of areas were too crowded and given the locations of those crowds really hindered being able to move about the show. If the vendors were moved into the other room this could greatly help the flow of traffic. The flea market I would be fine with it all being outside. What items were being displayed/sold in that second room the last two years are not in my opinion worth taking up that space if it could be better used to spread out the vendors and floor games to make the show experience better as a whole.

From a vendor perspective, this is not a good idea. Vendors want to be where the people are and we pay for that access. Sorry it seems crowded moving about, but this is part of the charm of the show. This is also what’s great about the Texas show, everyone in one big room. The separation is what I don’t like about some other shows. Perhaps some adjustments can be made to improve flow of the show as there is open space toward the back left area.

#407 7 months ago
    Quoted from Mizzou0103:

Here’s some unsolicited advice for Ivan and his show. He needs to decide who the primary audience is for the show. Is it a flea market for guys that fix and repair games? Is it a market for people to buy new parts? Is it a show for enthusiasts? Is it a place for families to go to play pinball? The problem is it’s getting too big to be all of those. He’s at a cross roads and needs to decide for 2020, what his focus is. I’d personally love to see it grow and turn into a PA version of Pintastic, but that’s going to turn off the folks looking for a flea market. If it’s going to stay a flea market, he needs to save his money and not advertise it as a broad family event. It can still be family friendly, but the current set up isn’t going to pay off what some one new to Pinball is going to expect for a night out with their kids. None of these are good or bad. They’re just decisions that need to be made. If it stays like this year, I’ll stay home next year. It’s not a big deal. It just means I’m not the target audience.

Why don’t you think it’s family friendly? My wife and 11 year old son loved every minute of the show. I personally like the show more than pintastic as it is, no seminars, everyone in one room. Arcades were always crowded, it’s the charm of the hobby, and it’s a sign things are strong. Some improvements can be made on the margins, but I love just about everything about it as it is.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 69.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 399.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 209.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 46.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Singer Pinball Designs
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 244.99
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lermods.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside