Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 444 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by hazmat7719
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190503_174231 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4591 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3154_1481578557 (resized).jpg
    1e3fc843317159e5d2fdafb7a679f29de2fbbdaa (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    9ad7b7de064b9fc7d16ae9a93a09e2256ea71f54 (resized).jpg
    image-4 (resized).jpg
    image-6 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190508-113032_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20190508_054754 (resized).jpg
    77169A18-29DD-4480-BACE-4030644A3BD6 (resized).jpeg
    20190503_153325_resized (resized).jpg
    0 (resized).jpg
    Bad Cat Jack (resized).jpg
    Todd Tuckey 2019 (resized).jpg
    Oscur (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider irobot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#187 4 years ago

My wife and I got there on Friday about 12:30. We live about 2 hours away.

There was a line to get in. We went over to the farmer's market before getting in line, had some excellent food.

Stood in line about 1/2 hour to get in.

I guess there must have been two different pinball conventions in Allentown on Friday, because the one we went to was GREAT.

I didn't see any "street people" and there were not all that many kids.

We were there about 5 hours and played a whole bunch of pins for the first time.

There were a large number of pins, so we got to play some that we had never played before, like Fun House and Monster Bash.

I played Space Shuttle for the first time since I graduated from Rutgers 30 years ago.

We had dinner at a pub in Bethlehem called Fegley's. Outstanding place, great food.

It was GREAT. I'll definitely be back next year. Of course I'll bring my glock foytay to deal with the "street people."

#188 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

its my party and i'll cry if want too, cry if I want too, cry if I want too...……...……...….....

LOL

seriously

Imagine driving 7 hours for a pinball show and then turning around and going back home.

2 weeks later
    #435 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

I LOVE Poking eyes!! Todd

What's the labor charge on an eye poking?

#438 4 years ago

As a point of comparison, I think it's worth noting that gun shows have been decimated by the internet.

Back in the old days, the vendors would bring all kinds of really awesome artifacts and guns to gun shows.

Like you might see a WWII bailey bridge training model, probably weighing 300 lbs

the best gun show I ever saw had millions of dollars worth of exotic full auto stuff and gatlin guns and cannons.

But nowadays it's all beanie babies and beef jerky and $5 chinese stun guns and tin pinup signs and other tchotchky.

I went to the allentown pinball show and walked around for probably 4 hours playing all kinds of pinball, including plenty of higher end games.

It's pretty amazing how good of a show it is when you consider the wasteland that gun shows have become.

And doubly amazing when you consider how much work that people go to in order to bring those pins to the show, it's not like those things are light and handy to move around.

All-in-all, I rate the Allentown show 100 points out of a 100.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider irobot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-sucked?tu=irobot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.