Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 444 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by hazmat7719
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190503_174231 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4591 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3154_1481578557 (resized).jpg
    1e3fc843317159e5d2fdafb7a679f29de2fbbdaa (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    9ad7b7de064b9fc7d16ae9a93a09e2256ea71f54 (resized).jpg
    image-4 (resized).jpg
    image-6 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190508-113032_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20190508_054754 (resized).jpg
    77169A18-29DD-4480-BACE-4030644A3BD6 (resized).jpeg
    20190503_153325_resized (resized).jpg
    0 (resized).jpg
    Bad Cat Jack (resized).jpg
    Todd Tuckey 2019 (resized).jpg
    Oscur (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from ElDorado:

After 20 years this was my last A-town.
    Well actually last year was, cause after driving 7 hours to get there I never even went in the show.
    This show is no longer about pinball, it's about lining the promoters pockets.
    We all saw the line. The crowds. I've never experienced anything like like it. For years you could show up at 11:00 or so, even 11:30 and get right in at 12.
    This was disgusting.
    It's time for the people who work their assess off dragging machines to the show, setting them up, and keeping them running for a lousy $20 day to stop.
    You are being used.
    And yes, I used to be one of those guys.
    It used to be Friday was the pinball enthusiasts day, it was low key and you could play anything you wanted.
    Strike up a lot of nice conversations too.
    Or Friday evening for a couple of hours when people went to dinner you might have 3 really nice hours at the show with like minded people.
    NOT ANY MORE. Greedy SOB has ruined the show. Apparently he is marketing it to the locals, who find it a cheap place to bring their brats for an afternoon.
    I knew it was done when Ivan took over. Just a couple of years ago I watched someone change a baby on top of a game. That's the type of people he's attracting.
    So at 1:30 with a line still a 1000' long and and an hour wait we canceled our room and headed home, another 7 hour drive and never even got in.
    Vendors should think about who their customers are and are they reaching them with this show.
    I had $1000 play money just for parts and stuff. Didn't spend one dime.
    Do you think john q. public was in there buying LEDS and stuff? Never mind not buying any games.
    Bringing a machine for free play is a sucker bet. You work that hard to have your valuable collectibles mauled by a bunch of street people. You are working for $20 day and risking your expensive games.
    Ivan laughs all the way to the bank cause of your generosity.
    You should be getting at least $250 per day rental fee for your machine, and delivery and setup charges.
    You are being used, and if you don't think so check out the accomodations made people who bring machines to other shows.
    I don't know how he gets people to still do it.
    This chump has ruined the show for pinball people.
    First thing he did was destroy the flea market.
    Now this.
    We all saw what went on. Even the Farmers Market was slammed with the overflow, I heard a number of vendors freaking out over it. The bathrooms were jammed. And you it was almost impossible to get waited on.
    And it was mostly pinball people that got shut out of the show, I saw many that just kept trying to get in all afternoon.
    I am sure many of you will disagree and tell me it was the best ever. I am truly happy that you enjoyed it. But this is no longer A-town, it's just a money making racket at players and collectors expense.
    I am done, have seen the last of A-town.

Easiest fix ever for everyone. Sell VIP passes at $40.00 a piece for 8:00 AM Friday entry. This gives 4 hrs VIP and also gives people who brought games the same access.

The show gets to run as usual for the public and special access bunch of pinhead is estattic.

These cold be sold online on pinside or a pinball site only

Problem solved.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hank527.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-sucked?tu=hank527 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.