Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 444 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by hazmat7719
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190503_174231 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4591 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3154_1481578557 (resized).jpg
    1e3fc843317159e5d2fdafb7a679f29de2fbbdaa (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    9ad7b7de064b9fc7d16ae9a93a09e2256ea71f54 (resized).jpg
    image-4 (resized).jpg
    image-6 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190508-113032_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20190508_054754 (resized).jpg
    77169A18-29DD-4480-BACE-4030644A3BD6 (resized).jpeg
    20190503_153325_resized (resized).jpg
    0 (resized).jpg
    Bad Cat Jack (resized).jpg
    Todd Tuckey 2019 (resized).jpg
    Oscur (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gottafixit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#369 4 years ago

First want to say I enjoyed myself at Allentown both Friday and Saturday.

I didn't see a thread for feedback about the show and I didn't feel one needed to be started but wanted to put a couple thoughts out there. I have been going for 5 years I think, show has grown. I know the show is known for the flea market but I think that the second room should be used to better fit the main sections of the show. My thought is the vendors and such could be moved into the second room leaving the main room for the floor games and tournament. Felt a bunch of areas were too crowded and given the locations of those crowds really hindered being able to move about the show. If the vendors were moved into the other room this could greatly help the flow of traffic. The flea market I would be fine with it all being outside. What items were being displayed/sold in that second room the last two years are not in my opinion worth taking up that space if it could be better used to spread out the vendors and floor games to make the show experience better as a whole.

#385 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

From a vendor perspective, this is not a good idea. Vendors want to be where the people are and we pay for that access. Sorry it seems crowded moving about, but this is part of the charm of the show. This is also what’s great about the Texas show, everyone in one big room. The separation is what I don’t like about some other shows. Perhaps some adjustments can be made to improve flow of the show as there is open space toward the back left area.

I suppose the tournament could also be moved to the other room and then the rest spread out a bit. Better consideration should be given to the layout and how lines will block up traffic lanes. Lots of people at a show is one thing, not being able to move about the show is another.

#395 4 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Disagree. The flea used to get rained out all the time. Ivan fixed this. Indoor flea is always busy and the majority of show goers like the quieter setting as an temporary escape from the mayhem on the main floor. I feel like the Vendors want heavy foot traffic for maximum exposure . And crapping on all the loyal flea owners saying their wares are junk is flat out rude.

I didn't crap on the flea market and say their wares are junk. I said that the show is growing and that space could be better utilized to spread out the growing show.

#423 4 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

“I didn’t crap on the flea market and say their ware are junk”
    Yeah you more or less did . And you’re ok with the flea being outside. Heck I’m ok with no tournament hogging up prime space, since it’s not my thing. See how inconsiderate that sounds?

I don't think that sounds inconsiderate. You are expressing what parts of the show are important to you. Obviously the Flea Market is very important to you and the tournament is not. If the tournament wasn't there it wouldn't bother me either. The difference is the tournament can't be held outside while the flea market can. I like the flea market aspect of the show and if a larger space was available I'd love to see all the aspects have their space inside. Given the current space available though and the growth of the show I'd like to see the layout provide more space for people to navigate the show. If that means moving some aspect into the side room while moving other aspects outside I would be ok with that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gottafixit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-sucked?tu=gottafixit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.