Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 444 posts
  • 197 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by hazmat7719
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190503_174231 (resized).jpg
    IMG_4591 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3154_1481578557 (resized).jpg
    1e3fc843317159e5d2fdafb7a679f29de2fbbdaa (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    9ad7b7de064b9fc7d16ae9a93a09e2256ea71f54 (resized).jpg
    image-4 (resized).jpg
    image-6 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190508-113032_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20190508_054754 (resized).jpg
    77169A18-29DD-4480-BACE-4030644A3BD6 (resized).jpeg
    20190503_153325_resized (resized).jpg
    0 (resized).jpg
    Bad Cat Jack (resized).jpg
    Todd Tuckey 2019 (resized).jpg
    Oscur (resized).jpg
    There are 444 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
    #301 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Shop around, buy smart. There are plenty of great deals when you figure in no shipping cost or even sales tax. Example: Marco Bally stainless coin doors. $89 on their website plus shipping, over $100 to your door, $80 cash at the show. 20%+ savings. Can you get standard size PF glass for $35 a sheet at home? ($29 if you buy 5). NOPE.

$4 or $5 for used star posts in common colors or $40 for used rusty busted up shooter assemblies. Fairly sure I can do better and pay for express shipping.

Quoted from tomdrum:

And where the hell was a gutter leaf guard seller? I must of missed them.

Just a ridiculous example of what does not belong at a pinball show. A true example is someone selling $5,000 massage chairs (They have been at pin shows in the past). Why the hell was that at a pinball show?!

#302 4 years ago

Thank you brother! I was wondering where that leaf gutter guy was too. Just in case anybody was wondering, I took no offense and found this thread entertaining.
    Can we fix the line issue? Of corse. Were we caught of guard, it would seem so. My apologies that my crystal ball was a bit off. We weren’t expecting 1500 of you all to show up the first two hours. And who was that guy that actually waited 2.5 hours? Please!

On another note, we got crushed on shirt sales and virtually sold out on Friday. We’re looking into doing a small run for those that wish to have this shirt. Please pm us if interested. We are sorry we couldn’t have enough on hand. This years show had surpassed all my expectations. Thank you all for contributing in the ways you did. This was by far my most difficult show I did. I was challenged at every turn and was at my wits end. For everyone that expressed their appreciation I thank you. It made it worth while.

Ivan
    Pinfest 2019

#303 4 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

$4 or $5 for used star posts in common colors or $40 for used rusty busted up shooter assemblies. Fairly sure I can do better and pay for express shipping.

Just a ridiculous example of what does not belong at a pinball show. A true example is someone there selling $5,000 massage chairs. Why the hell was that at a pinball show?!

Which show were you at exactly!

#304 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Which show were you at exactly!

This was at Allentown a few years ago. The games on freeplay are nice but honestly I go for parts and between the vendors selling overpriced used items and not having even common parts it makes it a bit of a bummer.

Chair was an example from a previous year, I believe it was at Allentown pinfest but not entirely certain. It is like going to a home and garden show and seeing a Bentley on the floor. What the hell does that have to do with home and garden?!

#305 4 years ago

I think your confused or goofing around. I would know

#306 4 years ago

Thanks Ivan. This was one of my favorite PinFest's to date, after attending Allentown for 5-10 years straight since Pinball Wizards. I thought the selection of used games was better than I'd expected it would be. The line looked a bit overwhelming but I think we made it inside in less than 30 minutes. Once in, it didn't seem crowded. I only had to wait 10 minutes at the most for brand new releases. Had a blast, looking forward to next year.

#307 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

I think your confused or goofing around. I would know

I am not goofing about the price of the used parts. I can pm you and let you know the year and where they were located in the building if you'd like. I think the same seller was selling fuses for ridiculous prices as well.

Also I should clarify I have no ill will against the organizers here. It would be very hard to bring this together.

#308 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Ivan
    Pinfest 2019

Thank you Ivan !

LTG : )

#309 4 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

I am not goofing about the price of the used parts. I can pm you and let you know the year and where they were located in the building if you'd like. I think the same seller was selling fuses for ridiculous prices as well.

Perhaps, I have little say in what vendors do typically. They pay to be there. I’m sure adjustments are made by those of sound mind.

#310 4 years ago

I was there on Friday at opening. Line was long but moved fast to get in. I got to play all the new games, buy some stuff, see a lot of old friends, and just play pinball. Fantastic day and an annual trek for me and my friends.

#311 4 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

Thanks Ivan. This was one of my favorite PinFest's to date, after attending Allentown for 5-10 years straight since Pinball Wizards. I thought the selection of used games was better than I'd expected it would be. The line looked a bit overwhelming but I think we made it inside in less than 30 minutes. Once in, it didn't seem crowded. I only had to wait 10 minutes at the most for brand new releases. Had a blast, looking forward to next year.

Thank you, it seemed to me that Saturday was the better day to go. We actually sold more tickets but the crowd seemed light. We had a consistent entry for the better part of the day. It seems that people are in and out throughout the day.

#312 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Perhaps, I have little say in what vendors do typically. They pay to be there. I’m sure adjustments are made by those of sound mind.

Yes I understand that, they pay for space and set the price. I am not sure how to solve the parts dilemma that I have had there. I just feel like if you are a vendor at a pinball show and you are selling parts that maybe you should stock some common parts. I realize it is unrealistic to bring every part under the sun. Like I said, no perfect solution.

#313 4 years ago

Well I thought it sucked too but not for any of the reasons of the first post. I showed up with my 9 year old, an accomplished player, BTW, and within 2 hours half the games were gone. That's just bullshit. It used to be Sunday was a waste of time, now Saturday is a waste of time. Am I supposed to take the kid out of school just to go to a show.
    Kurt
    BTW I could use a Classic Stern lockdown mechanism.

#314 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I like going for the flea market--it can be a goldmine for parts and project games.

I love the flea market. I was at the pinitech booth picking up some NVRAM for an F-14 I recently acquired. I was telling him I wasn't sure what issues the game has because the entire harness was cut in half by a previous owner. He then told me he just saw a guy in the flea market who just bought a whole box of misc stuff and one if the items was an F-14 harness. Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Luckily the guy was still there and $40 later I had a usable harness that was going to save me hours and hours of splicing, soldering, and shrink wrapping.

There were also good deals with the vendors as well. Marco had a set of F-14 plastics for $125 ($169 on their website) plus at the show no shipping and tax was included with the price. Another vendor had F-14 insert decals for $20, most places online are about $40. Hopefully my F-14 will be up and running in time for Pintastic next month.

Pinfest is great for buying and selling stuff, meeting old and new friends, and fantastic food at the farmers market. I'm already looking forward to next year. Great show Ivan!

#315 4 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

Just a ridiculous example of what does not belong at a pinball show. A true example is someone selling $5,000 massage chairs (They have been at pin shows in the past). Why the hell was that at a pinball show?!

Well I have to think you're either crazy or just plain stupid. I picked up 3 near mint Bally shooter rod assemblies. One was $10 missing the front spring, 2 other complete and really nice for $35. All with the Bally logo.

And why would someone selling a overpriced chair cause you so much grief? KEEP Walking, take a breath and PLAY PINBALL! Good Lord.

#316 4 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

Yes I understand that, they pay for space and set the price. I am not sure how to solve the parts dilemma that I have had there. I just feel like if you are a vendor at a pinball show and you are selling parts that maybe you should stock some common parts. I realize it is unrealistic to bring every part under the sun. Like I said, no perfect solution.

Really sorry the show can’t be everything to everyone. Marco brought a bunch os typical stuff. Did you miss that? I bought a bunch of stuff for my stock. I was really greatful he brought the stuff. I’m sure it’s a pita. There was this lady that had a bunch of great stuff in her booth. I bought a bunch from her. You gotta look around.

#317 4 years ago

Some of you morons would whine even if you won 10 million in a lottery.

"Well that guy won 15 million"

#318 4 years ago

Billy Joel XM up 24% this week just cause this thread.

#319 4 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

This was at Allentown a few years ago.

Wait, what???
    You are NOW complaining about something that you seen a few years ago???? Really? Just let it go and move on dude.

#320 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

So yeah, some of the smaller parts/supplies might be more expensive (sometimes because of rounding a $0.89 item to $1 for ease of transactions, or other price increases just general markup), but some of the larger stuff you can get deals on (legs, playfields, backglasses, coin doors, glass, other bulky items), especially if you're saving on shipping. Shop smart, and you can get deals.

That is a good example. I was actually looking for new leg bolts. They are $0.89 on their web site and they were selling them for $1.00 each at the show. When buying just 8 for a pin it's not a big deal. And as you said they have many other expenses to compensate for at the show. I need 100 of them so asked if they would honor their web prices of 100 for $60. Sure enough they did without a hesitation.

#321 4 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Billy Joel XM up 24% this week just cause this thread.

The only thing that sucked, was gryzzz wasn’t in attendance

There’s no way half the games were gone on Saturday

Ivan answered my call for some backglass glass, even though I’m sure he was dealing with a ton of other shit(still sorry we didn’t grab it, I meant to even though we had it taken care of)

I don’t what the hell you guys want, how the fuck could a show be any better?

If you think you could do better, you’re wrong

#322 4 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

Chair was an example from a previous year, I believe it was at Allentown pinfest but not entirely certain.

I don't recall seeing any massage chairs, gutters, gardening, or home repair stuff in the vendor hall this year or in past years.

However, I do seem to recall seeing a 1960's barber chair one year in the outdoor flea market area. Maybe that's what you were thinking of?

#323 4 years ago

And I meant to meet forceflow, but got distracted...

#324 4 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

Last time I was there a vendor inside was selling shooter assemblies that were rusted and cracked for $40. Used star posts were $4 or $5 each. This was not simple rounding.

So what? Don't buy it. Make an offer. Maybe the seller will jump on the offer. It's not like anybody has a monopoly on used shooters or start posts. Can't agree on a price? Walk. You never know what you will find at the next stop.

#325 4 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

For those of you who couldn't attend, here is a 65 minute video fo the show...we had a BLAST! Todd Tuckey, Tim and Tom, and of course Frank!

Awesome video!!!!

#326 4 years ago

There absolutely was no gutter guard being sold at the show. Come on man...at least base your rants on facts. I think some people just go to these things looking for ways to be disappointed. You must be a pile of fun at parties.

#327 4 years ago

Thanks to Ivan and his crew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a wonderful time.

Eric

#328 4 years ago

Best part about line to get in is it forced me to hang out and drink a beer or two in my truck while I wait, and meet a few cool dudes from Toronto.

Great time and great show. Thanks to Ivan and the promoters.

#329 4 years ago

Last year at Allentown we had ‘ambiance’ in the men’s room - this year ? Nada... Where’s the outrage ?

77169A18-29DD-4480-BACE-4030644A3BD6 (resized).jpeg77169A18-29DD-4480-BACE-4030644A3BD6 (resized).jpeg
    #330 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

There absolutely was no gutter guard being sold at the show. Come on man...at least base your rants on facts. I think some people just go to these things looking for ways to be disappointed. You must be a pile of fun at parties.

Hey I drove 7 hours to see some gutter guard, imagine my disappointment!

#331 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Hey I drove 7 hours to see some gutter guard, imagine my disappointment!

I find this even more humorous because at my day job I am directly involved with the large scale manufacturing of no less than a half dozen varieties of...drumroll....gutter guard. But not the same products you see at your local fair or farm show.

#332 4 years ago

the only thing that pisses me off is nobody has posted a picture of the mini waffle and Neapolitan ice cream sandwiches they made fresh in the main hall as the food station!!!!

those are Fing amazing!

#333 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I find this even more humorous because at my day job I am directly involved with the large scale manufacturing of no less than a half dozen varieties of...drumroll....gutter guard. But not the same products you see at your local fair or farm show.

Ha! Dude I could have so used that last week. I'm on a three story roof looking over the edge scooping tree crap out of plugged downspout. I'm not afraid of heights but have a healthy respect for gravity. Even with a harness its disconcerting lying face down looking over the edge of a roof with a hell of a pitch. God bless roofers.

#334 4 years ago

Big thanks to Ivan and his staff, I have sold in the flea markets for over 25 years. This was the best year in my opinion for attendance and sale in the flea market. This year there was more vendors selling parts in the main room than in the past. Great show, thanks to all that purchased from me.

#335 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

That is a good example. I was actually looking for new leg bolts. They are $0.89 on their web site and they were selling them for $1.00 each at the show. When buying just 8 for a pin it's not a big deal. And as you said they have many other expenses to compensate for at the show. I need 100 of them so asked if they would honor their web prices of 100 for $60. Sure enough they did without a hesitation.

wait ... what? you need 100 leg bolts?

#336 4 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

That's how arcademojo rolls.....

#337 4 years ago

That is only enough for 12 games and a few mis threads...

Seems like a reasonable amount to buy.

#338 4 years ago

Yup, had a great time. Can we do it again next week? Pretzel Wraps, mmm, "get in my belly".

#339 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Last year at Allentown we had ‘ambiance’ in the men’s room - this year ? Nada... Where’s the outrage ?
    [quoted image]

Guy had some great music going on at times though.

#340 4 years ago

great show ! and a fun time

#341 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I am directly involved with the large scale manufacturing of no less than a half dozen varieties of...drumroll....gutter guard.

Let me guess, made from latex?

20190508_054754 (resized).jpg20190508_054754 (resized).jpg
    #342 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Sure enough they did without a hesitation.

I had a similar situation. At the Marco booth, I needed slingshot switches. They were marked at $8 each (!!!). On their website, they were marked at $4.50 (still pricey, but whatever). I asked if they would honor that, and the gentleman there not only matched, but gave them to me at an even lower price. He threw in some nice freebee parts for me too that I needed. I spent far less than what I would've spent online, I didn't have to pay for shipping, AND I had a really delightful conversation with the crew there. I had similar experiences at other vendors, both in and out of the flea market, as well. Honestly, just being able to have a nice chat with passionate and knowledgeable people really makes the whole experience a blast.

Allentown, as always, was a great show this year.

#343 4 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Let me guess, made from latex?
    [quoted image]

But we do a lot more importing than exporting these days

#344 4 years ago

Ok you got me. A little over exaggeration.
    I only really needed 96. The other 4 are spares.

Quoted from Whysnow:

That is only enough for 12 games and a few mis threads...
    Seems like a reasonable amount to buy.

Exactly. Over my 19 years of collecting. I always throw out any with bad threads. I still have 12 games to set up yet and ran out of leg bolts.

#345 4 years ago

I know folks are still checking in to find out the answer to the "Where are the gutter guards?" question...perhaps whiner #3...or maybe 4 brought it up - I believe he was confusing his gripes with the York show, where there always seems to be at least one oddball vendor selling something completely unrelated to pinball.

I think it was two years ago you could pick up a nice new toilet and other various bathroom/kitchen necessities...that was a tough one to figure. The only rooms in my house that don't have a pinball machine are the kitchen and bathroom...but now that I think about it...maybe I should change that.

#346 4 years ago

To anyone who brought a game to Allentown

I thank you.

#347 4 years ago
    Quoted from Stoomer:

I know folks are still checking in to find out the answer to the "Where are the gutter guards?" question...perhaps whiner #3...or maybe 4 brought it up - I believe he was confusing his gripes with the York show, where there always seems to be at least one oddball vendor selling something completely unrelated to pinball.
    I think it was two years ago you could pick up a nice new toilet and other various bathroom/kitchen necessities...that was a tough one to figure. The only rooms in my house that don't have a pinball machine are the kitchen and bathroom...but now that I think about it...maybe I should change that.

They must have some kind of contract at the York Fairgrounds, because i've been to many non-pinball, non-home improvement related events there, and you often see the bath fitter and gutter helmet vultures in your way between the front door and the exhibit hall.

#348 4 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Ok you got me. A little over exaggeration.
    I only really needed 96. The other 4 are spares.

Exactly. Over my 19 years of collecting. I always throw out any with bad threads. I still have 12 games to set up yet and ran out of leg bolts.

Every game I get receives a new set of shiny new leg bolts.

It’s literally the least you can do to spruce
    Up a game.

#349 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Up a game.

But who doesn't love needing two different size sockets or wrenches to put a single set of legs on. Then there is the clown that used vise grips...

#350 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Up a game.

Quoted for truth. Another thing that amazed me was how much new playfield glass makes a difference. This is the first time I ever bought new glass since I always thought the old ones were only a little scratched and "just fine". Boy was I wrong!!! Now it looks like there's no glass in the darn game at all!

Thanks for making glass available at an affordable price Ivan!

Chris

There are 444 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-sucked/page/7?hl=geddy2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.