(Topic ID: 262337)

Allentown show 2020 - What to bring for free play? (poll)

By SilverUnicorn

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which game would you like to see in the free play area at Allentown?”

• Pinball Magic (Capcom) 27 votes
      50%
    • Bad Cats (Williams) 17 votes
      31%
    • Phantom of the Opera (Data East) 4 votes
      7%
    • Dr. Dude (Bally) 2 votes
      4%
    • Terminator 3 (Stern) 4 votes
      7%

(54 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Calvinator (resized).jpg
    Jack Bad Cats (resized).jpg
    IMG_0583 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0625 (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Once again trying to decide what to bring to the Allentown show this year.

I try to bring something that will appeal to everyone, but my options are limited. From the list, what would you like to see there? I can only bring one

Thanks for participating!

Chris

Calvinator (resized).jpgCalvinator (resized).jpgIMG_0583 (resized).JPGIMG_0583 (resized).JPGIMG_0625 (resized).jpgIMG_0625 (resized).jpgJack Bad Cats (resized).jpgJack Bad Cats (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

I'd always do pinball magic as it's a game the most people aren't familiar with

#3 4 years ago

Bring Pinball Magic.

#4 4 years ago

Yet another vote for Pinball Magic - although Bad Cats would be a close second.

#5 4 years ago

Did you just get the Dr Dude? It doesn't show in your collection

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from woodrailwizard:

Did you just get the Dr Dude? It doesn't show in your collection

I don't have it yet, but will have it before Allentown.

Chris

#7 4 years ago

Loved playing your Bad Cats last year (I think it was yours!), but we've never played a Pinball Magic. Heard good things.
    -Chrissi

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pablito350:

Loved playing your Bad Cats last year (I think it was yours!), but we've never played a Pinball Magic. Heard good things.
    -Chrissi

Thanks! There were 2 Bad Cats there last year (one toward the back, and one closer to the vendors in the front). Mine was toward the front.

I had Pinball Magic there I think 2 or 3 years ago and it got played constantly. It was a favorite for sure. it's one that many have never played.

Chris

#9 4 years ago

I've also never played Pinball Magic but have only heard good things. Would be a good itch to scratch!

#10 4 years ago

I think I’d probably bring PM, just so people can experience it. Though, given how parts for it are tough to come by—and every game played puts wear on things like the unobtainable flipper mechs, I can see why you’d have reservations.

I’m in the same boat. I’d like to bring my Robo-War this year, but I have a set of brand new Now-unobtainable plastics I’d hate to see Get cracked from a ton of play at the show.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I think I’d probably bring PM, just so people can experience it. Though, given how parts for it are tough to come by—and every game played puts wear on things like the unobtainable flipper mechs, I can see why you’d have reservations.
    I’m in the same boat. I’d like to bring my Robo-War this year, but I have a set of brand new Now-unobtainable plastics I’d hate to see Get cracked from a ton of play at the show.

It held up pretty well (minus an opto issue in the ball trough) last time I brought it to the show. I try to stay on top of my stuff should anything happen. I do have replacement flipper parts thought, so that shouldn't be a huge issue, or I could always switch to Williams mechs if needed as some have.

Looks like that one is way in the lead for now.

Chris

#12 4 years ago

A little over 2 month to the show!!! Pinball Magic is in the lead, but there is still time to vote

Chris

#13 4 years ago

What, we only get to choose one?!

Pinball Magic by a landslide, but i'd also like to see a POTO, which I haven't seen for probably 15 years.

Bad Cats has a quirky theme, but after a game or two the "Meow meow meow meow" kind of makes me wish I was playing with the volume off

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

What, we only get to choose one?!
    Pinball Magic by a landslide, but i'd also like to see a POTO, which I haven't seen for probably 15 years.
    Bad Cats has a quirky theme, but after a game or two the "Meow meow meow meow" kind of makes me wish I was playing with the volume off

Unfortunately I only have the means to bring 1 this year. I wish I could do more for sure.

Chris

1 week later
    #15 4 years ago

Looks like Pinball Magic is the clear frontrunner here.

Time to start getting it ready! The show is coming up fast!

Chris

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-show-2020-what-to-bring-for-free-play-poll?hl=rolpa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.