Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Gerry
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Allentown 2014 036.jpg
    Allentown 2014 035.jpg
    Allentown 2014 020.jpg
    Allentown 2014 019.jpg
    Allentown 2014 039.jpg
    0502141624a.jpg
    image-926.jpg
    Allentown 2014 004.jpg
    Allentown 2014 003.jpg
    image-456.jpg
    image-624.jpg
    image-636.jpg
    image-223.jpg
    image-691.jpg
    image-888.jpg
    image-823.jpg

#1 9 years ago

Hi All,

We rolled in about 10:30am from North Jersey. The crowd was large and the line to get in was out to the street for the 12pm opening time. I managed to get in the show early ahead of time with a friend who needed a hand setting up his Southern Bell Woodrail that was restored by Nick Rash(see pictures).

Once inside i could tell once again this show was going to be a awesome. We stayed until 7:30pm and still then the crowd was large and it looked like no one wanted to go home.

JR's Golden Arrow was the best original condition EM at the show and looked to be in factory new condition after he worked his talented restoration skills throughout this 16,000 total played gem of a wedgehead. The lucky buyer was a friend here in NJ that will be adding this stunning beauty to his collection. The same collector bought the 100% working Williams Beat the Clock in these pictures that also was in outstanding original condition and looked to be another low played EM without any wear on the playfield at all.

The Buccaneer was a sample game and in nice original condition and there was a Target Pool had a beautiful playfield and great cabinet with the backglass having some small flaking issues for a decent price(sold quickly). Dave Met's Friendship 7 was in outstanding condition and played real nice too. There were many other EM's for sale that looked and played great and the prices were average. EM spare parts were everywhere you looked.

I had a good time and got to see and talk to all my hobby friends i have met through the years once again. I wish i could have gone again on Saturday but family matters are more important this year. At least last year i got to attend both days at the 2013 show.

A special thanks to Ivan and his crew for a sensational "top of the line" show!
    Here are a few pictures i took a half hour before the 8pm closing time.

Allentown 2014 002.jpgAllentown 2014 002.jpgAllentown 2014 022.jpgAllentown 2014 022.jpgAllentown 2014 005.jpgAllentown 2014 005.jpgAllentown 2014 039.jpgAllentown 2014 039.jpgAllentown 2014 028.jpgAllentown 2014 028.jpgAllentown 2014 017.jpgAllentown 2014 017.jpgAllentown 2014 016.jpgAllentown 2014 016.jpgAllentown 2014 007.jpgAllentown 2014 007.jpgAllentown 2014 006.jpgAllentown 2014 006.jpg

Allentown 2014 002-542.jpgAllentown 2014 002-542.jpg

#2 9 years ago

Thanks for the pictures. All great games! A couple of those games were mine at one time. Glad to see them restored to great condition.

#3 9 years ago

show was a good time... got to meet stashyboy and jr, and played a bunch of games...

that "southern belle" was a thing of beauty... it gets the "first in show ribbon", imo; it is perfect.. i wanted this badly...

image-257.jpgimage-257.jpg

jr's "golden arrow"... it would have taken a BIG offer to pry this out of my hands, and i don't even particularly care for the artwork... geez, it was nice, one of the best all original em's i've laid my eyes on...

image-661.jpgimage-661.jpg

a darn nice "atlantis"...

image-823.jpgimage-823.jpg

a gorgeous "ice show".... i really liked the way the led lighting made this machine pop...

image-888.jpgimage-888.jpg

this "winner" was decent... needed a flipper rebuild though...

image-691.jpgimage-691.jpg

#4 9 years ago

cool "apollo moon shot" gun game... i wish this had been working...

image-223.jpgimage-223.jpg

in keeping with my recent scale obsession, a pretty nice penny scale...

image-636.jpgimage-636.jpg

something else i wanted, but couldn't talk myself into buying...

image-624.jpgimage-624.jpg

best sign of the show...

image-456.jpgimage-456.jpg

#5 9 years ago

Nice pics Chris.

And what was that last pic of?

My (I love Space) mind sees what look like an Apollo capsule and I'm intrigued.

Did you buy it for me?

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

cool "apollo moon shot" gun game... i wish this had been working...

in keeping with my recent scale obsession, a pretty nice penny scale...

something else i wanted, but couldn't talk myself into buying...

best sign of the show...

image-223.jpg 198 KB

image-636.jpg 166 KB

image-624.jpg 283 KB

image-456.jpg 117 KB

Here's a few pictures of inside the Ice Show that Buddy Robinson from North Jersey restored and sold to a South Jersey collector. Buddy's Ice Show played super fast and smooth and looked great. I talked to Buddy and he said he had many hours in the game and it showed.
    Allentown 2014 003.jpgAllentown 2014 003.jpgAllentown 2014 004.jpgAllentown 2014 004.jpg

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from fflint_18:

Nice pics Chris.
    And what was that last pic of?
    My (I love Space) mind sees what look like an Apollo capsule and I'm intrigued.
    Did you buy it for me?

a "skylab", iirc...

nope, nothing came home yesterday other than some led's and a remote battery holder... and a "bad cats python pinball" t-shirt for my wife...

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

show was a good time... got to meet stashyboy and jr, and played a bunch of games...
    that "southern belle" was a thing of beauty... it gets the "first in show ribbon", imo; it is perfect.. i wanted this badly...

jr's "golden arrow"... it would have taken a BIG offer to pry this out of my hands, and i don't even particularly care for the artwork... geez, it was nice, one of the best all original em's i've laid my eyes on...

a darn nice "atlantis"...

a gorgeous "ice show".... i really liked the way the led lighting made this machine pop...

this "winner" was decent... needed a flipper rebuild though...

Chris, too bad I didn't get a chance to meet you, and some of the others, too. JR was wearing a pinside tag, so I was able to introduce myself to him and chat for a few moments before I got pulled off in another direction. Agreed that the Golden Arrow was a beauty. Pretty resilient tilt mechanism in that machine...no matter how hard I kicked the legs and nudged it, it wouldn't tilt....

I picked up the Slick Chick that was next to the Golden Arrow.

We also picked up a sweet Bank Shot and some parts.

I think the consensus among myself and my friends was that there were more EMs at this show than in the past. I believe there must have been 25 up and running and a dozen more dismantled in the outside market?

I did spend some serious time on the Southern Belle...played wonderfully. Also enjoyed the Dragonette that was down the row, but it wasn't for sale.

Prior to the show, I had been in discussion with the seller for the KnockOut, which was supposed to have been working and fully restored by show time. It wasn't, and I passed on it. A Minstrel caught my eye, but it needed lots of resto.

Interesting - saw several King of Diamonds and a Diamond Jack - all needed work, not set up or playing.
    Ditto for Flipper Pool. I'm looking for a nice glass for my Bank-A-Ball, so got excited each time I "thought" I saw a candidate, but they were not the same glass...guess I'll have to wait until the Webb reruns come...

Thanks to the pictures that are already posted, I can reference:
    Enjoyed a Big Daddy and the Gigi that was there. Both rough, but gave me an indication of how two games that I never played before behaved.

Saw the nice Ice Show and Heat Wave...both had sold signs on them in the early afternoon.

Some pre-flipper games being sold out of the back of a pickup in the parking lot. 3 for $800....could have been a deal if any of my more mechanically inclined friends even knew how to fix them.

And...the very good chicken pot pies at the Farmer's Market...

Joel

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Here's a few pictures of inside the Ice Show that Buddy Robinson from North Jersey restored and sold to a South Jersey collector. Buddy's Ice Show played super fast and smooth and looked great. I talked to Buddy and he said he had many hours in the game and it showed.

Allentown 2014 003.jpg 254 KB

Allentown 2014 004.jpg 208 KB

thanks vic for posting those, i didn't get to see the guts... i have no doubt he had MANY MANY hours in the game, it looked like it had been given a lot of love...

#10 9 years ago

On my way in 20 minutes!

#11 9 years ago

Thanks for sharing Vic. Can't make it this year, but sure looks like some great pins this time.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from oldcarz:

Chris, too bad I didn't get a chance to meet you, and some of the others, too. JR was wearing a pinside tag

yea, i would have liked to have shaken your hand as well... next year i'm following jr's lead and wearing a name tag...

Quoted from oldcarz:

I picked up the Slick Chick that was next to the Golden Arrow.
    We also picked up a sweet Bank Shot and some parts.
    I think the consensus among myself and my friends was that there were more EMs at this show than in the past. I believe there must have been 25 up and running and a dozen more dismantled in the outside market?

that slick chick looked pretty good... i didn't see the bank shot... i got a little overwhelmed after awhile... there were certainly more em's this year than last year (last year was first time for me)... i'd say there were even more than you note...

Quoted from oldcarz:

I did spend some serious time on the Southern Belle...played wonderfully.

yes, it did... if i could have bought that, i would have...

Quoted from oldcarz:

Prior to the show, I had been in discussion with the seller for the KnockOut, which was supposed to have been working and fully restored by show time. It wasn't, and I passed on it. A Minstrel caught my eye, but it needed lots of resto.
    Interesting - saw several King of Diamonds and a Diamond Jack - all needed work, not set up or playing.

i saw both the knockout and the minstrel... i wish the knockout had been working, i wanted to play it... i thought the minstrel was a bit on the expensive side considering the amount of work it needed, but i guess they aren't overly common...

yes, it did appear that the KOD tree got shaken pretty hard...

Quoted from oldcarz:

And...the very good chicken pot pies at the Farmer's Market...

the bacon beef barley soup at that amish countertop place was pretty good too...

image-926.jpgimage-926.jpg

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

You weren't the only one who wanted to that Belle home. My 11 year old son begged me all day for it. Whoever bought Belle to the show, THANKS!!!!

0502141624a.jpg0502141624a.jpg
    #14 9 years ago

The Peeping Tom Birdhouse... What did you see in there, exactly?

Seriously, what can you tell me about that item, please? I'm very curious to know how much it was, how old it is, and if there was something funny happening inside.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from cheesewhisperer:

Seriously, what can you tell me about that item, please? I'm very curious to know how much it was, how old it is, and if there was something funny happening inside.

why, nothing... nothing at all...

very little to be honest... i'm not really a collector of "old stuff", but certain items just catch my eye and i want them... dunno how much it was, i knew if i asked the price i was going to buy it... and as cool as it looked, i really don't need to deal with restoring one of those... so after staring at it for awhile, i decided to quietly move on...

i know who will know though... calling alex... calling alex...

#16 9 years ago

Loving the pictures of the EM's at the show and thanks to all who took them.

Ken

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tony01:

0502141624a.jpg 218 KB

Jim Sullivan from Del Music company in South Jersey brought the Southern Belle. It might end up at the Silver Ball in Asbury Park NJ if it doesn't sell.
    Allentown 2014 039.jpgAllentown 2014 039.jpg

#18 9 years ago

Thanks for the pics - wish I was there.......

#19 9 years ago

Here's some wood rails that were really priced cheap and didn't sell on Friday. I wonder if they sold on Saturday?
    These were sitting right next to that excellent condition Williams reverse wedgehead "Beat the Clock".
    Allentown 2014 019.jpgAllentown 2014 019.jpg

#20 9 years ago

Unfortunately, the Southern Bell wasn't working when I tried to play it.

#21 9 years ago

Bally "Beauty Contest" wood rail and some more EM's.
    Allentown 2014 020.jpgAllentown 2014 020.jpgAllentown 2014 035.jpgAllentown 2014 035.jpgAllentown 2014 036.jpgAllentown 2014 036.jpg

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from cheesewhisperer:

Looks to be a 1940s Exhibit Supply Viewer or Peep machine. There were a bunch of variations. Obviously it appears the original glass has been replaced with this homemade version. Images inside are usually a comedic diorama. Often times a play on words and not necessarily the sexy scene you'd expect.

I have one titled "When Will You Marry and Find Love in a Cottage." It shows a pick of a perky cutie in front of picturesque house greeting her loving husband. You look inside to see a lady with a big butt bending over doing laundry in a tub in the ramshackle back yard. Mines mechanically animated. Some are not. I have a friend that has another that says "Things a man should avoid." The glass has a picture of a man smoking a cigar, a martini nearby and a pretty gal on his lap. Inside is a diorama with a noose and electric chair I think.

These machines are a neat novelty and fairly hard to find. I got mine in a package deal and sold off many of the other items, so at this point it's almost free. The few others I've seen for sale were in the $800-$1000 range. I'm guessing one like the project Chris saw would be much cheaper. I'd have been interested...

#23 9 years ago

Great pictures everyone

How much is the Southern Belle selling for then?

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Great pictures everyone
    How much is the Southern Belle selling for then?

$3500...

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Looks to be a 1940s Exhibit Supply Viewer or Peep machine. There were a bunch of variations. Obviously it appears the original glass has been replaced with this homemade version. Images inside are usually a comedic diorama. Often times a play on words and not necessarily the sexy scene you'd expect.
    I have one titled "When Will You Marry and Find Love in a Cottage." It shows a pick of a perky cutie in front of picturesque house greeting her loving husband. You look inside to see a lady with a big butt bending over doing laundry in a tub in the ramshackle back yard. Mines mechanically animated. Some are not. I have a friend that has another that says "Things a man should avoid." The glass has a picture of a man smoking a cigar, a martini nearby and a pretty gal on his lap. Inside is a diorama with a noose and electric chair I think.
    These machines are a neat novelty and fairly hard to find. I got mine in a package deal and sold off many of the other items, so at this point it's almost free. The few others I've seen for sale were in the $800-$1000 range. I'm guessing one like the project Chris saw would be much cheaper. I'd have been interested...

thanks alex, i knew you'd know...

i was really tempted, believe me... i wanted it, but i didn't want to do the work to restore it...

#26 9 years ago

Thanks to Ivan and the entire crew for putting on a great show as usual. I did meet a few of you guys; Chris, I didn't see you on Saturday though. Met "Gerry" from Syracuse, NY at the hotel on Saturday night as my brother and I were waiting for our take out food from the restaurant/pub/noise generator (it was actually quite quiet there on Saturday night). He invited us to come out and have a few drinks after we were done eating, but it was much later than I thought and only made it about halfway through my late dinner and was feeling that it was time to hit the hay (sorry Gerry, maybe we'll get together at York). I learned later from my brother that Gerry is good friends with the Perfetti's from Oswego. They're really great guys and always bring a truckload of games to the flea market. I don't think they're on Pinside, but maybe they lurk anyway.
    I took lots of photos, but I'm busy getting everything squared away back here at home. Gotta get back to the real world; work tomorrow and possibly away for a few days again. As soon as I get a chance, I'll post some photos.
    Vic, thanks for posting the pix and to all thanks for the praise I got for my "Golden Arrow". It was a nice game and I wouldn't have minded taking it home with me, but I'm glad it's going to a good home, and I have a little scratch for the next acquistion. Well done show all around and of course looking forward to York in the fall, and hopefully Pacak will pull of that NJ show in the summer.

#27 9 years ago

Thanks for the pics! I am so jelly! Time to plan for next year. Fly / Drive up with others. Cash in hand with other's buys / share a uhaul cost 3 or 4 ways.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Thanks to Ivan and the entire crew for putting on a great show as usual. I did meet a few of you guys; Chris, I didn't see you on Saturday though. Met "Gerry" from Syracuse, NY at the hotel on Saturday night as my brother and I were waiting for our take out food from the restaurant/pub/noise generator (it was actually quite quiet there on Saturday night). He invited us to come out and have a few drinks after we were done eating, but it was much later than I thought and only made it about halfway through my late dinner and was feeling that it was time to hit the hay (sorry Gerry, maybe we'll get together at York). I learned later from my brother that Gerry is good friends with the Perfetti's from Oswego. They're really great guys and always bring a truckload of games to the flea market. I don't think they're on Pinside, but maybe they lurk anyway.
    I took lots of photos, but I'm busy getting everything squared away back here at home. Gotta get back to the real world; work tomorrow and possibly away for a few days again. As soon as I get a chance, I'll post some photos.
    Vic, thanks for posting the pix and to all thanks for the praise I got for my "Golden Arrow". It was a nice game and I wouldn't have minded taking it home with me, but I'm glad it's going to a good home, and I have a little scratch for the next acquistion. Well done show all around and of course looking forward to York in the fall, and hopefully Pacak will pull of that NJ show in the summer.

Jr, it was great to meet ya.. good thing you didnt come back down to the bar then, cause we got into the shots of Patron right away LOL...

Can wait to see ya again at York, and yep Chad and Joe will be there as well.. we will have a great time im shure

And your GA was AWESOME BTW

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-show-2014pictures-information and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.