Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 185 posts
  • 72 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Blackbeard
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PA070210.jpg
    PA070211.jpg
    British cop.gif
    2015-05-01 11.47.49.jpg
    2015-05-01 11.18.23.jpg
    image.jpg
    2015-04-30 16.16.18.jpg
    2015-04-30 18.32.04.jpg
    2015-04-30 17.38.36.jpg
    2015-04-30 17.38.22.jpg
    20150501_011614.jpg
    20150501_011552.jpg
    IMG_0161.jpg
    IMG_1875.JPG
    IMG_20150430_154725_433.jpg
    IMG_4078.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I'll be there on Friday from 12-3. (Why can't it start earlier? I'll be getting my 80s groove on later in the day. I have meet & greet passes for Spandau Ballet in Red Bank and gotta split early. Let the ball busting begin...)

I'll go Saturday if I'm feeling it, but probably not. It's overcrowded and a bunch of machines are gone already.

Who else is going?

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Pintastic will be there both days. Come say hi.

Wait...a festival will be at the festival??? *Mind Blown*

Quoted from ccotenj:

i'm in... hoping to go both days, but i have jury duty on the 30th and if i get chosen, i likely won't make friday...

You won't get picked. Just tell them you hate everybody.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinsforfun:

I'll be there Thursday - Saturday working as a door man. Please show your wrist bands for reentry.

Oh, I'll show you something...

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

also if you do wear them how do you affix them. I know I'm setting myself up for a good ball-bustin' "yeah RC, it's customary to staple it to a headband like Mike Reno from Loverboy..."

Why would we ball bust you? That IS how you wear it!

I was thinking the same thing...but I've decided that Allentown probably isn't the place to do Pinside badges. I'd feel like too much of a douchebag (and I don't need help with that). Since they do wristbands there, you just slap one on, wander the grounds incognito, and hope nobody you insulted online recognizes you. (Although I've had fellow Pinsiders give me up in the past...)

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from dtown:

I'm curious. Why? I mean...this IS a pinball show. Are the cool pinball guys gonna beat me up or take me in the bathroom....

I'll tell you why. If there isn't already an existing badge hanging there, it's like you're walking around saying, "Hey! I'm on Pinside!" like that's some badge of honor or something. It's a freakin' forum. I just think it's kind of douchey, but to each their own. I won't do it. I really do think it'll make me look like the dork pictured above. I'll proudly wear it at ReplayFX when I have a badge on a lanyard already. Not so bad then.

And I wouldn't take you into the bathroom and beat you up because you'd probably kick my fat ass around the joint, then shove my head in the toilet and give me a swirly.

#50 9 years ago

WHICH bald bastard???

#52 9 years ago

Around 11:30 on Friday a brown CRV will pull into the parking lot. The windows will be rolled down and the stereo will be blaring Billy Joel's "Allentown." People in line, annoyed, will turn from their pre-show anticipatory conversations and point, saying, "Who's THAT dick?"

That'll be me.

#54 9 years ago

Can't, buddy. Spandau Ballet beckons.

#57 9 years ago

Well in that case I'll be cranking it up just a little more this year.

1 week later
    #80 8 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

After I had a customer ask me if I had any t-shirts, I decided to look into what it costs to have them made. I was shocked to find that you can get custom designs in quantity 1 for less than $30 shipped (customink.com). I'll be there on Saturday, wearing this.
    shirt.jpg

You being there on Saturday may be enough to get me back out there the second day. You being there with another LED OCD board on hand for my Funhouse would make my visit guaranteed.

1 week later
    #94 8 years ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Should I come on Friday or Saturday?

Yes.

#99 8 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

I'll be there signing autographs when the show opens on friday.

#103 8 years ago

This thread is starting to get REALLY funny...

I'll probably wear a t-shirt with a picture of my rude dog on it...anyone who knows my avatar will know it's me, but I'll avoid being douchey by not wearing a Pinside badge at a show that doesn't use badges. That t-shirt should smell pretty awesome by Saturday...

#105 8 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As it's the first time I'm skipping New Orleans Jazzfest in about 8 years, I'll be there. You shall all be greeted.

Bring your PAPA trophy. It'll be like the Stanley Cup tour. I can take a picture with it.

#110 8 years ago

Longest day of my life: The last day I have to work before any pinball show...and I'm not done until 8:30 tonight.

#118 8 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I'll probably be the only guy there in a Hawaiian Shirt.....

We'd get along great. I wear Hawaiian shirts nearly every day. I'm a teacher, and when I take a day off from wearing them, the kids get depressed. It's part of who I am at this point.

Having said that, I'll be taking a day off from them tomorrow and Saturday. But I can wear one if it'll help you find me.

#157 8 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Did anyone have problem with the teenage boy & girl who were hogging the Mustang?
    When it was my turn to play, they got so impatient (was my best game ever on Mustang). They started hanging all over me. When I asked them to stop, the boy then stood next to me and just starting farting.
    Un-f__king believable.

A lot of rude people there.

That said, I met SO many Pinsiders that I wanted to say hello to. (Looked for you, Trekkie, and didn't see your Jets hoodie or Batman machine!) Missed seeing a lot of people I would have liked to meet, but it was difficult to even find people I knew inside that mess of people and machines.

Great show, and I'm looking forward to it next year.

Until then...I'm looking forward to Pintastic New England!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-roll-call-whos-in?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.