10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dasvis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Dumb luck has given me the opportunity to be in Allentown Friday morning for the opening bell, so a few questions for you vets.

I need to buy some things for a Jacks Open I picked up a few weeks ago.....back door, new or decent set of legs, and playfield glass. Pretty heavy items to ship, so are my chances good finding these at the show?

Also, I don't see PBR on the vendor list and thought I read somewhere they didn't do shows anymore, but are there other vendors that may have their stuff...flipper rebuild kits, plastic sets, documentation, coils, etc...or in other words, should I bring my PBR shopping list for this game and expect to get most of it filled?

I'm really looking forward to this so I can "maybe" get a chance to play some of the classic EM's that seem to always come up in discussions....which reminds me of another question while I'm typing this.....etiquette in free play area.....I'm thinking if someone is waiting behind you, pretty much play one game and get back in line??

Geez, also is there beer for sale at the shows....what's a game without a beer?

As you can probably guess I've never been to a pinball show before, so I guess this is another step with this sick obsession...hahaha.

Really looking forward to it though.

Thanks

Pat

#2 10 years ago

Lots of venders and yes you will find glass and legs and more.

#3 10 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Lots of venders and yes you will find glass and legs and more.

I don't think last year there was any beer. I have been to chicago expo and the allentown show is nothing like that was.

#4 10 years ago

I have only been to York but in the free play area, you could wait your turn, play one game and move on...

or, if you feel so inclined, ask the person behind you if they want to play a two player game. You both get to enjoy and experience the game and you may make a new pinball friend...

#5 10 years ago

Glass, and legs, no specific PBResource items. If you are a scavenger, you might want to pick up a used populated playfield and/or parts game.

#6 10 years ago

I just ordered some parts from PBR this week. I asked Steve if he was attending the Allentown show and he clearly stated he was not attending.

#7 10 years ago

For the last couple years I've seen a few wedgehead backdoors. Plenty of playfield glass and lots of legs..if you are willing to clean them up a bit. Usually there is no issues finding an open EM game to play.

#8 10 years ago

Chad P, will have new back doors for Gottlieb's and others. He will be on the back wall of the inside flea market .

#9 10 years ago

Thanks for the info everyone. Looks like I'll be good on those large parts and from reading archived posts from previous years and other shows, I hope I can limit myself to parts and not a whole damn machine

1 week later
    #10 9 years ago

We have beer at the NW pin show. FYI

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.