Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ryandimx
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sohchx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Is a show like this the best place to buy a pinball table?

IMO I'd say the best place to buy a pin would be on here. I'll buy from a trusted Pinsider before I buy from a random stranger at a show. This way I know their reputation and exactly what kind of quality machine to expect from past transactions with other members.

#56 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

For myself, I would rather see a machine in person but I don't hold it against anyone for making a deal on here.

Agreed. I have never understood how someone can trust another enough to just pay them thousands for something unseen in person. Unless of course you know the seller on a personal level. I almost paid another member $3k via Paypal in full for a machine before picking it up on Friday, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Yeah, the machine looked good in the pictures, but what about what I couldn't see? I also didn't like the feeling of being pushed to send the money because there was a line of potential buyers behind me, so I regretfully had to let it go.

#58 7 years ago
    Quoted from balboarules:

anyone notice the huge spike in pinball 2K games listed for sale now?

I wish that were the case out here. I've been looking for a reasonably priced RFM for over a year now I just can't find one.

#60 7 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Sold the pin I brought for $1000, which was exactly what it cost me several months ago. I bought it when purchasing another pin from a guy and figured I'd have fun with it for a few months and then use it to get into Pinfest for free and sell it for what it cost me.

Did your Viper sell??

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Didn't bring Viper because I brought and sold 3 of the juke/game touch systems and didn't have room in the van.

Ahhh okay, then yours wasn't the one that I saw, but thought it was lol. Either way it was good to see one out in the wild. Someone was always on it.

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Looking forward to the York show. Smaller selection but way way better prices and all of the games seem to generally be in better condition .

As am I, and I had a much better experience at York last year. Everyone that I talked to that went to Allentown last year told me that it was the better show of the two and that simply wasn't what I experienced. At least from now on with going to York I'll be much closer to home. If I do decide to go back which will be a big IF, I definitely won't go on Friday like everyone said to, and I gotta remember to hit the farmers market for all of the deliciousness that I kept hearing about. I was just so angry and disappointed with the show that I left without even getting food or thinking about it.

#85 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Why is that? I definitely did think Friday was the better day regardless, at least for play.
    See you at York!

Because I keep reading that the killer deals were done on Saturday lol. No one wants to break all that down and drag it back home and I can't blame them. I mainly came to buy not to play but came home with an empty truck. I'm still all played out from going to pinball at the Zoo

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sohchx.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-pin-prices?tu=sohchx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.