Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ryandimx
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dooskie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I've been reading through the posts from the Allentown show this weekend, and it seems like a lot of people are complaining about the prices for the games that were for sale.

From what I have been reading the past several months, the general consensus is that prices have been going up, partly because there is a lot of new interest in pinball games. So I'm curious about how things work at a show like the one at Allentown. Do the people selling their personal machines have to pay a percentage to the show, or do they have to pay to bring the machine? And how about the vendors, same thing? I know you get free admission if you bring a machine to the free play area, but beyond that, I haven't researched anything else that goes with it.

I'm in golf retail. I sell clubs on eBay, as well as in my pro shop. In general, it seems like people always think your prices are too high and that you're making a killing when you sell a set of golf clubs for $399. They don't take into account the eBay fees, the PayPal fees, the shipping fees, your time to take pictures of the clubs and the time it takes to actually list those clubs. And on top of that, to stay in business, you have to make a profit.

So moving that over to pinball, why all the negative comments about the prices this year? I'm not being at all critical of someone selling a machine. I understand they have to make some money. I'm also not being critical of a consumer looking for a deal. Just curious why people felt the prices were too high.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Vendors pay for floor space not by machine sold. Free play games that were sold don't pay anything. In other words there is no cut from the sale of games to the expo.
    Simple, you don't charge retail at a swap meet/show and expect people not to complain. Many prices were pushed up to point that they were over what normally sells for. But I heard several people saying they got BLANK and BLANK at a lot less then the seller was asking. So same old same old. There were also many pins there priced pretty good. Most of them were sold Friday.

Is a show like this the best place to buy a pinball table?

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

The Allentown show was always the best place to buy at up until this year. The best place seems to be here on the pre-sale this year.

Why do you think there has been a shift?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dooskie.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-pin-prices?tu=dooskie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.