3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ryandimx
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ckcsm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I was onsite sat from 9:00 until 2:00. We had a great time and had no issues whatsoever except one. There was a guy who had a tales of the Arabian nights machine across from the hobbit machines and next to a pacman upright vid. He seemed to take great joy out of the countless people who tried to play the game only to realize it wasn't set to free play but also did not have a forsale/ not for sale card on it. He had it set up where you needed to put quarters in in order to play. I saw a guy ask him if it was for sale ? His response was to yell at the guy saying its not for sale and don't ask again. From the way he spoke you could tell he was hearing impaired. A few seconds later Kenada walked up and started carefully looking it over. I watched mr angry eye him up and waited for what I thought might be the funniest thing I've seen in a long time but Kenada just walked away. Does anyone know the guy or anything more?
    Very strange...

Yes, his name is Mike Reeder and is hearing impaired so it seems like his yelling is his normal voice. I spoke with him late Saturday and was able to do a last minute deal on the Surfer he had in his booth. He did say the the Arabian Nights was a purchase at the show and was not plugged in when I saw it.

I don't know him very well but I don't think he would intentionally mess with anyone; just a little tough to deal with mainly due to his hearing loss.

#97 3 years ago
    Quoted from cfc0d3r:

If you don't mind me asking, how was the Surfer pin you picked up? I had hopes of attending, looking for the same pin, but was not able to make it. Trying to triangulate prices on Surfer pins to ensure when one does come up that I can make a fair and reasonable offer. Also, was it Surfer or Surf Champ? Thanks!

It's a 2 player Surfer. The machine is in very nice shape, some marks on the cabinet here and there but the playfield is in amazing condition, no paint wear or any planking, no cracked plastics. The play meter says around 15,000 plays which I think is correct, Mike stated he has owned this machine for over 35 years (says he got it when he was 12 years old) and I'm assuming it didn't get played hard as a home use machine. He had $1000 on it and I was able to take it home for $700, which I think is reasonable for the condition and desirability of this title.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 45.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    LightAndTimeArt
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Pinball Haus
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 15.00
    $ 229.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 37.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Forever
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 199.99
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ckcsm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside