Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ryandimx
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfc0d3r.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 7 years ago
    Quoted from ckcsm:

Yes, his name is Mike Reeder and is hearing impaired so it seems like his yelling is his normal voice. I spoke with him late Saturday and was able to do a last minute deal on the Surfer he had in his booth. He did say the the Arabian Nights was a purchase at the show and was not plugged in when I saw it.
    I don't know him very well but I don't think he would intentionally mess with anyone; just a little tough to deal with mainly due to his hearing loss.

If you don't mind me asking, how was the Surfer pin you picked up? I had hopes of attending, looking for the same pin, but was not able to make it. Trying to triangulate prices on Surfer pins to ensure when one does come up that I can make a fair and reasonable offer. Also, was it Surfer or Surf Champ? Thanks!

#99 7 years ago
    Quoted from ckcsm:

It's a 2 player Surfer. The machine is in very nice shape, some marks on the cabinet here and there but the playfield is in amazing condition, no paint wear or any planking, no cracked plastics. The play meter says around 15,000 plays which I think is correct, Mike stated he has owned this machine for over 35 years (says he got it when he was 12 years old) and I'm assuming it didn't get played hard as a home use machine. He had $1000 on it and I was able to take it home for $700, which I think is reasonable for the condition and desirability of this title.

Thank you for the details! That is exactly in-line with pricing I've seen over the past year while looking for a Surfer. The 2-player version is definitely more rare, contrary to what ipdb says. Plus, that's the version that has nostalgia for me and my family. My grandfather owned a Surfer back in the 80's/90's and I spent many a day playing that pin when visiting his house. I think you got a great deal on it - especially one that was taken care of as a HUO pin for 35 years! Congrats!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cfc0d3r.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-pin-prices?tu=cfc0d3r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.