Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by ryandimx
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

Vendors pay for floor space not by machine sold. Free play games that were sold don't pay anything. In other words there is no cut from the sale of games to the expo.
    Simple, you don't charge retail at a swap meet/show and expect people not to complain. Many prices were pushed up to point that they were over what normally sells for. But I heard several people saying they got BLANK and BLANK at a lot less then the seller was asking. So same old same old. There were also many pins there priced pretty good. Most of them were sold Friday.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Is a show like this the best place to buy a pinball table?

The Allentown show was always the best place to buy at up until this year. The best place seems to be here on the pre-sale this year.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

Why do you think there has been a shift?

Don't know, guess everyone wants their piece of the pie. Or prices are just going up and up and up.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spider3582:

I went to my first Pinfest just for EMs. Prices where double what they were worth and alot of them didn't have enough flipper to even play the game. I thought even the vendors prices were high. Not all ,there was a couple reasonable priced games but not many. Some games you cut the price in half and it still wouldn't be a great deal. I think a lot of EMs were put up to get in Thursday night they put a crazy price on it and if they get it they are happy if not they got in for free and Thursday night. If you are asking a crazy price at least have it working right

Completely agree on the price statement. I also mentioned about the games being to flat because of weak flippers. But we do have to keep in mind that games are affected from loss of power at the shows. They can play great at home but play weak at the shows.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from yfz450:

I brought two games, one was an EM, Target Pool. It wasn't for sale until I saw that North Star. I wanted the North Star but was priced out of my range and he wouldn't take a trade, so I priced mine accordingly. His North Star sold, so I pulled my for sale card. I noticed that my flippers were a bit weaker than they were at home. My fault for not putting it on High Tap, but still played fine as I was still able to make it to the upper playfield, so I left it that way. It's a major pita to work on the game during the show. I still had to as my 10's reel was acting up on Saturday.
    It just gets old hearing the complaints from people that never bring games. Rant over!

Not sure which Target pool I played but thought it played pretty good. Thanks for bringing it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcademojo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/allentown-pin-prices?tu=arcademojo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.